Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

January

Surprised nobody''s commented on this:http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/lambert_prepares_to_bolster_his_squad_1_725781Any speculation as to who he might be after?

As long as he gets Barnetts loan extended I''m really not that worried. Surman back in a couple of weeks will be like having a new player anyway.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
No interest in the fact that we''ll be getting new players then?

Fair enough. I suppose it''s not really important anyway.

[/quote]

Where would you strengthen? Aside from bringing in Barnett on a permanent deal or extending his loan for the rest of the season I can''t see too many areas where I would bring in new blood. We have plenty of options in goal, as we do at left back, Barnett and Ward make a decent partnership in the middle and Russell Martin has improved no end since the start of the season. I wouldn''t change the midfield 4 of Crofts, Surman, Smith and Hoolahan and we have 3 decent strikers. Granted none of them are exactly banging goals in for fun but they are still learning their trade at this level, and I personally believe all 3 have the ability to make it at this level.

We could maybe do with cover for Holt, Russell Martin, and another out and out winger to give us options if we change formation, but if we stick with the diamond I think any member of our starting 11 would be justified in feeling hard done by if they were replaced in January.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Surprised nobody''s commented on this:http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/lambert_prepares_to_bolster_his_squad_1_725781Any speculation as to who he might be after?[/quote]While I don''t think Holt''s as out of his depth as many others appear to, I would be interested in someone up front to give us a bit more control and hold-up play.  If only as a plan B... a Svensson-type player, perhaps.

The interesting point to me is that lambert evidently thinks that, regardless of what WE think, the squad "needs a hand" & is going to bring in fresh blood. Given that, where do we think it''s going to be? My money''s on more firepower.

[quote user="ron obvious"]The interesting point to me is that lambert evidently thinks that, regardless of what WE think, the squad "needs a hand" & is going to bring in fresh blood. Given that, where do we think it''s going to be? My money''s on more firepower.[/quote]Agree - but if money''s tight, which it sounds like, and strikers are the most expensive of acquisitions, does he go for a loan - or someone unproven who may not be any better than what we''ve got?

The interesting point to me is that lambert evidently thinks that, regardless of what WE think, the squad "needs a hand" & is going to bring in fresh blood. Given that, where do we think it''s going to be? My money''s on more firepower.

[/quote]

---

---

I think your money might be in the right place, Ron. Lambert actually says Barnett is on his wishlist, but suggests it is not the only name there. “He is definitely one.”

You can prove pretty much anything with statistics, but of our 23 League goals only nine have come from strikers. That looks significant.

Surprised nobody''s commented on this:

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/lambert_prepares_to_bolster_his_squad_1_725781

Any speculation as to who he might be after?

[/quote]

Well, I hope its Barnett on a permanent, after that bargains I guess, but I trust Lambert to find them.

I''ve got a feeling that Lamberts looking at a striker, and obviously from the lower leagues due to monetary constraints. Adam Le Fondre at Rotherham has scored 38 goals in 59 games and his contract appears to be up this year.  5'' 11", and he''s only 24.  Failing that, then perhaps Charlie Austin at Swindon may be worth a punt.

would love le fondre but would cost 1 million at the very least, chris commons has 6 months left on his contract got to beworth a bid

Only thing i''ve heard transfer wise is that we''re interested in Hearts winger David Templeton who scored against Celtic in the 2-0 a week ago it was on the bbc website so maybe him?

[quote user="knockout nick"]would love le fondre but would cost 1 million at the very least, chris commons has 6 months left on his contract got to beworth a bid[/quote]

Just rechecked and Le Fondre''s contract runs until August 2012, so he could indeed cost a million.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]While I don''t think Holt''s as out of his depth as many others appear to, I would be interested in someone up front to give us a bit more control and hold-up play.  If only as a plan B... a Svensson-type player, perhaps.[/quote]I agree about Grant - apart from anything else we''ve nobody like him as replacement if he gets injured. At the same time, pacey attackers terrify oppositions, particularly on the break late in the game, so would we rather have backup for Jackson?I''ll tell you what we haven''t got - an attacker who can dominate in the air.There''s also the lack of cover at RB of course. Although Lambert seems to cope with defensive emergencies extremely well.The more I think about it, I''m certain he''s after a striker .

[quote user="paul moy"]I''ve got a feeling that Lamberts looking at a striker, and obviously from the lower leagues due to monetary constraints. Adam Le Fondre at Rotherham has scored 38 goals in 59 games and his contract appears to be up this year.  5'' 11", and he''s only 24.  Failing that, then perhaps Charlie Austin at Swindon may be worth a punt.[/quote]

Make that 40 goals in 59.5 games........ [<:o)]

I think we have this all wrong, we should not sign Leon, no strikers, no wingers...what we actually need is a ref! Reading have one and I think they have really hit on a winner...doesn''t matter if your players are having a shocker, bring the ref into the game and all of sudden it looks better.

[quote user="Kent Canary"]I think we have this all wrong, we should not sign Leon, no strikers, no wingers...what we actually need is a ref! Reading have one and I think they have really hit on a winner...doesn''t matter if your players are having a shocker, bring the ref into the game and all of sudden it looks better.[/quote]Very good!  [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Kent Canary"]I think we have this all wrong, we should not sign Leon, no strikers, no wingers...what we actually need is a ref! Reading have one and I think they have really hit on a winner...doesn''t matter if your players are having a shocker, bring the ref into the game and all of sudden it looks better.[/quote]Very good!  [:)][/quote]Thanks Mr C, can''t believe it....would help though! Man Utd have had one for years, we are just slow to the party.