Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Andy Carroll keeps drifting out wide....

[quote user="CT"]Guess that means he''s awful then...[/quote]Hang on a minute.  I''m not knocking Andy Carroll, but I think we should bring in another international striker in case he gets injured or suspended.  Not because I don''t think he''s good enough...

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="CT"]Guess that means he''s awful then...[/quote]

What''s this got to do with Norwich City?

[/quote]

Definitely wrong forum.I wish people would stick to the rules.[:@]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="CT"]Guess that means he''s awful then...[/quote]

What''s this got to do with Norwich City?

[/quote]

Definitely wrong forum.I wish people would stick to the rules.[:@]

[/quote]

Yeah, I just can''t understand it.

CT knows the rules....

[quote user="The Walking Man "]It does when you only play one upfront.[/quote]

Glad it was only a friendly, the French outplayed us in every area, And Carroll spent more time keeping his he in place,GET A BLOODY HAIR CUT good to see a former Norwich player comes on and shows them how to find the net  

I thought it was schoolboy football.

We play this ''big target man'' upfront, then what do we do?

Hoof it upfield at every available opportunity.

It was dire, I''m just worried that in terms of where we are, we may not have hit the bottom yet. Capello looks like a man who couldn''t care less, and with what we are paying him who can blame him. I reckon Paul Lambert gets more out of our squad than Capello does out of the bunch of so called superstars he has to work with.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

I thought it was schoolboy football.

We play this ''big target man'' upfront, then what do we do?

Hoof it upfield at every available opportunity.

It was dire, I''m just worried that in terms of where we are, we may not have hit the bottom yet. Capello looks like a man who couldn''t care less, and with what we are paying him who can blame him. I reckon Paul Lambert gets more out of our squad than Capello does out of the bunch of so called superstars he has to work with.

[/quote]It doesn''t help when he picks four strikers in the squad who are all more or less target men- Carroll, Crouch, Cole and Bothroyd. It was always going to encourage long ball football.No team at the top level plays that way, but on the other hand, we are not good enough to pass our way through the opposition the way the other major nations do.We need to revolutionise the way football is taught in this country from a young age- even at the age of 10, bigger, stronger, quicker players are getting picked ahead of more gifted ones because of their physical superiority, which is clearly not right.Also, we play 11-a-side far too young in this country, at around age 10 isn''t it? In Holland it is 14, I believe, and most other countries start at around 12 or 13. The state of the pitches are normally terrible, so players cannot practice a passing game, so the FA should really try and implement 7-a-side football on astroturf pitches until the age of 13-14, in my opinion.I''ve gone off on a bit of a tangent, so to keep on topic, I have no real problem with Carroll/Holt drifting out wide from time to time...

Thought Andy Carroll did pretty well last night, looked like he''ll definitely be able to handle international football.

Just a shame that we didn''t play to his strengths. He''s great in the air (although he''s got a lot to his game in general) and we gave him nothing to attack.

But for whatever they pay Fabio and for whatever he''s won at club level in his career...playing Jagielka at right back and persisting with Gareth Barry in midfield (and let''s face it, there are plenty of other issues) makes it pretty obvious that the guy really hasn''t got a clue when it comes to England.

The ''Golden age'' of English footballers continues.  France were brillers mind, nice to see us helping them get over their world cup problems.