Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Apologies for the flying visit but I''m just a bit pushed for time at the mo.

I''ll go with...

PSV - Excelsior.....Home win.

All the best of luck to Slim and everybody else.[Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Thanks for all the great naps so far. Keep them coming in.

It will most probably be late on tonight when my final selections go in. I''ll be settling down with a wee tot of malt when I choose, but not too many mind![/quote]Have one for me when you''ve made the selection nbs [;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Something a bit different this week and I''m heading into the wonderful world of the Conference North, and I''m pretty confident that Nuneaton (5th place, 26 points from 12 games with games in hand on all above them) will see off Eastwood Town (17th place, and only 12 points from 13 matches).[/quote]Do you feel lucky?  Well, do you?

Sorry to be unoriginal, been away for a few days and cant wait to get some shut-eye. From looking at the games picked so far Shakhtar looks as nailed on as it gets.Best of luck NBS.

I have probably bottled it again this season as I just couldn''t bring myself to pick an away game or anything remotely risky, sorry for this.  My reasoning being that while the odds are likely to be rubbish, I feel that if we can have a better chance of a win then any win no matter how small is a bonus purely because it is a free bet so there really are no losers.

As we all know, especially so this season, there is certainly no such thing as a banker.  I have deliberated, cogitated and digested the fixtures many times and have come up with following.  I was stuck on 4 then 5 for ages, so much so that I even contemplated picking 2 teams which I don''t think have been napped Zenit in Russia and Dudelange in Luxembourg (which was going to be my nap).

Like last year, I have been on another rollercoaster. Considering picking just 5 when feeling unsure and when I was feeling a bit more confident picking 7 or 8 to include Zenit and Dudelange.  I don''t think think either of these situations would be allowed, however I do seem to recall one or both of these scenarios happening way back in the past, although I''ve probably imagined it.[:^)]

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, here are my final 6 -

- FC Porto vs Portimonense - Home win - also my nap

- PSV Eindhoven vs Excelsior - Home win

- Shaktar Donetsk vs Metalurg Zaporizhya - Home win

- Rangers vs Aberdeen - Home win

- Chelsea vs Sunderland - Home win

- FC Halifax vs Retford United - Home win

P.S. can someone tell me how I check the odds for these 6 on an accumulator with one of the big bookies?[:$]

Many thanks for all your help, and good luck everyone[:)][Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I have probably bottled it again this season as I just couldn''t bring myself to pick an away game or anything remotely risky, sorry for this.  My reasoning being that while the odds are likely to be rubbish, I feel that if we can have a better chance of a win then any win no matter how small is a bonus purely because it is a free bet so there really are no losers.

As we all know, especially so this season, there is certainly no such thing as a banker.  I have deliberated, cogitated and digested the fixtures many times and have come up with following.  I was stuck on 4 then 5 for ages, so much so that I even contemplated picking 2 teams which I don''t think have been napped Zenit in Russia and Dudelange in Luxembourg (which was going to be my nap).

Like last year, I have been on another rollercoaster. Considering picking just 5 when feeling unsure and when I was feeling a bit more confident picking 7 or 8 to include Zenit and Dudelange.  I don''t think think either of these situations would be allowed, however I do seem to recall one or both of these scenarios happening way back in the past, although I''ve probably imagined it.[:^)]

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, here are my final 6 -

- FC Porto vs Portimonense - Home win - also my nap

- PSV Eindhoven vs Excelsior - Home win

- Shaktar Donetsk vs Metalurg Zaporizhya - Home win

- Rangers vs Aberdeen - Home win

- Chelsea vs Sunderland - Home win

- FC Halifax vs Retford United - Home win

P.S. can someone tell me how I check the odds for these 6 on an accumulator with one of the big bookies?[:$]

[/quote]

Arrgh! why do my spaces inbetween paragraphs keep disappearing since we went on to the new site?[:^)]

Thank you for these excellent selections Richard. They look nailed on to me.

There''s a bet calculator here so you just enter the prices as if they''d won. Sky Bet had prices for all six games so I used them. If we put a tenner on these with Sky Bet it would win us £13.03, let''s see what we get with Billy in the morning. I''m sure he will improve on that.

Arrgh! why do my spaces inbetween paragraphs keep disappearing since we went on to the new site?[:^)]

[/quote]

--

I think the trick is to put in an extra space between paras. That seems to work.

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Norfolkbroadslim and Billy Dixon we have...

1/6

FC Porto

1/6

PSV Eindhoven

1/8

Shaktar Donetsk

1/5

Rangers

2/9

Chelsea

1/4

FC Halifax

Which will win for the Academy £18.07p. As I said last night I ran the same bet through Sky Bet and the return would only be £13.03. So that’s a huge difference this week, nearly half as much again in fact, and just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted. So now it’s "game on". Donetsk get us underway at 2:00 today then Rangers and Halifax kick off at 3pm. PSV play at 5:45 and all being well we will be undefeated going in to Sunday when Chelsea kick off at 4:10 and Porto have an evening game starting at 8:15. Thanks again for these NBS, I know how much effort you made to arrive at the final six and I’ll be living that roller coaster with you this weekend.

Good luck everyone............[:)]..........

[/quote]Good picks NBS, should be in the bag. I believe we have had 7 games in the past, Fellas had one over an international weekend and came out a winner I seem to think.  Ive been tempted to do it before, but I know id be distraught if the 7th one was the pick that didnt come in!For the odds, just check Ladbrokes or similar to see the odds they have listed. To see the payout I use this website  - http://www.free-bet-calculator.co.uk/  - Although as this is a free bet the stake is not included in the returns.

Sorry I am so late with this, but Fiorentina v Cesena (home win) for me please.

Thanks once again for promoting my run Nutty and thanks for your kind sposnorship the other day.

If anybody esle would like to sponsor me for the Norwich Half Marathon, two weeks tomorrow, then please click on one of the links (for either Diabetes UK or the Cystic Fibrosis Trust) in my signature below.

[quote user="Herman "]One down[Y] What league is Halifax?[/quote]

That''s a relief, Metalurg aren''t a team who normally get thrashed, they do lose quite a lot but mainly just by the odd goal.  I was nervous about this one, I thought they may have scraped a draw.

I think Rangers are 2 up and I believe Halifax (of the Evostick Northern Premier division) are currently leading 3-0.

[:S]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Shamrocks!  PSV losing 1-0[/quote]But now 2-1 up [Y][/quote]And 4-2 up with 1 minute to go [Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Shamrocks!  PSV losing 1-0[/quote]

But now 2-1 up [Y]

[/quote]

And 4-2 up with 1 minute to go [Y]
[/quote]

Everything crossed for tomorrow now[:S]