Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

Appeal lodged.

Skysports news have said we''re appealing the red.Lets hope the clowns at the FA don''t mess up another one.No doubt Lambert will get a fine or something shit like that!

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Skysports news have said we''re appealing the red.

Lets hope the clowns at the FA don''t mess up another one.

No doubt Lambert will get a fine or something shit like that!
[/quote]

There was enought Camera evidence in Holts favour,lets hope they see sence, If the FA can use the camera''s evidence to punnish Barton, then they should use the camera evidence against the inept Ref''s handling of the match last night .   

[/quote]

There was enought Camera evidence in Holts favour,lets hope they see sence, If the FA can use the camera''s evidence to punnish Barton, then they should use the camera evidence against the inept Ref''s handling of the match last night .   

I just dont see us being succesful here. As has been previously mentioned the FA have already overturned one of his red cards as recently as last week in the Blackpool vs WBA, presumably a reason why he was ''demoted'' to championship yesterday?. The FA would be painting themselvers into a corner by doing it again so soon with the same ref.

Thats a ridiculous excuse, just because they have done it once, doesn''t mean they can''t do it again...And if they don''t overturn it, they aren''t doing their jobs correctly, and all need to be sacked...

[/quote]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Thats a ridiculous excuse, just because they have done it once, doesn''t mean they can''t do it again...And if they don''t overturn it, they aren''t doing their jobs correctly, and all need to be sacked...[/quote]Spot on, why should we suffer just because he made the same mistake in his last game.

The first half performance was stupidly good. Ruined by that one bellend. I''m lost, totally lost as to how it was a red.. Watched it time after time and can''t justify it. Lappin given away the penalty looked stone wall, but on a 2nd glance... [8-)] He shouldn''t of jumped in though.

[/quote]

Nothing on our website yet to confirm that although i''m sure we will.

Whilst I take some people''s point that the FA are likely to back their referee, if they continue to back a referee that gets major decisions wrong, they are going to lose what little credibility they still have left, very quickly.It is for this reason that I believe that our appeal will be upheld, and the idiot ref will drop a division till he gains some experience.Well, thats what would happen on planet common sense anyway.*sigh*

[quote user="cityangel"]

Nothing on our website yet to confirm that although i''m sure we will.

[/quote][url=http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2218969,00.html]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2218969,00.html[/url]First sentence.

If justice is used then the red card will be overturned but given how the FA like to protect the refs however obvious the mistake maybe I wouldn''t be surprised at all if the red is upheld!

Russells sending off last season was very wrong but it still wasn''t overturned!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

If justice is used then the red card will be overturned but given how the FA like to protect the refs however obvious the mistake maybe I wouldn''t be surprised at all if the red is upheld!

Russells sending off last season was very wrong but it still wasn''t overturned!

[/quote]Thing is it was on live tv so has been given alot of exposure. Really can''t see any way it won''t be overturned.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]A difference between that one and this one is there was only one (poor) camera angle available of the Russell incident. There was a full OB at Reading last night so loads of footage and angles available. The one from behind the ref shows it best - you can clearly see Holt pulling out and actually point his studs away from Harte. Hopefully that combined with the universal panning the decision has received from every pundit I''ve heard means the FA will see sense...That said you very rarely see red cards overturned unless they''re given for a professional foul (denying a clear goalscoring opportunity), which are much easier to catergorically prove right or wrong from the footage. With an ordinary foul it''s more about subjective opinion, which is probably why they tend to side with the refs.

Any player who lunges at an opponent when

challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or

from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent, is guilty of serious foul play.

Not Guilty M''Lud.

The pundits on sky said it shouldn''t have been, the pundits on BBC agreed, even the Reading manager said it shouldn''t have been a red.  So far, the only person who thinks it should have been is the ref.

They can''t use the technicality of any laws like they could for Nani''s goal  The will either have to recind or come out and say that everyone else in football is wrong.

Ref''s are human and from time to time they will make mistakes. Unfortunately this Ref has probably cost us 2 points and that could be the difference between making the top six and not.I am all for the FA supporting Ref''s but they would certainly gain more respect if they admitted that in the Holt case an error has occurred and the red card should be rescinded.

I suspect like all things FA... this will be a political decision.... or in other words whichever outcome makes the FA look good.

I think Reading would have improved second half anyway and we didn''t look tight defending all game, that said, with Holt on the field we would have likely scored again ourselves.

I think there is an issue with Grant Holt''s tackling in that he often jumps at the opponent but grounds himself before making the tackle. He did this last season when sent off at home and does it habitually to close ground on an opponent in a tackle. He doesn''t go in high, he grounds before putting his foot in and so is not flying in with his full weight behind his leading leg.

Unfortunately, when referees see hard tackles from Holt, especially when followed by fouled player histrionics, they will have seen a leap into the tackle and be influenced by it. Last nights example saw Holt jump in, ground his left foot and go for the ball with his right. Harte got a toe poke in first so the ball was gone and Holt''s momentum carried him into Harte however much he tried to turn and pull his foot back.

I suspect Harte''s extended position made the collision painful although it was one of those bangs that hurt like hell initially but soon wear off.

If it were Crofts in the same circumstances he would have slid in and if missing the ball not attracted a red even if he caught Harte.

Grant Holt works like a Trojan, he closes down all the time and as a forward commits plenty of fouls. He is a fantastic talisman and inspiration to his team who follow his lead and desire. Unfortunately, this tendency to jump just before the tackle will cause him a problem once or twice a season but needs to be balanced against his overall effectiveness.

He will be sorely missed if he is banned as he was just coming into form. I suspect Grant is a player who relies heavily on match play for fitness and this could also set him back.

Let''s hope the FA, for once, back Norwich City.

1) It was the most laughable decision and cost us 2 points. The ref was appalling ALL game & the most one sided plonker you''ll see in years.

2) Ian Harte played to get him sent off. If it was a one off you may have given him the benefit of the doubt, unfortunately he has a reputation for cheating. It''s despicable that a fellow pro does that to get another fellow pro sent off. I hope karma is visited upon the cheating tw*t very soon.

3) I''m looking forward to giving Harte the reception he so richly deserves at Carrow Road.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Everyone to Wembley tomorrow. If we don''t get our way, up on the roof armed with fire extinguishers. Yellow Army![/quote]Ha!![:D]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I just dont see us being succesful here. As has been previously mentioned the FA have already overturned one of his red cards as recently as last week in the Blackpool vs WBA, presumably a reason why he was ''demoted'' to championship yesterday?. The FA would be painting themselvers into a corner by doing it again so soon with the same ref.[/quote]

Although it pains me to say it I am with you GJL, I don’t think it will be overturned, If they overturn this then it will be admitting that he is not fit to ref any league game let alone championship. I am sure I will be even angrier tomorrow when they let it stand!

The way he handled the drop ball was equally as laughable, I have seen far better Sunday league refs.

I can see him being rewarded with a trip to FCR in two week time !

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I just dont see us being succesful here. As has been previously mentioned the FA have already overturned one of his red cards as recently as last week in the Blackpool vs WBA, presumably a reason why he was ''demoted'' to championship yesterday?. The FA would be painting themselvers into a corner by doing it again so soon with the same ref.[/quote]

Although it pains me to say it I am with you GJL, I don’t think it will be overturned, If they overturn this then it will be admitting that he is not fit to ref any league game let alone championship. I am sure I will be even angrier tomorrow when they let it stand!

The way he handled the drop ball was equally as laughable, I have seen far better Sunday league refs.

I can see him being rewarded with a trip to FCR in two week time !

[/quote]Maybe time for him to return the favour and make things up to us then???I am sure that he would want to make up for his error.  What better way than by giving us a pen and sending a scummer off in the Derby?I like it... do it FA... [:D]