Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

He can go away to work in his kindergarten, he'll probably get that wrong...

I guess he will get a fine but he''s right, it was pathetic.

It will be interesting to see how the FA handle this from here on. It''s not like it''s just an isolated incident for this ref. And to be fair, not many 25 year olds would have the experience neccessary to handle the big games going out live on tv. You can pass all the exams in the world but you always need experience to make the right decisions in all walks of life, not just refereeing.

You can hear Lambert again here : -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9188207.stm

Yep, Lambo is going to take a spank for that one.Well worth it though, and I would happily help chip in to pay his fine.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Yep, Lambo is going to take a spank for that one.

Well worth it though, and I would happily help chip in to pay his fine.

[:)]
[/quote]

Same here, it need saying, even THE CHAMPIONSHIP said it was an appalling decision.

Well said Lambert.

Trouble is if "little old Norwich" get screwed over on appeal it will be newsworthy for approximately 45 seconds.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I guess he will get a fine but he''s right, it was pathetic.

It will be interesting to see how the FA handle this from here on. It''s not like it''s just an isolated incident for this ref. And to be fair, not many 25 year olds would have the experience neccessary to handle the big games going out live on tv. You can pass all the exams in the world but you always need experience to make the right decisions in all walks of life, not just refereeing.

You can hear Lambert again here : -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9188207.stm

[/quote]

To be fair he did ok until the drop ball incident but everything from then onwards suggests a ref who lacks authority and therefore feels he needs to flash red cards to re-exert some authority on the game. The red card came out straight away without giving himself any time to think about the decision and from that moment onwards he got most things wrong (inlcuding booking Mills who got the bacll when he tackled Jackson).

If you look at this record this is the fourth or fifth time in a relatively short professional career where he has sent off 2 or more players in a game (he sent of 3 MK Dons players against Leeds last season) which again to me suggests that is his default reaction to try and keep control of games.

If he had handled the drop ball better then none of it would have happened!

It''s all down to experience Jim. Even managing to hold it together in pressure situations or even managing to keep control after a mistake. You cannot have that experience at 25 years of age. You can''t buy it, you can''t fast track it, you have to live it and learn from your mistakes. Big games in the top two divisions of English Football are not really the place to be gaining that experience.

Is there any way we can chip in and pay for his fine. It would send a hell of a message back to the footballing authorities that Lambert was 100% right with what he said. Also imagine if the media got tipped off about it -we''d make a mockery of such a stupid disciplinary system in this country.

Hopefully it would mean Michael Oliver never refereed us again.

[quote user="morty"]Yep, Lambo is going to take a spank for that one.

Well worth it though, and I would happily help chip in to pay his fine.

[:)]
[/quote]

I think most of us would chip in lol

There are a few City fans on twitter who could quickly spread the word about chipping in. The money from the fine would probably be going to charity anyway so it would be a doubly good cause.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]There are a few City fans on twitter who could quickly spread the word about chipping in. The money from the fine would probably be going to charity anyway so it would be a doubly good cause.[/quote]Would be amazing if we could pull it off, as someone said, it would really send a message 1) What we think of Lambert, 2) What we think of the decision and 3) How we are the best fans ever!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]There are a few City fans on twitter who could quickly spread the word about chipping in. The money from the fine would probably be going to charity anyway so it would be a doubly good cause.[/quote]

Would be amazing if we could pull it off, as someone said, it would really send a message 1) What we think of Lambert, 2) What we think of the decision and 3) How we are the best fans ever!
[/quote]

Goes without saying lol

Oh Dear. Mick Dennis on Talksport is backing the referee and saying that folks on here need to weigh up previous matches where referees have made mistakes in our favour recently. We could do without him saying that in the media just before the appeal comes up.

What worries me is that from some angles, because of the way Holt kind of twists to try and reach the ball, it looks a little like he''s trying to stick a boot in to Harte. Eventhough it''s obvious on replay he isn''t. This is presumably how the ref saw it. And now it seems, that tw*t Dennis. Thanks for that Mick. As for the ref, i don''t buy this whole ''pressure'' thing - he was under no pressure whatsoever to send Holt off. Not even the Reading fans reacted to it until they saw that a card was coming. He put himself under pressure by making a ridiculous decision. I was convinced he was going to send Lappin off as well! Up to then there was no pressure above and beyond a regular game. Albeit on Sky with its hundered or so viewers. Out of interest, who sent Holt off last year against Brentford at home?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]There are a few City fans on twitter who could quickly spread the word about chipping in. The money from the fine would probably be going to charity anyway so it would be a doubly good cause.[/quote]Would be amazing if we could pull it off, as someone said, it would really send a message 1) What we think of Lambert, 2) What we think of the decision and 3) How we are the best fans ever![/quote]Thats got some legs ! Need to set up a account like the online sponsorship one and then contact Norwich. But it would have to be someone with some clout, anyone got any "official" clout ?? Like sits on the fans board or something to do with the official side of Norwich ??

I agree - Morty this is genius. IF it is not over-turned, this will more than likely generate national publicity, get the incident shown again and again all over national media, and will show the nation what total c*cks the boy Oliver and the FA (for not over-turning) really are.Don''t see why it needs someone with clout - just need it to be publicised once it is set up. Shouldn''t be too hard should it Archant! But does need someone to organise it online and so on, and to hand over a big cheque afterwards, Camelot style! You offering Morty?I almost want this card to stick now! Almost.

er, just realised of course, this is about about the fine rather than the card itself. still the two are related. [:$]and no, definitely don''t want the card to stick!

This is about the almost inevitable charge and fine coming PL''s way - it is an affront to free speech if they charge him and this action would make the people who clog the game up with such silly charges look stupid.

I would happily set it up but as I''ve never met anyone on here and don''t have any "clout" with the club it wouldn''t get as much of an effect as if a couple of other people perhaps did this.

Davo

I know the usual suspects will now derail this thread BUT is this something you think NCISA could help with?

If so will be happy to put to committee on Wednesday.

[quote user="The Butler"]

I know the usual suspects will now derail this thread BUT is this something you think NCISA could help with?

If so will be happy to put to committee on Wednesday.

[/quote]Thats the kinda people I was thinking could head this maybes, thoughts ?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Set it up and, most importantly, get the club''s permission and we''ll happily plug it.
[/quote]

Yes Pete and make all dontions payable by paypal, and nominate a charity at the same time, Mine is going to Gt Ormand st hospital.

As I said could raise it and possibly NCISA could run with it  on behalf of ALL fans.

That''s the sort of role I see for NCISA.

Would be great all round if NCISA could pick up and with the idea of chipping with Lambo''s seemingly inevitable fine. Seems like a great opportunity to overturn a lot of the unfair negativity that seems to head their way possibly? ... Not to mention the message it''ll send to the FA and that twonk Oliver!

[quote user="book end"]How about adding to the mens cancer awareness movember? Would give it much more publicity.[/quote]

I think this disease is so hush-hushed or has been until recently, great idea [Y]

I am sorry but I lost respect for what Mick Dennis had to say a long time ago. I thought his assessment of the situation at the end of the Roeder era was out of touch with reality. Admittedly I relying on what Paul Moy has said but if this is correct once again I have to disagree Dennis again on two counts.

Firstly Dennis is correct that we were fortunate against Burnley in that Crofts clearly controlled the ball with his hand before scoring. It was a very poor decision as was the decision to send Holt off. Both decisions have cost Norwich and Burnley two points apiece. However that is where the similiarites end. We are losing one of our most influential players for three vital games because an inexperienced official has made an extremely poor decision. That cannot be taken lying down because potential damage which could be inflicted by the decision in the next three games could be much greater than two dropped points .

I also dont think the ''they even themselves out over a season'' school of thought which he seems to advocate is satisfactory. You want to games decided by the players ability not be the mistakes of officials. Oliver effectively decided the outcome of the West Brom v Blackpool game earlier in the season with a ridiculous red card very early on. Of course referees will not get everything right because its a human game with human failings. But championship clubs cannot be used as guinea pigs by the FA for referees such as Attwell and Oliver who are clearly not up to the pressure of refereeing important games at this moment.