Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Reading Match report on www.dh6.co.uk

The thing about that is he didnt even see the tackle on smith, (that almost took his leg off)But he did see PL go out of his area and sent him off !!!!!Seems he was not watching the match but our bench

I wonder about Harte''s histrionics. I don''t remember him as a simulating pansy. A bash in the shin can be pretty excruciating, & I wonder if it was just one of those contacts which was painful but not serious. I particularly recall a ball going between my legs at some pace, & just playfully flicking the base of my nads as it went through ...  Instant foetal position & a feeling like said organs were attempting re-entry to a position of safety.Sometimes the most innocuous injuries are the most painful. Sometimes vice-versa. I''ll never forget Stuart Pearce trying to "run off" a broken leg.

They should give Harte the three game ban and fine for being a massive girl unworthy of playing football....he should also be forced to walk through Norwich in a dress (not a nice dress).Good report Hucks.

If they gave Harte a ban for doing that, they would have to give a ban to every other footballer that does it....there would be quite a lot of bans...

Thanks Hucks ,spot on report  !!Think you hit the nail on the head with your comments in regards to the "red" and your verdict on Oliver !

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If they gave Harte a ban for doing that, they would have to give a ban to every other footballer that does it....there would be quite a lot of bans...[/quote]Thats what should happen, If they started banning players for "simulation" they wouldn''t do it and the game would be alot better for it.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="Gingerpele"]If they gave Harte a ban for doing that, they would have to give a ban to every other footballer that does it....there would be quite a lot of bans...[/quote]Thats what should happen, If they started banning players for "simulation" they wouldn''t do it and the game would be alot better for it.[/quote]In the ideal world this would happen !Players like Drogba would be looking for a transfer to Spain, he probably would be on a perma ban.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]As an ex pro Hucks, what is your view on former professionals becoming referees? Do you think they would actually want to take on the job? Would you yourself do it?[/quote]

I think I could answer that one with a No, as it would take away any chance of coaching in the near future, My son is a Norfolk F A ref and he travells all over the place, he also gets pulled in for 5 a side competitions, In other words more time reffing no time for anthing else. But getting back to the point I hope the FA see sence on this matter of the red card and also hope that with the evidence shown on the Smith tackle they  use it in the same way that they punnished Barton, the tackle on Smith could have put him out for months.     

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]As an ex pro Hucks, what is your view on former professionals becoming referees? Do you think they would actually want to take on the job? Would you yourself do it?[/quote]

I think I could answer that one with a No, as it would take away any chance of coaching in the near future, My son is a Norfolk F A ref and he travells all over the place, he also gets pulled in for 5 a side competitions, In other words more time reffing no time for anthing else. But getting back to the point I hope the FA see sence on this matter of the red card and also hope that with the evidence shown on the Smith tackle they  use it in the same way that they punnished Barton, the tackle on Smith could have put him out for months.     

[/quote]

Sorry but you haven''t answered my question at all, your son is not an ex pro. Not all former players want to get into coaching and I also asked for his views as he has an insight into this that none of us have the benefit of!

[quote user="morty"]I reckon most ex players wouldn''t touch reffing with a bargepole!
[/quote]

I agree, but with a lot of pundits and fans calling for people who have an intimate understanding of the game to become refs, it would be interesting to know if it would actualy appeal in any way.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Sorry but you haven''t answered my question at all, your son is not an ex pro. Not all former players want to get into coaching and I also asked for his views as he has an insight into this that none of us have the benefit of!

[/quote]

True He is not an ex pro player but he has played a lot of football and once played for Gorleston, but how many players have you heared talking about what they will be doing at the end of thier playing career,?Most of them talk of coaching badges, Not reffing, but perhaps Hucks will put your mind at rest 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

True He is not an ex pro player but he has played a lot of football and once played for Gorleston, but how many players have you heared talking about what they will be doing at the end of thier playing career,?Most of them talk of coaching badges, Not reffing, but perhaps Hucks will put your mind at rest 

[/quote]

Gorleston? hmm anyways the question was directed at the only person on here with credentials to really answer it! Agreed a large number of players go into coaching and to be fair thats a much safer route but there are alot of ex player/pundit types that say there is a need for referees to have experience of the pro game and the antics that go on which do not happen in the average Sunday league game ( and the pressure that comes with it).

The point really is does Darren feel that a former pro player would have better judgement of the game than someone like Oliver and would they be able to deal with situations more proficiently? Does he think any former players would take on such a role?

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="morty"]I reckon most ex players wouldn''t touch reffing with a bargepole![/quote]

I agree, but with a lot of pundits and fans calling for people who have an intimate understanding of the game to become refs, it would be interesting to know if it would actualy appeal in any way.

[/quote]I''m sure L1 & L2 average players still have to find a living after football.   Granted I wouldn''t hold my breath on a regular Prem player.   But like a small number become managers there must be a small number who''d give reffing a try.

depends how long it would take to get qualified, if your talking 5-6 years can''t see players taking the time to do it, also same problem with lower league players do you think they could afford to wait even 3-4 years without earning a wage from it.

[quote user="hucks dh6 co uk"]depends how long it would take to get qualified, if your talking 5-6 years can''t see players taking the time to do it, also same problem with lower league players do you think they could afford to wait even 3-4 years without earning a wage from it.[/quote]

Which is something I hadn''t considered. That said, a 1 week training course for a former player surely couldn''t produce worse results than those demonstrated Saturday evening!

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

Which is something I hadn''t considered. That said, a 1 week training course for a former player surely couldn''t produce worse results than those demonstrated Saturday evening!

[/quote]

Surely they could organise a course similar to the coaching badges that can be done in the off season, so players could go straight from playing to reffing in the conference and then go pro after a year of that.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gorleston? hmm anyways the question was directed at the only person on here with credentials to really answer it! Agreed a large number of players go into coaching and to be fair thats a much safer route but there are alot of ex player/pundit types that say there is a need for referees to have experience of the pro game and the antics that go on which do not happen in the average Sunday league game ( and the pressure that comes with it).

The point really is does Darren feel that a former pro player would have better judgement of the game than someone like Oliver and would they be able to deal with situations more proficiently? Does he think any former players would take on such a role?

[/quote]

Sorry I wasn''t trying to make anything out of my son''s past  connection with Gorleston in line with an ex pro Not even with my playing days with Tamworth Utd, all I was trying to say is , my lad has been around the non league for more years than Oliver has been reffing 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry I wasn''t trying to make anything out of my son''s past  connection with Gorleston in line with an ex pro Not even with my playing days with Tamworth Utd, all I was trying to say is , my lad has been around the non league for more years than Oliver has been reffing 

[/quote]

Apologies for missing the point, I just felt Hucks could offer a different angle. I guess my reply was a little condescending so please accept my apologies.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apologies for missing the point, I just felt Hucks could offer a different angle. I guess my reply was a little condescending so please accept my apologies.

[/quote]

Accepted, I think I should have made my point more clearer