Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Drop Grant Holt......

I''ve seen this comment on here loads in recent weeks, but I think the people making this comment will have cleary seen what were like without Holty. He was absolutely immense first half, bullying their back four and forcing mistakes out of them. 2nd half we offered nothing without him, I appreciate we had ten men but even so we were completely dominated and I feel if Holt had still been on and we''d had 10 men we''d have faired much better.

The guy is still our most influential player and I fear the next couple of games if his red card is not overturned.

That was the Holt of last season we saw first half yesterday, but he has not been at that level for much of the season so far to be fair (maybe due to pre-season injury). If he plays that way for the rest of the season we will be a match for anyone though.

Good posts guys.Most have been negative about Holt,including myself,but the first half showed what he is capable of.Second half,we missed the man,but most importantly his leadership.And didn''t he take his goal well[Y]

We will see won''t we???His red card is not going to be rescinded unless Oliver says he made an error and I think those who are holding out for such things should focus on getting behind two strikers we have on the books who are both quality and haven''t been given a proper chance to play alongside eachother.My money is on plenty of goals against Leeds and Ipswich if Martin and Jackson do get a run out together.