Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

loan striker

we need a big striker in on loan to cover for holts while hes out which is %100 certain. LAMBERT GET ON THE BLOWER-can you imagine martin and jackson up front v leeds n scum.FAR TOO LIGHTWEIGHT

This was the ONLY positive I could think of about Holt getting sent off.

Even if the appeal is won (which it won''t be, as we never have stuff overturned), there''s a risk that Holt will miss some big games.

We need an extra striker just in case, so I''m hoping this forces our hand into bringing in a forward on loan.

Yeah I agree with this if the appeal isn''t successful. Is the loan window still open?

If so, maybe a 6 week loan up until January would be good, we need a big, strong striker who can hold the ball up. Can''t think of many who would be available - wonder if there are any youngsters from top clubs who could do a job, or someone who is out of favour?

[quote user="CanaryJames"] (which it won''t be, as we never have stuff overturned), .[/quote]

Really? Like what?

Doc''s got rescinded against Bristol two seasons ago, but can''t remember much else...

There is a good chance that the appeal against Holt''s sending off is successful, so no real need to rush into the expenditure of an unpredictable loan.

Otherwise it will be a chance to see the Martin/Jackson partnership develop. It may work well. Perhaps Olli will get a chance too.

We are capable of scoring from a lot more positions than most clubs in any case.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

There is a good chance that the appeal against Holt''s sending off is successful, so no real need to rush into the expenditure of an unpredictable loan.

Otherwise it will be a chance to see the Martin/Jackson partnership develop. It may work well. Perhaps Olli will get a chance too.

We are capable of scoring from a lot more positions than most clubs in any case.

[/quote]I think we saw enough of the Martin/Jackson partnership in the Watford game to know that it''s not going to work, we looked far more threatening in that game when a half fit Holt came on. We need a big man up top and Holt is the only one of that type that we have at the club. I have said for a long time that we may live to regret not signing a target man type player and if that hideous red card isn''t rescinded I hope I''m not about to be proved right.

Last season there was debate about a Russell red-card, which was ultimately rejected.

Not that ''losing'' Russell is a particularly damaging thing in my opinion!

I''m just thinking along the lines of Jay Bothroyd. Makes a tackle far, far worse than Holt''s and gets no post-match ban. I can''t see them over-turning Holt''s ban to be honest, with the fact he got sent off last season for what they would regard as a ''similar'' offence not helping matters...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why do we need a big man?

Plenty of teams do well without one....[/quote]Because we look far better with than without one, from what I have seen we look far to lightweight up front when Holt isn''t playing. We have no one who can do the job that he does and the oppo defenders get a far easier time of it when he isn''t playing.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why do we need a big man?

Plenty of teams do well without one....[/quote]No offence, but you seem to do alot of typing and telling us all what should happen, and most of it is total b0llocks.. You never seem to be at the game, but you know everything that happens?I admire your positive attitude if Holt is banned, but in truth, without Holt (or suitable backup) we are f*cked against leeds and scummers, and everybody knows it.

We needed another striker in the Grant Holt mould before last nights debacle but lets wait until the appeal cause while I''m  not holding my breath its more than possible that the red card will be overturned!

I don''t do all that much typing, i have been between 7000-7500 posts for at least a couple of months now.... And its my opinion, am i not allowed that?

I am at University, so haven''t been to many games, i make that perfectly clear.. (i went to first 4/5 home games, Boro game, watched this one on TV, and going to the ipswich game in two weeks...)

Its not total bollocks, i have never seen Russell Martin act like everyone else says he does, maybe he does now, but i certainly have never noticed that...Ruddy isn''t 100% solid, so that was valid.

And the first 5-10 games, when Holt was very ineffective/unfit, we did alright then? certainly no worse than now....

And i think that Martin/Jackson upfront can work...yes an inform Holt is probably out best player, and i don''t think we should drop him, but it would be interesting to see another up front partnership...

I''m getting quite fed up having to defend myself on here, were all Norwich fans, with individual opinions, if i think Martin (a player i really really like) isn''t captain material, thats up to me, if i think Ruddy (despite his wonderful performance yesterday) doesn''t inspire full confidence in him, thats my opinion, yes you can disagree, but so much of what i''m getting is telling me i''m plain wrong, half the time without an explanation and just an insult....its really not worth it

Easy tiger!

Welcome to the world of Pinkun.com messageboard!

A lot of whats put on this forum at times can be rubbish but if I had to resort to typing rubbish on here I wouldn''t bother!

I told you yesterday that Russell Martin had been a target for the "we''ve got to have a scapegoat" brigade this season and you said you heard it yourself. Then later on you said you hadn''t to many games, while I have been to most games. Thats probably why I would have heard it and you hadn''t!

No a critiscism, just a discussion where I obviously in the Russell Martin discussion was more qualified to answer!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]This was the ONLY positive I could think of about Holt getting sent off. Even if the appeal is won (which it won''t be, as we never have stuff overturned), there''s a risk that Holt will miss some big games. We need an extra striker just in case, so I''m hoping this forces our hand into bringing in a forward on loan.[/quote]

Docherty had a red card overturned on appeal, so to say that we never have is simply not true. 

grantroederdisaster....I''m more than happy to accept Russell Martin is a good captain candidate, I''ll keep a closer eye on him against ipswich.... (unless i have enough money to get a train back to Norwich for next week as well :D)

[quote user="CanaryJames"]This was the ONLY positive I could think of about Holt getting sent off. Even if the appeal is won (which it won''t be, as we never have stuff overturned), there''s a risk that Holt will miss some big games. We need an extra striker just in case, so I''m hoping this forces our hand into bringing in a forward on loan.[/quote]

We got the Doc''s card recinded.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t do all that much typing, i have been between 7000-7500 posts for at least a couple of months now.... And its my opinion, am i not allowed that?

I am at University, so haven''t been to many games, i make that perfectly clear.. (i went to first 4/5 home games, Boro game, watched this one on TV, and going to the ipswich game in two weeks...)

Its not total bollocks, i have never seen Russell Martin act like everyone else says he does, maybe he does now, but i certainly have never noticed that...Ruddy isn''t 100% solid, so that was valid.

And the first 5-10 games, when Holt was very ineffective/unfit, we did alright then? certainly no worse than now....

And i think that Martin/Jackson upfront can work...yes an inform Holt is probably out best player, and i don''t think we should drop him, but it would be interesting to see another up front partnership...

I''m getting quite fed up having to defend myself on here, were all Norwich fans, with individual opinions, if i think Martin (a player i really really like) isn''t captain material, thats up to me, if i think Ruddy (despite his wonderful performance yesterday) doesn''t inspire full confidence in him, thats my opinion, yes you can disagree, but so much of what i''m getting is telling me i''m plain wrong, half the time without an explanation and just an insult....its really not worth it[/quote]I didn''t question your opinion in the slightest, like I said i admired your positive attitude.. I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee.. I didn''t need a life story.

''No offence, but you seem to do alot of typing and telling us all what should happen, and most of it is total b0llocks''

Really?

Would it make you happy if i didn''t post on here? Since i obviously annoy you so much, i''m quite happy to do that if it would make you happy?

Thats one post though.....

Saying that i thought Russell Martin wasn''t captain material, was based on what i have seen from him, which is obviously wrong and i accepted that, go find me some more examples of b0llocks please? (not saying i don''t post any, but who doesn''t? This forum really should be more friendly, were all Norwich fans after all.....If i met a Norwich fan in real life :P it wouldn''t end up like this....)

Maybe I was abit harsh tbf... Think I was still in a mood at Michael Oliver.. Most people on here are proper nobs lol, you get used to that. Everyone likes their own opinion.You should just double check what you say first, but enjoy posting whatever you would like!

kdncfc I don''t think you can judge the Martin/Jackson partnership solely on one game which happens to be the first game of the season. The reason why I think we play better with Holt is partly down to the fact he suits the style of football we play. We are a direct team that tends to play a fair amount of medium length high passes. To fit a Martin/Jackson partnership we would need to change this style to suit the partnership which I thin takes longer than 70 minutes of one game.

Davo

[quote user="Brendo "]

[quote user="CanaryJames"] (which it won''t be, as we never have stuff overturned), .[/quote]

Really? Like what?

Doc''s got rescinded against Bristol two seasons ago, but can''t remember much else...

[/quote]

How about Russell last season and Dublin in his final season?  Both were appalling decisions and shown tio be so by tv and both appeals were rejected