Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

He can go away to work in his kindergarten, he'll probably get that wrong...

[quote user="Jacko"].........But championship clubs cannot be used as guinea pigs by the FA for referees such as Attwell and Oliver who are clearly not up to the pressure of refereeing important games at this moment.

[/quote]

I see Oliver has been assigned the Villa v Blackburn game next Sunday. A PL game........, on a Sunday......, no doubt televised (???).   

Quite astounding after his performance on Monday night football the other week. He wrongly sent of a West Brom player. The resentment caused by that decision meant that he lost control very quickly

[quote user="book end"]How about adding to the mens cancer awareness movember? Would give it much more publicity.[/quote]

Great idea!

(My brother had Testicular Cancer; it''s no joke going through that).

[quote user="Jacko"]

I am sorry but I lost respect for what Mick Dennis had to say a long time ago. I thought his assessment of the situation at the end of the Roeder era was out of touch with reality. Admittedly I relying on what Paul Moy has said but if this is correct once again I have to disagree Dennis again on two counts.

Firstly Dennis is correct that we were fortunate against Burnley in that Crofts clearly controlled the ball with his hand before scoring. It was a very poor decision as was the decision to send Holt off. Both decisions have cost Norwich and Burnley two points apiece. However that is where the similiarites end. We are losing one of our most influential players for three vital games because an inexperienced official has made an extremely poor decision. That cannot be taken lying down because potential damage which could be inflicted by the decision in the next three games could be much greater than two dropped points .

I also dont think the ''they even themselves out over a season'' school of thought which he seems to advocate is satisfactory. You want to games decided by the players ability not be the mistakes of officials. Oliver effectively decided the outcome of the West Brom v Blackpool game earlier in the season with a ridiculous red card very early on. Of course referees will not get everything right because its a human game with human failings. But championship clubs cannot be used as guinea pigs by the FA for referees such as Attwell and Oliver who are clearly not up to the pressure of refereeing important games at this moment.

[/quote]

Since when did anybody take any notice of  Dick Mennis.[|-)]

The movember idea is a good un, happy to chip in if it grows legs.[Y]

[quote user="paul moy"]Oh Dear. Mick Dennis on Talksport is backing the referee and saying that folks on here need to weigh up previous matches where referees have made mistakes in our favour recently. We could do without him saying that in the media just before the appeal comes up.[/quote]Quite an incredible thing to say on national radio the day before the FA hearing. As if The FA weren''t funny enough on these kind of appeals. We now have a Norwich fan himself backing Oliver. I also fail to recall any majorly wrong desicions in our favour other than the Crofts handball and even in that game there were plenty against us, the three penalties we have had this year seemed all pretty clear cut to me. I really wish Dennis would keep his big mouth shut.

So are we now going to forget this as Holt''s red as been overturned? I hope not, It will tell the whole Footballing world how we feel 

Agreed Pete, Lambert is still being charged and we lost 2 potentially vital points. As good as getting Holt back is I still feel cheated.

And that referee gets another televised high profile game on saturday.