Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Lambert charged with improper conduct

Well this takes the piss. Lambert has been charged with improper conduct. Not sure if its for getting sent to stands or his comments about the ref. If it is for leaving his technical area, Mourinho done this numerous times when celebrating a goal when at Chelsea and Porto yet I never remember him being sent to the stands of be punished

He did break the rules......so it is fair to charge him, but hopefully it gets overturned when they see why he did it, Korey (it was him who was fouled wasn''t it?) could have been injured, Lambert had a right to get upset, he went about it in the wrong way (according to the rules....)....

I don''t think his comments after the game helped though :(

I think Lambert will cop it.... otherwise the whole thing will be turned into a farce and the FA look even more inept.Politics and all that....

I think most people saw this coming. Whilst I genuinley enjoyed his after match interview you could see that he was always going to get charged. The FA doesn''t take into account that ambert had been wound up by a useless ref.

They also don''t like personalities and just want boring sound bites and cliches.

Davo

I guess it all depends on what''s in the ref''s report about Lambert. In his interview after the match Lambert''s comments were about the referee''s incompetence. Surely there can be no argument that the decision to send off Holt was incompetent. Just as all the other poor decisions he has made in the last few weeks.

The word that get''s managers and players into real trouble is "cheat". It''s then more than incompetence and the suggestion is that the referee has been unfair on purpose or for gain.

Does anybody know what Lambert has been charged with?

If all or part of his charge was leaving the technical area did he not cop that one big time last year at Tranmere so a second offence.

I presume however some of it will be about his post match interview, which should actually be quite amusing because as I undestand it is he not asked to explain his comments about the ref. He should say if they were not correct why have you overturned the red card. 

I think Lambert has been charged for using free speech. In the fact that he had the audacity to question one of the FA''s smug merry men about his incompetence rather than turn the other cheek and say "it doesn''t matter its only a game". This is the sole reason why we accept defeat so readily in this country from an early age - competitive instinct is taken away.

Why children in the egg and spoon race on sports day can''t be called the winner.

Until referees learn to have respect for players fans and managers the respect campaign is solely for wally''s.

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Well this takes the piss. Lambert has been charged with improper conduct. Not sure if its for getting sent to stands or his comments about the ref. If it is for leaving his technical area, Mourinho done this numerous times when celebrating a goal when at Chelsea and Porto yet I never remember him being sent to the stands of be punished
[/quote]

why is it taking the p***? He ran onto the pitch and left his technical area which is not allowed! JM only leaves his technical area when his team score just like lambert left his technical area when crofts scored vs burnley.

You and I both know that managers who complain about a Ref like lambert did they will get fined. and they deserve to. If lambert was to keep quiet and just put his thoughts on the match report form then he would have been fine!

It''s compounded slightly by the fact that Holt''s red card was overturned which means the FA think the ref got it wrong which surely means if Lambert says ''the ref got it wrong'', they have to agree with him? It seems mutually exclusive overturning the red card but upholding Lambert''s touchline ban.

Lambert didn''t run on to the pitch to argue with Oliver either. He wordlessly stood by the touchline to make sure Korey Smith was okay.

All in all, the FA could have taken the easy route and backed Oliver so at least we''ve got Holty back

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Well this takes the piss. Lambert has been charged with improper conduct. Not sure if its for getting sent to stands or his comments about the ref. If it is for leaving his technical area, Mourinho done this numerous times when celebrating a goal when at Chelsea and Porto yet I never remember him being sent to the stands of be punished
[/quote]

why is it taking the p***? He ran onto the pitch and left his technical area which is not allowed! JM only leaves his technical area when his team score just like lambert left his technical area when crofts scored vs burnley.

You and I both know that managers who complain about a Ref like lambert did they will get fined. and they deserve to. If lambert was to keep quiet and just put his thoughts on the match report form then he would have been fine!

[/quote]

When you get a little bit older nanna you will come across something called passion.

It takes hold of you and makes you do all sorts of things that a bit later you SOMETIMES regret (ask your dad!!)

Lambert has that passion and he would not be half the man or manager he is without it.

So good luck to him and long may that passion be spent for the benefit of our club.

[QUOTE]“How old is he, 14? 25? That sums it up,” he said. “He can go away to

work in his kindergarten or wherever he works – he will probably get

that wrong as well.[/QUOTE]That brought a smile to my face. [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/laughing-smiley-002.gif[/IMG]

''Improper Conduct'' to me suggests leaving the technical area, not makimg any comments about the Refs performance. Lambert did say that on leaving the area he said nothing towards the Ref.

“All I went down for was to see if Korey was alright because his knee was sore. I never said a word, never did anything wrong, I just went down there to make sure he was okay. It was the fourth official actually – I thought they were shocking, really shocking.

“I asked him what I was getting sent off for and he said, ‘I’ll tell you later’, so I must be going to have a drink with him. I would love to know what I’m being sent off for – I’m sure he will be making that up.”

The failure of the Ref to tell him why he was being sent to the stand at the time or later after the game is unforgivable. Having said that, it is highly unlikely the FA will totally lose face and admit Michael Oliver is so incompetant that he makes managers leave their technical areas.

I suspect it is mainly about what he said rather than what he did that will get him a touchline ban and fine. Although leaving the technical area is not good it is his comments probably at the time (although Lambert says he said nowt which I have to say I  find hard to believe) which got him sent to the stands and those afterwards will earn him probably three matches in the stands and a hefty fine.I can understand any manager saying a referee was useless, had a bad day etc which Mr Oliver clearly did. It is his comments regards age which are out of order and the kindergarden stuff is way too personal. There are some very good young refs out there just looks like Mr Oliver is not one of them!However good to see Mr Oliver will have to swallow the fact he was dead wrong ( not even a caution).Would it not be good if both of them just admitted they made a mistake and we moved on.

I wish refs could be charged for inproper conduct for crap red cards and a general lack of consistancy and integrity.

I imagine the improper conduct refers to the whole package of events as if it was just the interview it might have been ''bringing the game into disrepute.''

Stand by for a three game touchline ban which will hurt PL more than anything.

I also think the fact PL set himself up for a punishment gave the FA leverage to waive the red card as they can be seen to be judicious but protecting their referee at the same time.

[quote user="chicken"]I wish refs could be charged for inproper conduct for crap red cards and a general lack of consistancy and integrity.[/quote]

Good point Chicken.

This is where it all falls down.

The failure of of the powers that be to recognise that this is an emotive game and certain factors (especially when it comes from a crap performance of one of their own) are likely to draw a response is dreadful. Perhaps if they had reviewed the WHOLE performance of the Ref and looked closely at the challenge on Korey late in the game, then they could see why Lambert reacted the way he did. They could also ask the Ref for his view on that challenge, why it wasn''t worthy of a card compared to what he saw in the challenge that led to Grant Holt getting sent off. 

I will go against general consensus here and say that Lambert will get fined and deservedly so.

He made a decision, in my opinion calculated, that he was going to get fined (for being sent off) so he might as well say exactly what he thought in th epost match interview.  My own personal preference, as difficult as it is at times, is to not openly criticise referees (you can leave that to the pundits).  By undermining them, saying what you think, which in many but not all cases, influences how people react to referees outside the professional game. 

Kids / parents and amateur coaches see and copy this behaviour and stop people wanting to get involved in refereeing in the first place.  Micheal Oliver should be assessed on his performance and the level of football he referees at should be determined on this assessment.  In genereal, football and its governing bodies should to support referees in making the right decision, i.e. using technology & having clear rather than ambiguous rules.  Micheal Oliver will be judged by TV replays, it seems perverse not to allow him access to those replays in the first place, in order to support him in making the correct decision.

PS I was at the game, agree with what he said, but just think we should take a wider view.

So shoot me  

You make some fair points Europe 93 but I think we should also bear in mind that the interview is done immediately after the match when emotions are running high. I think you''ll find many managers would prefer not to do these interviews. They are asked loaded questions anyway. It''s just another example of the media''s influence in the sport.

It''s not as if Lambert instigated the interview or said it after a cooling off preriod. The refs don''t have to give interviews immediately after the game. It would be very interesting if they were put under the same pressure by the media that the managers are.

I agree totally that the whole situation is manipulated. The media demand the interview, and football complies, the questions asked are leading and the people being asked are in an emotive state.

I did allude to the governing bodies, the FA should tell the media to get stu**ed on the manager interview and look to the wider integrity of the game rather than taking a few extra quid.

Press conferences could be done on a Monday morning, like they are typically done pre match on a Friday (I believe).

My personal opinion is that the governing bodies court the controversy, any publicity is good publicity type of thing, I can site a few instances of this. So essentially they are happy to have the incidents / talking points in the game, and after the game. They do not support the man who makes the decisions, then moan there are no new refs coming through.

PS - the losers in a lot of cases are the genuine fans, because fair results are traded for tv audience entertainment. Reading v Norwich being a perfect example.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You make some fair points Europe 93 but I think we should also bear in mind that the interview is done immediately after the match when emotions are running high. I think you''ll find many managers would prefer not to do these interviews. They are asked loaded questions anyway. It''s just another example of the media''s influence in the sport.

It''s not as if Lambert instigated the interview or said it after a cooling off preriod. The refs don''t have to give interviews immediately after the game. It would be very interesting if they were put under the same pressure by the media that the managers are.

[/quote]

You could have interviewe''d any person in the ground on Saturday they would have all give''n the same version on the ref, well everyone excet Harte that is, But even Reading fans were saying as much on thier message boards, But IMO I do believe the managers of all 92 league clubs should put a ban on post match interviews

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You could have interviewe''d any person in the ground on Saturday they would have all give''n the same version on the ref, well everyone excet Harte that is, But even Reading fans were saying as much on thier message boards, But IMO I do believe the managers of all 92 league clubs should put a ban on post match interviews

[/quote]Disagree. Instead of banning them, they should be allowed to say exactly what they feel! Why should they be restricted? Why shouldn''t they voice their opinions? In my opinion this blind-protection of the FA''s own is what causes half the tension with ref''s anyway!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Well this takes the piss. Lambert has been charged with improper conduct. Not sure if its for getting sent to stands or his comments about the ref. If it is for leaving his technical area, Mourinho done this numerous times when celebrating a goal when at Chelsea and Porto yet I never remember him being sent to the stands of be punished[/quote]

[/quote][IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0O2CPGcOPk0/SLVTc7O3NTI/AAAAAAAAB44/y87XhHRLmvA/s400/Idiot.JPG[/IMG]

It isn''t up to the 92 league clubs as far as I know. Alex Ferguson doesn''t do his press conferences, and he gets fined by the Premier League, so as far as I am aware it is requirement managers are obliged to fulfill. For him it is a price he is happy to pay. Harry Redknapp said he would be prepared to do the same the other week, if he got fined for speaking his mind.

[quote user="Europe_93"]It isn''t up to the 92 league clubs as far as I know. Alex Ferguson doesn''t do his press conferences, and he gets fined by the Premier League, so as far as I am aware it is requirement managers are obliged to fulfill. For him it is a price he is happy to pay. Harry Redknapp said he would be prepared to do the same the other week, if he got fined for speaking his mind.[/quote]

So much for freedom of speach, What ever next? Managers under house arrest.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course they would Pete. And not just everyone in the ground but all those neutrals who watched on tv and all the tv pundits. But having said all of that I was still not even confident that the red card would be overturned. Because the problem is with the FA who seem to want to control the clubs and yet do the bidding of the tv companies.

Managers are asked leading questions sometimes seconds after the final whistle. The tv companies thrive on the controversy. Sky Sports News thrives on such controversy. Subscribers then want to follow it through to see what punishment the FA will give. He who pays the piper calls the tune and the last thing the tv companies want is calm collected and considered comments from managers a couple of days after the game. In fact the only managers press conferences which are newsworthy are those that are full of controversy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course they would Pete. And not just everyone in the ground but all those neutrals who watched on tv and all the tv pundits. But having said all of that I was still not even confident that the red card would be overturned. Because the problem is with the FA who seem to want to control the clubs and yet do the bidding of the tv companies.

Managers are asked leading questions sometimes seconds after the final whistle. The tv companies thrive on the controversy. Sky Sports News thrives on such controversy. Subscribers then want to follow it through to see what punishment the FA will give. He who pays the piper calls the tune and the last thing the tv companies want is calm collected and considered comments from managers a couple of days after the game. In fact the only managers press conferences which are newsworthy are those that are full of controversy.

[/quote]

Very well put nutty.