Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

michael oliver

would love to see the little muggy prick out and about i would give him a right pasting be more one sided than the boxing tonight im so f ing angry

dont think you''ll see him out, his mums got his tea on the table.

Already counting the days down until he comes to Carrow Road......I won''t rest until he is forced to walk away from the game.

You have to question why anyone of that age would want to be a referee, a clear case of someone not being good enough to play the game so wants to make an impression in another way.

the guy is only 25 and blatantly out of his depth!! i have just e mailed the FA to vent my anger after watching that!!! Doubt I will get a reply though!!

[quote user="Kent Canary"]Does he have a wikipedia entry? I think he should if he doesn''t.
[/quote] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Oliver_(referee)

[quote user="baldyboy"]the guy is only 25 and blatantly out of his depth!! i have just e mailed the FA to vent my anger after watching that!!! Doubt I will get a reply though!![/quote]They''ll have their ''Norwich'' filter switched on.  Diverting all such e-mails to the spam folder.

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Kent Canary"]Does he have a wikipedia entry? I think he should if he doesn''t.[/quote] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Oliver_(referee)[/quote]"Michael Oliver was introduced to refereeing by his father, Clive at the age of 14"  F**k me, his father was young when he had him[;)]

I thought when he was inducted or whatever, into the premiere league, it might be a good thing.

Get some new young refs, who have been watching this terrible standard of refereeing over the past few years, but obviously not.....

He should have taught him to be a Tory Mp, at least then he could f*ck things up and get away with it !Seriously looking around at some of the match reports and the statistic 12 games 6 reds ( 7 if you include Lambert ) the Fa is a controlling body, they have to take action against this clown. It can not be true that ref''s are untouchable.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Kent Canary"]Does he have a wikipedia entry? I think he should if he doesn''t.
[/quote] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Oliver_(referee)[/quote]

"Michael Oliver was introduced to refereeing by his father, Clive at the age of 14"  F**k me, his father was young when he had him[;)]
[/quote]

Someones already got there:

Mr. Oliver took charge of West Bromwich Albion against Blackpool F.C. on 1 November 2010, where Mr. Oliver showed two red cards, sending off Pablo Ibanez for a foul in the West Bromwich Albion penalty area and Jara for a challenge near the corner flag. The red card for Ibanez was subsequently rescinded upon appeal to the Football Association. He then got demoted to the conference for a shocking decision to send Grant Holt off in the Reading v Norwich game which any half intelligent person could see was hardly even a booking.

What a t osser!

He will be so embarrassed when he watches that awful decision that undoubtedly swung the game!

If theres any justice that will be overturned although I''m not holding my breath cause Darel Russells equally unjustified sending off last season wasn''t and the FA tend to try and protect refs in these instances!

In the BBC interview after the game Lambo has suggested that Oliver should "go back to messing things up at the kindergarten....". In the heat of the moment I know, but I can''t help thinking that Oliver is maybe even less likely to admit he''s wrong now, despite anyone with a brain (or eyes that work) knowing that the decision was a bad one.I really hope I''m wrong and he is man enough to admit his mistake. Even if he does, I fear we may suffer a backlash for the bosses'' sending off and subsequent comments.    

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]In the BBC interview after the game Lambo has suggested that Oliver should "go back to messing things up at the kindergarten....". In the heat of the moment I know, but I can''t help thinking that Oliver is maybe even less likely to admit he''s wrong now, despite anyone with a brain (or eyes that work) knowing that the decision was a bad one.I really hope I''m wrong and he is man enough to admit his mistake. Even if he does, I fear we may suffer a backlash for the bosses'' sending off and subsequent comments.    [/quote]Love Lambo....legend!

how from the age of 14 can you gain enough experience to ref at prem/champ level by 25!!

He is without doubt completley out of his depth, not just on tonight''s game but also several of his others performance show.

The FA may want to bring on younger refs but they have to realise it takes a lot to be able to control professional sportsmen in front of thousands of fans and that only comes with experience and top quality training (something i think we lack in the game as well)

Agree entirely about the lack of experience- thinking about it even more (....and getting more angry) the other thing I can''t understand is why the ''powers that be'' thought a good idea to assign Oliver to another (relatively by the very fact it was televised nationally) high profile game just a few days after he made such a ''horlicks'' of the WBA-Blackpool game.    

If the FA wants a younger breed of ref.  They should search for ex pros who may have left the game early for whatever reason (as long as they can get fit obviously).  Least they''ll have a fairly good handle on the rough and tumble of an honest challenge and a cynical take down.

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]Agree entirely about the lack of experience- thinking about it even more (....and getting more angry) the other thing I can''t understand is why the ''powers that be'' thought a good idea to assign Oliver to another (relatively by the very fact it was televised nationally) high profile game just a few days after he made such a ''horlicks'' of the WBA-Blackpool game.     [/quote]Let''s not forget he got the Blackpool-WBA game on the back of making another "horlicks" in the Leeds-Cardiff game the previous Monday, by failing to punish Bothroyd for a near assault on Becchio. (He must''ve seen the challenge as that was the reason given by the FAW for not punishing Bothroyd retrospectively!)We of course suffered from that one as well with Bothroyd scoring against us the very next game!I feel sorry for Oliver in a way as a couple of years ago he looked a very promising, calm, assured referee (remember when Roeder kept praising him up?). Much like Stuart Attwell though he needs taking out of the spotlight sharpish.

Ok hands up! Who''s been editing Mr Oliver''s Wikipedia page?!?!

Personal information

Date of birth 20 February 1985 (age 25)

Place of birth Northumberland, England

2007–2010 Football League Referee

2010– Blue Square Premier League Linesman

Michael Oliver (born 20 February 1985[1]) is an English football referee who was promoted in 2010 to the Select Group of Referees who officiate in the Premier League. On 21 August 2010 he became the youngest referee to take charge of a Blue Square Premier League game to add to a collection of "youngest ever" refereeing achievements.[2]