Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Sky curse is a myth!

It only seems that way because of the successive run of crap managers we had.....Grant, Rodent and Odd Job.

Evidence? my large collection of City games all recorded on video from Sky live games, all stirring victories I must add, so relax, there''s nothing to fret about tomorrow''s Reading game.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

It only seems that way because of the successive run of crap managers we had.....Grant, Rodent and Odd Job.

Evidence? my large collection of City games all recorded on video from Sky live games, all stirring victories I must add, so relax, there''s nothing to fret about tomorrow''s Reading game.

[/quote]Wow, I had to sit back a moment and give my self time to re-read your post. It made a pleasant change as usually they are either full of doom and gloom or complete and utter boll*cks :D

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

I can only remember Reading - but I am prepared to be proved wrong.

[/quote]

West Brom, Bolton, Everton, quiet a few derbies and Wigan just for starters!

I don''t want to put a downer on the whole thing but we have lost our last 6 on Sky..

Apr 09 Reading (h) 0-2

Aug 09 Sunderland (h) 1-4

Sept 09 MK Dons (a) 1-2

Oct 09 Leeds (a) 1-2

Apr 10 Tranmere (a) 1-3

Aug 10 Watford (h) 2-3

That said, these runs have to end some time and for that reason I fancy us tomorrow!!!

Correct me if I''m wrong Wiz but I believe our Monday night match way back in August 1992 againt Forest was one of the first Monday night games that SKY televised.....and we won that one!

A match that sticks in my mind is Millwall away in the early nineties when Robert Fleck scored a hat-trick. If my memory serves me correctly, we won 3-2.  

iam sure our relagation season we won both our sky games.

2-0 against the lot down the road fatty patty and croft wonder 30 yarder.

and

2-1 against nottingham forrest i think when the doc got sent off then fatty patty scored and they scored a own goal.

or did i imagine those results???

We haven''t lost very often since Lambert took over, obviously, seeing as how we won the league and have started well this season, yet we still managed to lose five out of five on Sky under him.What is our record on Sky now since we were relegated from the Premier League? Something ridiculous like two wins in 20-odd isn''t it? Or have I dreamed that?

[quote user="Depraved"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Wow, I had to sit back a moment and give my self time to re-read your post. It made a pleasant change as usually they are either full of doom and gloom or complete and utter boll*cks :D
[/quote]

Well, having read Hissing Sid''s post, it appears that this falls into the latter category. Perhaps First Wizard you don''t bother saving the defeats to video?

I''ve just been through my videos..... No football but some lovely ones of my caravan holiday at Corton.....Marvellous.

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Depraved"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Wow, I had to sit back a moment and give my self time to re-read your post. It made a pleasant change as usually they are either full of doom and gloom or complete and utter boll*cks :D
[/quote]

Well, having read Hissing Sid''s post, it appears that this falls into the latter category. Perhaps First Wizard you don''t bother saving the defeats to video?

[/quote]

No I don''t, and why on earth would I?

Lord Horn, yes, I believe you may well be right, but thats a game I haven''tgot.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

I don''t want to put a downer on the whole thing but we have lost our last 6 on Sky..

Apr 09 Reading (h) 0-2

Aug 09 Sunderland (h) 1-4

Sept 09 MK Dons (a) 1-2

Oct 09 Leeds (a) 1-2

Apr 10 Tranmere (a) 1-3

Aug 10 Watford (h) 2-3

That said, these runs have to end some time and for that reason I fancy us tomorrow!!!

[/quote]

If you''re that worried Sid I can still do a quick Hex you know.[;)]

If you''re that worried Sid I can still do a quick Hex you know.[;)]

[/quote]If I remember correctly, the last time you hexed regularly, we were relegated. [:S]

Cluckbert Chase said:

"I''ve just been through my videos..... No football but some lovely ones of my caravan holiday at Corton....."

I knew there was a reason to dislike you!

Bloody caravaner''s!

Davo

[quote user="paul moy"]A match that sticks in my mind is Millwall away in the early nineties when Robert Fleck scored a hat-trick. If my memory serves me correctly, we won 3-2.  [/quote]No mate, that was 88/89 Flecky scored the winner but the other goals were scored by Butterworth and Bowen.City were 2 up inside 7 minutes but Millwall pulled level by half time with goals from Cascarino and Carter. Flecky wrapped it up fpr us with a stunning volley  from Mike Phelens cross. It was indeed a hell of a game

[quote user="Davo"]Cluckbert Chase said:

"I''ve just been through my videos..... No football but some lovely ones of my caravan holiday at Corton....."

I knew there was a reason to dislike you!

Bloody caravaner''s!

Davo[/quote]It was a static caravan Davo.... £9.50 through The Sun..........Can''t resist a bargain and met lots of  EDL and BNP people there.... which was nice.

[/quote]

Really?

We haven''t won on Sky under Lambert...

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Davo"]Cluckbert Chase said: "I''ve just been through my videos..... No football but some lovely ones of my caravan holiday at Corton....." I knew there was a reason to dislike you! Bloody caravaner''s! Davo[/quote]

It was a static caravan Davo.... £9.50 through The Sun..........

Can''t resist a bargain and met lots of  EDL and BNP people there.... which was nice.
[/quote]

Top reply Cluck, best giggle of the day. [*]

I remember that game too. Pretty sure it was the big match (ITV Brian Moore) and not Sky. Seem to remember we were both in and around the top six too, it was a cracker though.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Davo"]Cluckbert Chase said: "I''ve just been through my videos..... No football but some lovely ones of my caravan holiday at Corton....." I knew there was a reason to dislike you! Bloody caravaner''s! Davo[/quote]It was a static caravan Davo.... £9.50 through The Sun..........Can''t resist a bargain and met lots of  EDL and BNP people there.... which was nice.[/quote]

Top reply Cluck, best giggle of the day. [*]

[/quote][:)]