Sign in to follow this  
Gromitt

Calling all stattos

Help needed, was on flown the nest last night trying to recall a young forward player who made his 1st team debut in the premier season I think it was against Liverpool at home, then got shipped out. Think he went to Peterborough.

[quote user="morty"]You thinking of Ryan Jarvis? Don''t think he went to Peterboro though.
[/quote]

Nope not him, recall sitting in the Barclay and this player looked lively and not afraid to have a pop at goal and looked a good prospect, got reminisicing last night and couldn''t recall his name, trawled through flown from the nst and no name seemed to jog the memory, evened tried a bit of google but couldn''t draw up any stas or teams for the game and just bugged me tonight, hence the original post.

I often wonder if we had had a decent manager during their time IF it might have made a difference to them.

See what Lambert has got out of Martin.

[quote user="The Butler"]You thinking of Danny Crowe now playing for Luton?[/quote]

Thats the one, cheers for that, memory failed and was thinking name ended in ay for some reason, all the same the young Mr Crowe is not on Flown, just rechecked.

It''s Crow without an e I think. As for what Lambert has got from Martin and a "decent" manager... Really? Lambert has done well and Martin scored goals in League 1. Are you honestly suggesting that winning league one makes Lambert a better manager than Worthington Butler?? I sincerely hope that Lambert leads us into the top flight and keeps us there, surely until he manages that his record is inferior to Worthingtons??

[quote user="The Butler"]

I often wonder if we had had a decent manager during their time IF it might have made a difference to them.

[/quote]

Really [:|]

Even though Worthy is the best manager the Jarvis brothers, Henderson, Crowe and countless more of the jems will ever play under. Now it''s his fault they found their level where they did. Now I can remember trying to defend Worthy for playing Etuhu over Rossi and Dublin over Ryan. I was assured that signing Dion was a snub to Ryan and Etuhu a snub to Rossi. Folk never, ever come back and say "I may have been wrong". And now it seems that the only reason Ryan wasn''t better than Dion and the only reason Rossi is at Barnet while Etuhu has played the rest of his career in the Prem is because of that hopeless manager Worthington.

It''s opinions like these that just reinforce my views that fans should be as far away from the running oif football clubs as they can get.

Pressure groups? Waste of space! What good have they ever achieved?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Even though Worthy is the best manager the Jarvis brothers, Henderson, Crowe and countless more of the jems will ever play under. Now it''s his fault they found their level where they did. Now I can remember trying to defend Worthy for playing Etuhu over Rossi and Dublin over Ryan. I was assured that signing Dion was a snub to Ryan and Etuhu a snub to Rossi. Folk never, ever come back and say "I may have been wrong". And now it seems that the only reason Ryan wasn''t better than Dion and the only reason Rossi is at Barnet while Etuhu has played the rest of his career in the Prem is because of that hopeless manager Worthington.

It''s opinions like these that just reinforce my views that fans should be as far away from the running oif football clubs as they can get.

[/quote]

Pressure groups? One helped to get rid of Worthy after he had wasted the Prem Silver.......and was well past his sell by date.

Many would say that was pretty useful.

Given that Delia subsequently approached Worthy a few years after about coming back, one is left to wonder at the wrench his departure was at the time. And without that pressure group whether or not......

[:S]

OTBC

[quote user="Gromitt"]

Help needed, was on flown the nest last night trying to recall a young forward player who made his 1st team debut in the premier season I think it was against Liverpool at home, then got shipped out. Think he went to Peterborough.

[/quote]

Here you go Gromitt,after a bit of trawling;

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/crow.htm

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yet another DIG at NCISA because of your precious Worthy(yet NCISA did NOT start that campaign)

Yet you want people to move on from the past.

Get over it. 

Does every post I make (other than PUPS of course) have to be subjected to this vitriol you pour on NCISA all the time.

As Bly would say the world and his wife now realise.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh good God here we go again.Page 1 of what without little doubt will rumble on and on and on and on and on until evrybody has lost the will to live and Nutty has had the last word......14 or 15 pages i should think will cover it.[:P]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair points, I think...Butler, do you not think Worthington was a decent manager?

Remember watching Crow on ''Big Ron Football Manager''

The kid seemed quite talented but had such a attitude problem! So too did St Ledger, now at Preston!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair points, I think...

Butler, do you not think Worthington was a decent manager?
[/quote]

The answer to that is obvious from the post. I can''t believe folk still trot out the same old garbage against Worthy that was made up to campaign against him.

Get over it. There''s nothing to be gained by making up slurs against him now.  He''s gone and the history books will show you the truth. I best leave it there though. Tilly will accuse me of raking up the past when I didn''t. And Butler now has Bly as one of his flock which says more than I ever could.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair points, I think...

[/quote]

I am having difficulty spotting the difference between tongue in cheek and stirring with a wooden spoon Mister C.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair points, I think...Butler, do you not think Worthington was a decent manager?[/quote]

I am having difficulty spotting the difference between tongue in cheek and stirring with a wooden spoon Mister C.

[/quote]Neither.  An honest question as I''m interested.  I thought Worthy was a fairly decent and successful manager whose only crime was to stay a season longer than he should have done, and he deserved better than the virtual public execution he was given at the end.If people have other points of view, I''d be interested to hear it, given that this is a message board for discussion.  I thought Worthington did quite well with the youth players, bringing through Llewellyn, Henderson, R Jarvis (x2), Crow - plus others I''ve doubtless forgotten.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair points, I think...

[/quote]

The answer to that is obvious from the post. I can''t believe folk still trot out the same old garbage against Worthy that was made up to campaign against him.

Get over it. There''s nothing to be gained by making up slurs against him now.  He''s gone and the history books will show you the truth. I best leave it there though. Tilly will accuse me of raking up the past when I didn''t. And Butler now has Bly as one of his flock which says more than I ever could.

[/quote]

Correct me if i am wrong but the name Worthington or Worthy was first printed in this thread by your good self and Duncan.The Butler made a valid point in my book but as usual you just see it as another opportunity to continue your hindsight crusade and then have the nerve to print " Get over it".

Tilly, are you telling us that The Butler wasn''t referring to Worthy in that ridiculous post? You two really are more slippery than the slipperiest thing.[sn]

Wind your nCIsA necks in or show me where I mentioned NCISA last night.[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Tilly, are you telling us that The Butler wasn''t referring to Worthy in that ridiculous post? You two really are more slippery than the slipperiest thing.[sn]

[/quote]

NN quote "Pressure groups? Waste of space! What good have they ever achieved?"

That was as much a reference to NCISA as my comment about managers was about Worthington.

Take your pick.

Just as a matter of interest how many youngsters did come through under his tenure (not a sacarstic comment just asking )

Chops, yes I did think he was a decent manager and man. Just stayed longer than he should have done that''s all.

Then we did not know what was to follow not having the benefit of that well used 20/20 hindsight.[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

As I said, more slippery than the slipperiest thing[sn]

As is this hindsight bollox. My views on this have never changed since that time and are well recorded on here.

I have nothing against the people on pressure groups, just believe they are well meaning amateurs trying to know best. Many of the things levelled at Worthy back then have been conclusively proved wrong over time. Start with "anybody would be better than Worthy" and move on through the rest. But not being able to recognise even now that it was wrong really shows a narrow minded agenda.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

" Wind your NCISA necks in" blah de blah de blah.You really have a serious ploblem Nutty i have posted 3 times this morning on here and i am struggling to see where in any of them i have made the slightest mention of NCISA.I might as well say wind your Bayer Social Club neck in if that is to be your ridiculous take on my posts.Forgotten i am no longer on the NCISA Committee have we? no i suspect not but it sure as hell helps you pour petrol on a fire you love to warm your hands on.Keep up the good work and this will soon turn into your NCISA v Worthy war of words or to use a word you used earlier "slur" that you seem to get a thrill out of.

[/quote]

As is this hindsight bollox. My views on this have never changed since that time and are well recorded on here.

I have nothing against the people on pressure groups, just believe they are well meaning amateurs trying to know best. Many of the things levelled at Worthy back then have been conclusively proved wrong over time. Start with "anybody would be better than Worthy" and move on through the rest. But not being able to recognise even now that it was wrong really shows a narrow minded agenda.

[/quote]

Total tosh agenda based.I have not said any of that.

Read what I said.

Now that''s it I have better things to do than feed your paranoia.

For everyone else reading this thread my advice is don''t bother as you have read it countless times already.As he said his views are WELL RECORDED and and and.................

Here we go again. Yawn, yawn.

Worthy was a good manager but didn''t know when it was time to quit. He stayed one season too long. Looking back he did a lot for the club but we have moved on now. At least many of us have. All past managers have made errors; some have even got some things right!

As for Danny Crow, wasn''t he around at the time when we had a lot of young players with last names being the same as several bird species?

Yet another thread thats gone off topic and will turn into a 10 page thread about Worthy/ncisa [:@]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Yet another thread thats gone off topic and will turn into a 10 page thread about Worthy/ncisa [:@]

[/quote]

Was taken off topic Angel. Nobody minded until I added my view. Am I not supposed to do that? Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee then come on here raking it over. It could have been left as two differing views but somehow nCIsA had to be dragged into it. Now my place of work, although why that''s relevant I haven''t a clue, is dragged into it.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Total tosh agenda based.I have not said any of that.

Read what I said.

Now that''s it I have better things to do than feed your paranoia.

For everyone else reading this thread my advice is don''t bother as you have read it countless times already.As he said his views are WELL RECORDED and and and.................

[/quote]

How about turning these " well recorded" quotes and posts into a best selling book Butler.I can see it now.....a NCISA forum with Nutty doing a book signing and Worthy as the guest speaker.[:)][:P][;)][:D]