Sign in to follow this  
Brackley Canary

Penalty Decision??

At first I thought it was a defo peno, but then they did the angle from behind and Lappin barely touched him. The KOS also tried to withdraw his leg, and by the time the challenge was made the ball was out anyway.

50/50.

havent actually seen it...I threw my placemat at the DvD, screamed " Cee uou next tuesday" and walked to the door of my room.Ball back of net, Tv went off.

I have to think what would I feel if it had been the other way round and not given.  I would be livid, so I have to conceed that I think it was one of the few decisions he did get right. [:(]

I thought it was 50/50 - we need to stay on our feet in the box, diving in always costs us.There was no way the ref wasn''t going to give it though.

Hate to say it but it probably was a penalty imo, i know if it had been our player going down in the same situation i would have said it was stone waller.

on replay it does a look a bit iffy, but at normal speed i thought it looked a clear pen, so can understand why it was given.

I actually thought that the KoS was going to get a red, but I reckon the ref knew he''d already made a massive ''ricket'' on the Holty decision. Mind you he was so poor, I''m really surprised we weren''t down to 9 men..      

[quote user="Boyo"]I thought it was stone wall penalty tbh.[/quote]Agreed, we would be livid if such a decision was not given to us at Carrow Road. [Y]

Of course it is the Norwich way to blame the officals when things do not go our way, but if Holty had of kept a calm head, instead of making a ridiculous challenge yards away from the ball on Ian Harte then we would''ve been looking at 3 points instead of one tonight.  Yes it was only a ticking off or a yellow card, but if our cptain is going to do ridiculous things like that at the wrong stages of games then it will ultimately cost us points.  Supposing Holty had have got away with that ridiculous challenge scott-free, what woul dit have achieved for the team?  He ran the risk of picking up a needless booking and because we had a naive ref payed double the price!

The worst thing that was missed by the ref tonight was the challenge on Korey.

There was no challenge. When Holt realised Harte was going to get there first he pulled out. Harte, meanwhile, jumped out of the way & did the usual dying duck routine.There was nothing wrong with Holt''s behaviour whatsoever.And stop being such a WUM. Grant was superb tonight, & his goal was as brilliant an opportunist''s goal as you''ll ever see.