Sign in to follow this  
Chabal

Will Holt miss the derby?

Yeah if we don''t appeal he will miss the next 3 games, if we appeal but lose, he will misss the next 4

Firstly, we are appealing.[quote user="canary_girl"]if we appeal but lose, he will misss the next 4[/quote]Secondly, this is not true. He will only miss four game if the panel deem the appeal to be "frivolous", which surely won''t happen. Even the FA can''t be that stupid.As it stands he misses Leeds (h), Ipswich (h), Derby (a). Just about as big a 3 games in succession as we will play this season IMO. Didn''t he miss Leeds (h) through a ban last season as well?

I can''t see any way that his red card WON''T be rescinded, having watched the incident at least half a dozen times I now find it evem more unbelievable than I thought it was last night. There was barely any contact whatsoever and I don''t even think it was worthy of a yellow card, at no point were Holts studs raised and it was nothing more than a coming together of their shins. Absolutely diabolical decision that I need to stop thinking about to allow my blood pressure to return to normal.

The only reason the FA would not rescind the red card is to save Michael Olivers balls. They recently rescinded a red card he issued a couple of weeks ago...I''m guessing it''s one of the reasons why he was reefing a division lower than usual, I simply cannot see the FA doing this again to a ref whom they have put a lot of faith in.

[quote user="paul moy"]If he misses the games it will make some here happy won''t it. [:D][/quote]

Yeah that idiot in the Snakepit that slags him off at every opportunity. So Smudger, even with your limited brain power, surely even you can see what happened without Holty on the pitch to hold things up? No? Thought not, because you can''t see past your blinkered view.

He''ll miss the Derby if we lose the appeal!

Who gives a stuff about what s****** thinks anyway, can''t bear to say his name. He doesn''t know any more than anyone else!

The Holt knockers, of which theirs been more than a few this season will see what he brings to the team if he is to miss the next 3 games cause without his physical presence and abiltiy to make the ball stick we''ll probably be worse off without him!

He wont be missing the local derby or any other game, the decision was so bad it was almost funny, never a Red in a Million years.

[quote user="bluemike"]He wont be missing the local derby or any other game, the decision was so bad it was almost funny, never a Red in a Million years. [/quote]Good of you to say so.[Y]

[quote user="bluemike"]He wont be missing the local derby or any other game, the decision was so bad it was almost funny, never a Red in a Million years.
[/quote]

Must have been a bad decision if Ipswich fans are coming out in sympathy [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="bluemike"]He wont be missing the local derby or any other game, the decision was so bad it was almost funny, never a Red in a Million years.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Even Reading fans have said it was not a red card

Trouble is kdncfc, they will look for absolutely anything that vindicates the decision, even if it''s b****cks. In this case, there''s every likelihood that Oliver will maintain there was malicious intent. I think our chances of getting it over-turned are 50 - 50 at best. What will happen to your blood pressure if it''s not over-turned?

[quote user="a1canary"]Trouble is kdncfc, they will look for absolutely anything that vindicates the decision, even if it''s b****cks. In this case, there''s every likelihood that Oliver will maintain there was malicious intent. I think our chances of getting it over-turned are 50 - 50 at best. What will happen to your blood pressure if it''s not over-turned?[/quote]I also think that this is not a forgone conclusion. The FA will be looking for any reason not to overturn the ref''s decision regardless of how silly it looks.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="a1canary"]Trouble is kdncfc, they will look for absolutely anything that vindicates the decision, even if it''s b****cks. In this case, there''s every likelihood that Oliver will maintain there was malicious intent. I think our chances of getting it over-turned are 50 - 50 at best. What will happen to your blood pressure if it''s not over-turned?
[/quote]

I also think that this is not a forgone conclusion. The FA will be looking for any reason not to overturn the ref''s decision regardless of how silly it looks.

[/quote]

I agree with you two.

Does anybody know who it is at the FA that makes the decision?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="bluemike"]He wont be missing the local derby or any other game, the decision was so bad it was almost funny, never a Red in a Million years. [/quote]

[/quote]Just being honest CA, these prats are ruining the bloody game.