Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Who decides on red card appeals?

Is it the ref or an FA panel?.....if it''s the ref then I think we can forget it being overturned. If it''s a panel then I''m not still not holding holding my breath.

If however Holt does miss the next 3 matches, It''ll give all of you Holt-bashers the opportunity to see what happens when he''s not there........and after those 3 matches I hope you''ll all be man enough to come back here and eat humble pie.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Is it the ref or an FA panel?.....if it''s the ref then I think we can forget it being overturned. If it''s a panel then I''m not still not holding holding my breath.

If however Holt does miss the next 3 matches, It''ll give all of you Holt-bashers the opportunity to see what happens when he''s not there........and after those 3 matches I hope you''ll all be man enough to come back here and eat humble pie.

[/quote]

Assuming that we appeal the Ref will be asked if he wishes to review his decison, if he says no ( which is what normally happens ) it goes to a panel. Unfortunately a huge % of decisions are up held. Although a ridiculos decision you do have to remember that if the panel up hold the refs decision then there was also contact. This then makes it a silly appeal and Holt will receive an extra game ban. 

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Assuming that we appeal the Ref will be asked if he wishes to review his decison, if he says no ( which is what normally happens ) it goes to a panel. Unfortunately a huge % of decisions are up held. Although a ridiculos decision you do have to remember that if the panel up hold the refs decision then there was also contact. This then makes it a silly appeal and Holt will receive an extra game ban. 

[/quote]Even when the world and his wife all agree it wasn''t a sending off (well they were all in agreement on SKY).  THat would surely make the FA look brainless - the panel would have to be investigated for bringing the game into disrepute if you ask me if they didn''t allow an appeal to win!

[quote user="Matthias son of Deuteronomy of Gath"]

My worry is that they overturned one of his joke decisions last week (Ibannez).

Will they do it to him again?

[/quote]

That is a huge concern!, a big call to make now from the FA , if they do admit he got another one wrong in the space of a week, he has to be suspended ?!?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Matthias son of Deuteronomy of Gath"]

My worry is that they overturned one of his joke decisions last week (Ibannez).

Will they do it to him again?

[/quote]

That is a huge concern!, a big call to make now from the FA , if they do admit he got another one wrong in the space of a week, he has to be suspended ?!?

[/quote]

Good I''ve got a rope, let me suspend him.

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Even when the world and his wife all agree it wasn''t a sending off (well they were all in agreement on SKY).  THat would surely make the FA look brainless - the panel would have to be investigated for bringing the game into disrepute if you ask me if they didn''t allow an appeal to win!
[/quote]

I quickly remind you of Russells appeal last year and I would argue his was less a red card even than this. Dont just take it for granted it will be overturned. Russells appeal even had ex Ipswich players on BBC saying it would be over turned. Unfortunately as well reputations often seem to get noted which will not help Holt as he lunges most games.

The player of course here that should be punished is Harte. If you go down pretending you have been punched you are suspended for cheating. I dont see what the difference was here.    

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

Although a ridiculos decision you do have to remember that if the panel up hold the refs decision then there was also contact. This then makes it a silly appeal and Holt will receive an extra game ban. 

[/quote]Not sure it''s as cut and dry as that when it comes to whether or not an appeal is deemed "frivolous" and an extra game added. Actually I''m not sure I''ve ever seen any criteria for it; it just seems to be whether the panel fancy calling it "frivolous" or not.Surely even the FA wouldn''t have the balls to deem this one "frivolous", as it just clearly isn''t.

Good relevent post!

Holts our only targetman who has the physical presence to force defenders into mistakes and he makes the ball stick up front better than anyone else most of the time!

I''ve been trying to explain this to the Holt knockers this season and the only way they''ll see it is when he misses games! 

He has said he didn''t think it was a red card.He also said it didn''t influence the game, the result being purely down to his inspirational half-time team talk. Personally, I am of the opinion we would have conceded another goal or two.And scored about four. We were absolutely marinading them, they couldn''t handle us going forward.The result was a travesty.Mr. McDermott is a complete prawn.

[quote user="Northluck C."][quote user="Lambert is King"]

Although a ridiculos decision you do have to remember that if the panel up hold the refs decision then there was also contact. This then makes it a silly appeal and Holt will receive an extra game ban. 

[/quote]

Not sure it''s as cut and dry as that when it comes to whether or not an appeal is deemed "frivolous" and an extra game added. Actually I''m not sure I''ve ever seen any criteria for it; it just seems to be whether the panel fancy calling it "frivolous" or not.

Surely even the FA wouldn''t have the balls to deem this one "frivolous", as it just clearly isn''t.
[/quote]

I do agree North but I dont think based on previous panel decisions that many cases get overturned. In no way am I trying to be negative I just think there was contact which gives them the opportunity to stand by their man. I hope though in ths instance the  ref will have another look and  use Harte as his get out clause. Basically Harte is a cheat imo in this episode and it is his reaction that has Holt seeing red. Although the ref was useless Harte must take his share of the blame. You should also note the number 20s reaction on seeing it a few times now that was when the red came out.   

Yeah I agree it''s not at all certain they''ll overturn it. The Russell incident is a massive indicator of that as well as the fact an M. Oliver red card was rescinded less than two weeks ago... the FA will likely look for any excuse they can to defend him and let it stand. I don''t think even the FA will smack an extra game on this one though... but this is the FA I guess...Maybe, just maybe the game being on Sky could work in our favour; since the decision was criticised by all their pundits tonight. Odds are about 50/50 I''d say.

*including former Reading captain....If i reading man can say it was the completely wrong decision, that must go some way to telling them it was wrong....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]I am on the panel which will discuss Grant Holts innocuous tackle....He will be exonerated.