Sign in to follow this  
grantroederdisaster

Where will the new club car park be situated?

After reading through the details of the land sale I was shocked to read that what is currently the main club car park behind the Jarold stand has been sold of to a building firm.

So where will the new club car park be situated?

I''d of thought it would of been more convenient to have kept the current car park and sold of the all the land behind it except of course the excellent Carrow Park!

The club have said they have alternatives in mind but surely this will be situated a fair distance from the ground and what about if we ever need to extend the Jarold stand. Some say its possible others not so I''m not sure?

Fair points, although against it are the fact that car parks too close to the ground itself amount to a nightmare at the end of the game when everybody wants to leave at once. For M.25, read Carrow Road etc.

I prefer to park away and have an anticipatory and brisk walk to the ground in any case. Others cannot do this I realise, but getting away from CR. (and into  itsometimes) is a flippin'' hassle.

There will be 6 car parks:

Thickthorn Park and Ride (601)

Harford Park and Ride (602)

Airport Park and Ride (603)

Costessey Park and Ride (604)

Postwick Park and Ride (605)

Sprowston Park and Ride (606)

Getting fans from the ground to these park and ride locations after games would take longer!

What about for away games with lots of fans leaving from Carrow Rd on the cabbages. Where are they going to park?

Carrow Roads a multi function venue with different things going on there every day and a lot of nights. Where are these people going to park?

People staying in the Hotel. Where are they going to park?

Players, staff etc. Where would they park!

Like I said no having a car park does''t sound practical to me and if I was on a Council planning committee I''d say exactly the same thing!  

Anyway wasn''t there talk of a multi story car park going on the site of the car park?

Surely can''t the car park behind the Jarold stand be kept and the rest of the land sold of for redevelopment?

The new car park could even be the current car park. It may well be that the new owners build the multi-storey that was talked about ages ago, or even just leave it as a surface car park.With either option they might get a car park company such as NCP to either fund building it or lease it once completed.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Getting fans from the ground to these park and ride locations after games would take longer!

What about for away games with lots of fans leaving from Carrow Rd on the cabbages. Where are they going to park?

Carrow Roads a multi function venue with different things going on there every day and a lot of nights. Where are these people going to park?

People staying in the Hotel. Where are they going to park?

Players, staff etc. Where would they park!

Like I said no having a car park does''t sound practical to me and if I was on a Council planning committee I''d say exactly the same thing!  

Anyway wasn''t there talk of a multi story car park going on the site of the car park?

Surely can''t the car park behind the Jarold stand be kept and the rest of the land sold of for redevelopment?

[/quote]My comment about the Park and Ride was tounge in cheek.

The club have said they have alternatives in mind but surely this will be situated a fair distance from the ground and what about if we ever need to extend the Jarold stand. Some say its possible others not so I''m not sure?

[/quote]

There is a piece of land behind the Jarrold stand before you get to the railing and the start of the car park.

[quote user="Harry"]There will be 6 car parks: Thickthorn Park and Ride (601) Harford Park and Ride (602) Airport Park and Ride (603) Costessey Park and Ride (604) Postwick Park and Ride (605) Sprowston Park and Ride (606)[/quote]

In addition there are car parks around the city centre, e.g. Duke St. car park.

[/quote]

On the car park near the back of Royal Mails sorting office that overlooks the railway lines going into Thorpe Railway Station..

After reading through the details of the land sale I was shocked to read that what is currently the main club car park behind the Jarold stand has been sold of to a building firm.

I''d of thought it would of been more convenient to have kept the current car park and sold of the all the land behind it except of course the excellent Carrow Park!

[/quote]

I did hear they were going to demolish the river end and build a multi story drive in type carpark so the olduns can stay in thier cars and flash lights and bib horns when we score, and also use the car headlights in evening to save money on floodlights     

On the car park near the back of Royal Mails sorting office that overlooks the railway lines going into Thorpe Railway Station..

This car park already gets full for home games as it is without it becoming the new official club/stadium car park!

This car park already gets full for home games as it is without it becoming the new official club/stadium car park!

[/quote]

And doubles in price on match days

For those who used to visit the Official NCFC message board and remember dear old Ranier.

He would have said that football should be for local people and as such no one should need to use a car.

If you can''t walk there then you should be supporting your own village team!

Away fans can come by train or coach and you need no carparks at all.

It''s likely that as long as there is convenient parking for Delia and her luvvie chums... little else matters.

who says there will be a car park? i have been to lots of other grounds in the country that don''t have them! do we really need one?at Coventrys old ground the players used to park at the public car park across the road with the fans, they must have got some gip after bad defeats!

I would imagine that the land that has been sold is that along the river to the east of the service road that divides the tarmac carpark and Carrow Park.  The obvious answer to the reduction of parking spaces would be to then build a multi-story on the current tarmac carpark directly behind the Jarrold Stand / hotel.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]

It''s likely that as long as there is convenient parking for Delia and her luvvie chums... little else matters.
[/quote]

If I owned a football club I would expect a car parking space.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I would imagine that the land that has been sold is that along the river to the east of the service road that divides the tarmac carpark and Carrow Park.  The obvious answer to the reduction of parking spaces would be to then build a multi-story on the current tarmac carpark directly behind the Jarrold Stand / hotel.

[/quote]

Might cost £5m. to build the multi storey car park.

From the plans I saw, it is only the original planned development that is going ahead (but in a different order) ie. affordable accommodation next and that only involves the land beside the river not the fenced in car park which (as far as I know) was never going to be developed.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I would imagine that the land that has been sold is that along the river to the east of the service road that divides the tarmac carpark and Carrow Park.  The obvious answer to the reduction of parking spaces would be to then build a multi-story on the current tarmac carpark directly behind the Jarrold Stand / hotel.

[/quote]

Only problem is, fans would be leaving even earlier to get out of the multi-story, I don''t think the need for a carpark is so urgent anyway,   

[/quote]What if they are selling it off to a car parking company? (That will build a multistorey car park there)

They said last week it had been sold to Broadland housing assocition who happen to have their main offices in the Jarold stand!

Surely they want somewhere to park when they go to work?

I can''t imagine a planning committee would allow the club to not have a car park for a multi function stadium that apart from football hosts many other functions, a hotel, restaurants and has businesses that use it every day?

I will be very disapointed if Carrow Road has no car park in the future but I can''t see that being the case, I hope!

The multi storey car park idea was mooted a few years back and this would be a good move cause it would probably more spaces than their are at present, which is what is needed!