Sign in to follow this  
ca

Public Meeting Monday 8th re fans role on the board ??

Just had a message from someone telling me there was a public meeting at the Canary Social Club on Monday night to discuss a fan''s role on the board.

I haven''t read anything about it, there''s nothing on the main website, can''t see anything on here so does anyone know what its all about please

CA

It''s not an NCFC-specific thing, it''s a Football Supporters'' Federation public meeting about the role of supporters on the board of football clubs in general. Ian Gibson is one of the speakers.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][:O] I can''t believe nobody told you about this, I thought everyone connected with NCISA had known about this for months?

[/quote]

Onceagain I find out about something to do with NCISA on the pinkun message board, but then I hold judgement and hope if is nothing to do with NCISA. I also hope this is not something that will cause conflict with our board as at present our club is stable and does not need coflict.     

It is on the website of the Norwich City Trust.It is described as a must for fans who are concerned about the future of football.Two other speakers apart from Ian Gibson who i have never heard of.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][:O] I can''t believe nobody told you about this, I thought everyone connected with NCISA had known about this for months?

[/quote]

Onceagain I find out about something to do with NCISA on the pinkun message board, but then I hold judgement and hope if is nothing to do with NCISA. I also hope this is not something that will cause conflict with our board as at present our club is stable and does not need coflict.     

[/quote]

It is nothing to do with NCISA.

As you see nothing to do with NCISA but in the spirit of closer co-operation I reproduce the information for everyone.

Norwich City Supporters Trust
In The Hands of Fans

What are Trusts About? If as a member of Norwich City Supporters Trust you are wondering what supporter trusts are all about, here is your opportunity to find out more.

On Monday November 8th 2010 19:30, the Canary Social Club (104 Thorpe Rd, Norwich, NR1 1RT) are hosting an evening entitled

"Football Finance and

the role of elected

supporters on the

board"

Representatives from Supporters Direct, the body overseeing all supporter trusts are sending their Cheif Exec, Dave Boyle and the Football Supporters Federation Director, Tony Powell to join ex Canary professional and politician Ian Gibson, for what promises to be an entertaining evening.

How is your club affected by current trends of clubs overspending?

Will your club exist in the future and what can you do about it?

Come along and find out what trusts have achieved up and down the country and across numerous sports at many levels.

>More info at www.ncst.org.uk

NCST The Norwich City Supporters Trust currently has well in excess of 600 members and holds a stake in Norwich City Football Club of £30670.00

For more infor and latest

An unelected Quango-style organisation who think they know better than the people doing the job.  Well, good luck to them.  The Trade Unions are bad enough, but at least they pay subs.

[/quote]

I dont belong to NCISA, my membership expired in August, so why would they tell me ?

Do you have to have a go at everything I post?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][:O] I can''t believe nobody told you about this, I thought everyone connected with NCISA had known about this for months?[/quote]

I dont belong to NCISA, my membership expired in August, so why would they tell me ?

[/quote]How is this "having a go"?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How is this "having a go"?

[/quote]

I assumed your ''''I can''t believe no-one has told you'''' comment was sarcasm, so apologies if I took it the wrong way.

Thanks Butler for the details of the event [:)]

Chalk and cheese?

Old and new?

Plod made snide remarks and did not provide most of the information that he had on the public meeting.

The Butler provided the pretty detailed information that he had to respond to Angel -  for the benefit of us other forum members.

Well done The Butler - and boo to Plod.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Chalk and cheese?

Old and new?

Plod made snide remarks and did not provide most of the information that he had on the public meeting.

The Butler provided the pretty detailed information that he had to respond to Angel -  for the benefit of us other forum members.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Just a slight correction for you Bly.

Tilly (or plod to you) is unlikely to have had that information,  in that format, as it was only forwarded to me by Mike Reynolds on Friday night.

So as much as I like your support he cannot be blamed for this one.[:D]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Chalk and cheese?

Old and new?

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

I informed you that the information was on The NCFC Trust website but as you only use youtube to start ridiculous threads on here i suppose it was beyond your abilities to read the information for yourself direct from their website.As for the snide remarks i take it you mean the reference to the two guys who i said i had never heard of.Well please tell me what you know or knew about them so boo to you as well.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2324811/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

I didn''t see that yesterday but it was a bit short notice anyway wasn''t it?

[/quote]

Probably.

Are you seriously considering going?

[/quote]

I am thinking of attending but it is a bit difficult to tell whether the meeting will be in supporter mode or a " those that know best " mode [:P][;)]as to me personally such bodies think they have a lot to bring to the Boardroom and will have the power to influence things which just is not going to happen at NCFC whilst you know who own 357,000 + shares.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][:O] I can''t believe nobody told you about this, I thought everyone connected with NCISA had known about this for months?[/quote]

[/quote]How is this "having a go"?[/quote]

I assumed your ''''I can''t believe no-one has told you'''' comment was sarcasm, so apologies if I took it the wrong way.

Thanks Butler for the details of the event [:)]

[/quote]He''d already posted it within the Friday thread under, ''My dog has no ears''''How does he hear?''''He can''t, Butler ate him''.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2324811/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

I didn''t see that yesterday but it was a bit short notice anyway wasn''t it?

[/quote]

Probably.

Are you seriously considering going?

[/quote]

I am thinking of attending but it is a bit difficult to tell whether the meeting will be in supporter mode or a " those that know best " mode [:P][;)]as to me personally such bodies think they have a lot to bring to the Boardroom and will have the power to influence things which just is not going to happen at NCFC whilst you know who own 357,000 + shares.

[/quote]

It''s my opinion that if the track record of fans pressure groups is anything to go by then the further fans are away from the boardroom the better I''ll like it. These groups attract a certain type you know[:P]

More like getting the fans ''on board'' with more spin and flannel.....No doubt the lure being the chance to meet Stephen over tea and buns in Delia''s pantry.

Due to adopting a cannot be bothered attitude at the last minute mainly because of the weather i did not attend but does anybody know what happened?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Due to adopting a cannot be bothered attitude at the last minute mainly because of the weather i did not attend but does anybody know what happened?[/quote]

I take that is a no then?

I now understand that apart from the Trust and guest speakers there were 8 people in attendance.These guys seriously want fan representation on the Board of NCFC but i am afraid i will have to agree with Nutty on this one that well meaning amateurs should be kept well away.8 fans out of 20,000 + season ticket holders makes the idea laughable.

Mike Dennis is the Trust President i notice on their website.Now that is an interesting selection.

Tilly,

There was a longish report about the meeting in either the EDP or EEN, can''t remember which one

CA

[quote user="cityangel"]

Tilly,

There was a longish report about the meeting in either the EDP or EEN, can''t remember which one

CA

[/quote]

What did it say? You know i am a technophobe so i would not have a clue how to look for it.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I now understand that apart from the Trust and guest speakers there were 8 people in attendance.These guys seriously want fan representation on the Board of NCFC but i am afraid i will have to agree with Nutty on this one that well meaning amateurs should be kept well away.8 fans out of 20,000 + season ticket holders makes the idea laughable.

Mike Dennis is the Trust President i notice on their website.Now that is an interesting selection.

[/quote]

I bet you don''t really agree with me[:^)]

This is a trap.. It''s got to be[:O]

8 fans was pretty pathetic but they didn''t pick their moment did they? There would have been huge support for this discussion back in May 2009!

The well-meaning amateurs is a phrase I actually picked up from someone else. Ironically they used it to describe Smith & Jones who have over 12 years experience of owning a football club. It always makes me smile [;)]