Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Injuries and selection tomorrow - attack the best form of defence

With no Korey or Gill our midfield options looks really, really limited tomorrow. In the circumstances unless S.Smith is back (couldn;t see any mention of him) or Surman is further on than Lambo is letting on (I would not be surprised if he is) then we basically have midfield option of Crofts, Fox, Macnamee and Hoolahan.

Would it be too attacking to play these 4 in the diamond? Personally I would be up for giving it a go since it appears we have no real choice!

Im a bit worried about tomorrow now. I just hope we dont go for a flat 4 in midfield with Wes on the left. Hopefully the twitter feed is correct that we''re looking to get a midfielder in on loan

With Lambert having little alternative but to play Lappin at LB with Drury and S.Smith still out, I''m really concerned that we''ll get over run in midfield, unless he manages to pull this loan signing off.

Assuming we have to go with what we''ve got I''d be tempted to swith things around tomorrow and change the formation and go with a 3-5-2:

Ruddy

Askou                                   Barnett                        Ward

R. Martin                                                              Crofts                                                   Lappin

Fox                                                               Hoolahan

C.Martin                            Holt

Fit midfielders seem to be Fox and Crofts, since Lappin seems likely to be at LB, so we shall be light there.

I guess that Hooly will come back, with Martin C. playing wide left. T-J can''t be fetched back, I assume.

The game surely too important to play one of the youngsters?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

With Lambert having little alternative but to play Lappin at LB with Drury and S.Smith still out, I''m really concerned that we''ll get over run in midfield, unless he manages to pull this loan signing off.

Assuming we have to go with what we''ve got I''d be tempted to swith things around tomorrow and change the formation and go with a 3-5-2:

Ruddy

Askou                                   Barnett                        Ward

R. Martin                                                              Crofts                                                   Lappin

Fox                                                               Hoolahan

C.Martin                            Holt

[/quote]

I quite like the look of that, considering all our injuries. It is a pitty Francomb wasn''t still on loan, as he could of had his chance instead of Askou

Cant see Lambo deserting the flat back 4 policy so I would go with this;           

Ruddy

Martin      Barnett   Ward   Lappin

Crofts     Fox

Martin         Hoolahan      MacNamee

Holt

Blimey. We are stretched. Dare we put Wes out on the left? I think the OP is right, we only really have attacking options left in midfield. Poor old Crofty is going to have to do all the spadework while all his colleagues around him - Fox, Hooly, Macca, bomb forward! 4-4 anyone?

[quote user="a1canary"]Blimey. We are stretched. Dare we put Wes out on the left? I think the OP is right, we only really have attacking options left in midfield. Poor old Crofty is going to have to do all the spadework while all his colleagues around him - Fox, Hooly, Macca, bomb forward! 4-4 anyone?[/quote]With all that to do it must be odds-on he''ll get booked and miss the Ipswich game.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

Cant see Lambo deserting the flat back 4 policy so I would go with this;           

Ruddy

Martin      Barnett   Ward   Lappin

Crofts     Fox

Martin         Hoolahan      MacNamee

Holt

[/quote]

^this.

Crofts

McNamee              Fox

Hoolahan

I wouldn''t mind at all if this was our midfield tomorrow, afterall it was the midfield used to batter Burnley during the 2nd half in that match. It might also encourage to get off to a quick start at home instead of falling behind and then having to chase it as has been the case in many home games so far this season.........BRING IT ON !!!

I assume Lambert will go in with a system like this:

Crofts, Fox

McNamee, Hoolahan, Martin

Holt

It didn''t work particularly well at Donny but at home it could be successful if the players understand their roles.

I think the team will be:

Ruddy

Martin    -   Barnett  -  Ward   -  Lappin

Crofts

Fox                                       Macnamee

Hoolahan

Martin                   Holt

Subs:

Rudd - Askou - Daley - Jackson - Johnson - Surman? - Habergham