Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

CORNERS!!

When will we ever fuck!ing learn? How many corners do we look sh!t off! What a waste.Yeah 1-1 sounds good, before the game, but what a waste... We always look awful off crosses and corners. SORT IT.

Apart from that it''s hard to find anything to moan about. [:)]

We never, ever, ever score from corners. Yet we tend to concede from them. Feel sorry for Ruddy.,.sounds like he had a very good game today! Same with Ward and Barnett. Hopefully we are saving the victory for Saturday.

whilst ruddy had a good game, it''s precisely him why we concede from corners so often. It would be foolish to blame him as an individual for EVERY goal from a corner but match after match for 90 minutes he really has got to learn how to command his box when crosses come in either from a set piece or general play, he suffers the same disease as greeno.

As for scoring from corners directly, when did we ever do that?

I wasn''t there tonight but some of the goals we''ve conceded at CR is because we haven''t had 2 men covering the posts and I''m sure Lambert/Culverhouse will sort it.

I was about to start a new post and totally am amazed by the goal.

We have conceded too many goals at the start of the season, from the game at CR where two goals from corners and then the next away we did the same.

This is a back post corner and not dealt with, or worse challenged. We need to do a great deal of work on becoming the first to the ball, the downward header drops pretty much on the goal line.

I thought this would have been worked more after three goals in two games from corners... as you say sure they will work on it but it is a major weakness right now and if the opposition is going to score they will feel very confident from a corner.

Don''t blame Ruddy at all from corners, if he makes a save and pushes it wide we have time to organize, it is clear we need to work on this as we clearly are not organized.

Great point, but with last kick of the game frustrating certainly as it comes from an area we have been prone to conceding from. We have got our fair share of late goals so fair enough also.

[quote user="smooth"]I was about to start a new post and totally am amazed by the goal. We have conceded too many goals at the start of the season, from the game at CR where two goals from corners and then the next away we did the same. This is a back post corner and not dealt with, or worse challenged. We need to do a great deal of work on becoming the first to the ball, the downward header drops pretty much on the goal line. I thought this would have been worked more after three goals in two games from corners... as you say sure they will work on it but it is a major weakness right now and if the opposition is going to score they will feel very confident from a corner. Don''t blame Ruddy at all from corners, if he makes a save and pushes it wide we have time to organize, it is clear we need to work on this as we clearly are not organized. Great point, but with last kick of the game frustrating certainly as it comes from an area we have been prone to conceding from. We have got our fair share of late goals so fair enough also.[/quote]

If you watch it again you''ll see that it''s a near post flick on which ends up at the back post. Once you lose the near post header you''re struggling.

I''m just amazed that no one has blamed Ruddy given the unwarranted stick he''s had!

I am sorry and I know Ruddy did some ok saves first half but if you want the reason why we look awful at corners and crosses look no further than the last minute corner at Millwall. Decent enough corner in swinging on edge of six yard box BUT few attacking players in there and plenty of ours and then out comes Ruddy and stands there with arms in the air and misses ball by country mile.Sorry such a cross should be meat and drink to a good goalkeeper who should either collect or punch BUT can not afford to miss it when he does come.Until Ruddy can deal with his nerves regards what to do when a cross comes in we will always leak goals, if I were opposing manager I would just tell players to keep crossing them in

[quote user="CJ"]I am sorry and I know Ruddy did some ok saves first half but if you want the reason why we look awful at corners and crosses look no further than the last minute corner at Millwall.
Decent enough corner in swinging on edge of six yard box BUT few attacking players in there and plenty of ours and then out comes Ruddy and stands there with arms in the air and misses ball by country mile.
Sorry such a cross should be meat and drink to a good goalkeeper who should either collect or punch BUT can not afford to miss it when he does come.
Until Ruddy can deal with his nerves regards what to do when a cross comes in we will always leak goals, if I were opposing manager I would just tell players to keep crossing them in
[/quote]

I knew it was only a matter of time! Once again, its delivered with pace and flicked on. NO goalkeeper would dealt with it as "meat and drink". Watch it again. You''ll also see Ruddy make three super saves to keep us in the game.

I really think the Ruddy fans need to get real. There was no flick on , he tried to and the striker missed it . More important is the fact that Ruddy was two yards away from the striker having come off his line and was completely beaten to the ball. If the striker had made any kind of real contact he was nowhere!I will agree that the City defenders were awful with no challenge again on the attacker but having made decision to come Ruddy had to go for it as I think he may well have put off his team mates.Sorry any cross where a keeper comes for it and doesn''t make it is a plain simple mistake especially in six yard box and even Ruddy knows that! If that had been at the other end we would all be saying where''s their keeper.

Agreed Ruddy is main problem. He just does not come of his line and make any attempt to command the penalty area. Against Burnley last week a fairly loose ball with no pace went about 2 yards from goal and he made no attempt to take it.We will continue to look very edgy against corners.

To be fair he made a couple of good saves against Millwall. One in particular was low to his right and he made a superb stop.