Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Adam Le Fondre

I reckon he could do a good job for us, probably wouldn''t cost much more than Holt did and seems to have a knack of scoring a lot of goals. Is refusing to sign a new contract at Rotherham.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_6512669,00.html

I don''t think he''s anything that special to be honest and if Chris Martin and Grant Holt are finding it a lot harder to come by goals in this division then how much better will Le Fondre get on after stepping up 2 divisions?

Looks a bit lightweight to me and we''ve already got one lightweight (and expensive) striker in Simeon Jackson.

Don''t think I''d want him in the team ahead of Martin/Holt/Jackson.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Yeah right!!

Can you imagine Canary Call if we signed him

" I mean Neil that Lay Fondue bloke aint up to it"

[/quote]

That''s a classic canary call favourate ''but neil xxxx just aint up to it, is he neil?''

He would be a good aquisition but we don''t have loads of money, so if we are going to buy a striker then I would like someone a bit bigger in the Holt mould. 

And I''m not saying ''back up'' for Holt because if we are going to buy someone in the same mould than him then we need to look at someone better to improve the squad, not keep it at the same level as signing a ''back up'' player for Holt suggests. 

[quote user="GJP"]

I don''t think he''s anything that special to be honest and if Chris Martin and Grant Holt are finding it a lot harder to come by goals in this division then how much better will Le Fondre get on after stepping up 2 divisions?

Looks a bit lightweight to me and we''ve already got one lightweight (and expensive) striker in Simeon Jackson.

Don''t think I''d want him in the team ahead of Martin/Holt/Jackson.

[/quote]How can you describe Simeon Jackson as lightweight?What more could he have possibly done for us than he has done in the time that he has spent on the pitch so far this season?

[quote user="Boyo"]

He would be a good aquisition but we don''t have loads of money, so if we are going to buy a striker then I would like someone a bit bigger in the Holt mould. 

And I''m not saying ''back up'' for Holt because if we are going to buy someone in the same mould than him then we need to look at someone better to improve the squad, not keep it at the same level as signing a ''back up'' player for Holt suggests. 

[/quote]Spot on again Boyo [Y]Le Fondre is a good player, but not the type of player that we require at this time.

Cant see this one Lambert went for Jackson in the summer ahead of Le Fondre when it looked like Le Fondre was signing. In Lamberts eyes therefore Jackson must be a better player. Surely if we are there abouts and we really risked all ( cant see it happening ) we would be getting in someone who is simply going to score loads of goals and not another unproven striker at this level.