Sign in to follow this  
FilletTheFishWife .

Season Ticket Prices for Under-16

Why do the prices shoot up at 12 years of age?

Under-12 = £75

Under-16 = £175

ok so that''s still less than a tenner a game , the under-12 is very cheap and ncfc could be getting twice that if the seat was occupied by an adult a**e (and there''s plenty of them about) but really what major income does a child (or rather his dad) get on his 12th birthday?

why not have one price for all under-16 (£125) ?

I have no idea, but thought I would hi-jack your thread about season tickets rather than start another one, hope you don''t mind.

My question is that I am about 734rd (I think) in the queue for a season ticket next season, does anyone have any insight as to whether I will get one?  

[quote]I have no idea, but thought I would hi-jack your thread about season tickets rather than start another one, hope you don''t mind. My question is that I am about 734rd (I think) in the queue for a seas...[/quote]

I don''t have any insight (!) but IMO if we are relegated you won''t have a problem, but if we stay up you would have to be very lucky. YOu are 290 places in front of me on the list. Also I have had to pay for the wonderful Hat Trick Plan + deposit for waiting list. But they haven''t said that if I am lucky with the season ticket then I will get my £20 back from the HTP (apparently you can''t do both).

On another matter they have got to be having a joke about the prices in the Jarrold stand (certain sections). All age bands have to pay the same, ie. top adult price. Are they saying if you are over 60 you''ll just have to pay up or go to another area of the ground? Strange pricing policy.

Sorry FOFW, I agree that it is strange re. U12 and U16 price policy. Maybe they think that by 13-16 year you could get yourself a paper round??

Last season my wife when my wife wanted a season ticket we were told that around 500 a year are not renewed through natrually wastage - that is people moving away, dying or just not wanting to attend any more.

On issue of price, I''d also like to know why I have to pay so much more for my son to sit in the Barclay now he''s 15, than I did when he was 12. It''s not as if he''s earning a wage of anything. I suppose we could switch a family area to save money but we both like the atmosphere where we sit.

[quote]Last season my wife when my wife wanted a season ticket we were told that around 500 a year are not renewed through natrually wastage - that is people moving away, dying or just not wanting to attend ...[/quote]

To take an under 12 to a football match with an adult works out at around £350 for the 2 tickets. I haven''t seen any under 12''s sitting on thre own yet and assume they probably go with parents/guardian, so the club have actually got £175/seat. Add to that it''s at the younger ages when you pin your colours to the mast. This is a healthy lost leader from the clubs point of view. As my son gets old enough to go to the ground with his mates instead of his Dad he will want to be in the "noisey" part of the ground so will end up paying more and leaving the way for more future fans to get the City bug and fill the stadium.

The young fans are the future of the club so any encouragement is good and the earlier you get them hooked the better.

Perhaps people should just thank their lucky stars that they can pay just £75 for a season ticket in these times of huge demand for tickets. £75 to £175 once a kid turns 16 is a big jump but its a jump from ridiculously cheap to still very reasonable. I dont think someone can complain if they have had the benefit of £75 season tickets for several years that they then have to pay a more reasonable ammount. I think the club have been amazingly restrained in ticket pricing considering the ground needs around 8000 more seats to meet demand, and a bit of recognition is in order i feel.

People may feel I am being a bit odd, but I think the prices should have been higher. If we have 20,000 season tickets and we all paid £50 more each, (a pound a week through the year) they would still be cheap and there would be another £1,000,000 in the transfer/player wages budget. If they had done this last year as well, when we looked like we were getting promoted anyway, there potentially would have been £2,000,000.

Now I am not saying we can all afford it etc. etc. but that extra money may have been enough to sign a Dean Ashton at the beginning of the season, as opposed to half way through. Who knows where we would have been then?

On the affordability issue, how many of us pay much higher prices to watch the club away. I have an away season ticket and it probably comes to £50/100 in total per game with petrol etc. So if accross the board we all put a little extra into the Carrow Road coffers, we could all benefit.

My main point was to question the case for discriminating at the age of 12.

Yes the prices are cheap and reasonable but for Blacko to suggest we could pay more is a dangerous road and perhaps if he had less disposable income or more seats to pay for (for sons and daughters) he might change the tune. There but for the grace of god...

After all, where do you stop? yes they could increase the prices - and beyond £50 - and still sellout but at what cost? You wouldn''t see many children at £20 per head. Its not just about maximising profits. Do we really want to alienate a significant - and probably more genuine - fan base? Pass me my prawn sandwich!  

p.s. Blacko, before you take it personally, i''m being critical of your suggestion and not you personally!