Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Russell Martin captain?

Considering everything that went on in this farce this is perhaps the dumbest post of the night.Martin has been fantastic for us this season

Its not based on performance though is it....

I know how good Russell Martin is, but does that make him a captain.....

I just think his personality doesn''t suit the captaincy (obviously this was for one half of a game, but last week, people where talking about making Crofts full time captain, mainly so we could drop Holt :P)

WHY WAS IT A DUMB POST?

Where did i say he wasn''t fantastic?

I was just asking, why is he effectively vice-captain, when i would have thought either Crofts or Ward would be... (or Drury)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]WHY WAS IT A DUMB POST?

Where did i say he wasn''t fantastic?

I was just asking, why is he effectively vice-captain, when i would have thought either Crofts or Ward would be... (or Drury)[/quote]Why don''t you think he should be vice-captain?

Because he isn''t a commanding player? He isn''t in charge of organising the defence...He just doesn''t seem like half the commanding presence that Holt (Roberts, Malky etc... ) have/had.....

hes evidently influencial.Unless you know the guy how can you judge his personality ?He might well have been the guy in the dressing room saying " Come on Lads, lets do this "Just because hes not vocal or "comanding" on the pitch does not mean hes not influential.

In Lambert we trust

What on earth has the dressing room got to do with it?

Thats Lamberts job.....

THE CAPTAIN IS THE ONE ON THE PITCH commanding the rest of the team, yes Lambert is on the side line, but not on the pitch...

And also, i''m sure in the interview with the match day programme (and possibly in canary preview), he came across as more of an individual, almost slightly away from the team..

I also don''t like the way, you making out i hate Russell Martin...LOOK AT MY SIG, that is my opinion of him, but he just doesn''t seem like a captain, would you be happy if Macnamme was captain?

In Lambert we trust

Martin is evidently commanding or he would not be placed as captain.oh wait.... Lambo might of read the same interview and made Gill captain because hes obviously a bit of a larf

...gimmie strength........

???

Where have i said make Gill captain...

Crofts was made captain in his first season for Brighton last season FOR A REASON. Look at Grant Holt, and then look at Russell Martin, how often do you see Russell Martin shouting at his team mates, giving them instructions (or just moaning at them in some cases), Holt would be doing that wether or not he is captain....

Just because Lambert is manager doesn''t mean he knows everything, i''m not saying i know more than Lambert (because obviously i don''t) I''m just giving my opinion, as a Norwich fan, that Russell Martin doesn''t look like a captain, and for some reason, you don''t seem to understand that

Ward, Crofts and Drury are not commanding, besides Drury was not there. Barnett is on loan, Lappin? Maybe, Hoola, Macca, Martin (C) No, Fox no. So I would actually say that R Martin is a good choice. I see him pointing etc, but can''t hear what he is saying, he has also become a very good and important player for us.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]why was he captain in the second half, and not Crofts or even Ward....[/quote]why should either of them be captain?

Why not Russel martin though - he is a very good communicator if his interviews are anything to go by. Lambert and I guess the rest of the players respect him. It is not all about shouting is it?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Because he isn''t a commanding player? He isn''t in charge of organising the defence...He just doesn''t seem like half the commanding presence that Holt (Roberts, Malky etc... ) have/had.....[/quote]You are allowed an opinion, it''s just that I rate Paul Lambert''s judgement over yours.

So do i...

Maybe i have missed Russell Martin evolve into a more of a player that you all say he is (I didn''t notice it at the Boro game, which is the only other one i''ve seen since 11th september.....

Have you been to games this season Ginger pele!

Many fans who don''t rate R Martin have been itching for his 1st mistake in order to tell anyone nearby how poor he is!

My take on R Martin is that he has to play 100% at the top of his game at this level to be effective but if he drops below that he''ll sruggle cuase of lack of pace!

Great goal from him tonight!

What going to games got to do with people''s opinions on R.Martin? There isn''t a chorus of boos, and 10 mins of moaning if he does anything wrong...I don''t stand around after the game asking everyone what they thought of him, i was basing it on comments on here....

And what thread after the Millwall game? The only thread i remember with abuse towards Martin, was one from someone''s friend on Fifa or something...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]why was he captain in the second half, and not Crofts or even Ward....[/quote]

Because he is useless, cant pass or defend, where the others can!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Who''s useless? Martin?[/quote]

Ha Ha, thought you werent going to reply to any of my posts, im sure lambert has a better judgement than you, who is captain and who isnt, now go and pick fun in my spelling mistakes, and say you want to hit me.........bet it was you who threw he fire extinguisher in london, tax dodger!!

Let go through this one bit at a time:

I thought you might be being slightly more sensible, obviously not...

I know Lambert has better judgement than me, didn''t i say that?

When have i ever picked fun in your spelling mistakes? I''m crap at spelling.

Yes i do want to hit you, your a complete tw*t...

No, i didn''t go to London, if the prices for Uni are up, i will pay them...

Tax dodger??? What job would i be in if i wasn''t at Uni? (I won''t use an example of a real life friend, as you seem to think thats funny), and just to let you know, when i go on to get a job earning more than you, i will be paying MORE taxes than you....

And anyway, who the hell would employ you? you can''t seriously have a job....I

I earn more than you.... Loads a money!!! ha ha

If lamberts judgement is better than yours, why question R.martin being captain, or is that snob coming out of you, thinking your better than everyone else, like i said in a previous post,let me know were you want to meet up to hit me!! Pointless post

I''m a snob?

How do work that out?

Pointless posts? Look at every single one of yours....

I don''t think i''m better than anyway, you really are a complete tw*t

Tell me who you work for? I would quite like to talk to them, your probably a post little tw*t in real life, trying to act like, well i don''t know what on here, your still a tw*t...

You would earn more than me, since i don''t have a job, well done, how long did it take you to work that one out?