Sign in to follow this  
ca

An evening with Kevin Drinkell & Ken Brown.

As the other thread got hi-jacked, thought it was worth reminding everyone again about this social event. [:)]

Following on from the story recently in the EDP about Kevin Drinkell''s autobiography, it seems an appropriate time to announce that Kevin, along with Ken Brown will be taking part in a fan''s forum ( organised by ncisa) with Kevin signing copies of his book and both being available to chat to about all things Norwich City and football in general.

The event is on Friday 26th November at 7.30pm and will take place at the No 10 Bowling Centre, Bowthorpe, Norwich 

Entry will be free to ncisa members, but non members can join via the website (www.ncisa.co.uk) or on the night at the door.

The cost on the night for non members is £5 which includes a year''s subscription plus once you''ve joined you can take advantage of other forums ncisa are hoping to organise in the near future ,plus take advantage of any special offers which become available for their members.

By the way Grimsby Town are organising a similar evening and charging £20 a head.

So ''''lets be aving you'''' wouldn''t it be good  to make the evening a success for our Kevin [:)]

Wish I could be there.

Hope you have a full house.

Since its only 5 quid you''ll be that much more able to buy the book. Remember Xmas is in the air. A great stocking-filler for little Johnny or Grandpa! 

Well done the organisers.

OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"]*bump*[/quote]

Due to the number of people who have expressed an interest in attending the evening because we wish to give Kevin Drinkell the best possible opportunity to recoup his costs for the weekend, which he is having to fund out of his own pocket, we have decided to add a third level of entry for those who wish to attend but not join Ncisa at a price of £10 per person.

Kevin was a great player for this club in an era when players received nothing like the salaries and benefits of today, so please come along and support him and enjoy and evening with two real City heroes.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]*bump*[/quote]

Due to the number of people who have expressed an interest in attending the evening because we wish to give Kevin Drinkell the best possible opportunity to recoup his costs for the weekend, which he is having to fund out of his own pocket, we have decided to add a third level of entry for those who wish to attend but not join Ncisa at a price of £10 per person.

Kevin was a great player for this club in an era when players received nothing like the salaries and benefits of today, so please come along and support him and enjoy and evening with two real City heroes.

[/quote]Better.... much better.Lets hope it''s a good night for Drinks.... and Ken Brown is sure to get the punters smiling.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Due to the number of people who have expressed an interest in attending the evening because we wish to give Kevin Drinkell the best possible opportunity to recoup his costs for the weekend, which he is having to fund out of his own pocket, we have decided to add a third level of entry for those who wish to attend but not join Ncisa at a price of £10 per person.[/quote]

Thats a good move in my opinion [:)]

I meant to say that its a good move to open it up to anyone, as people''s partners and friends might like to go but they might not want to join ncisa so like this everyone is happy.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]This thread keeps slipping down the page - what we need is an argument in here, to keep the thread near the top !

Any volunteers ?
[/quote]

What a Wally you are for suggesting such a thing.

Anyway my computer is faster than your computer[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]What a Wally you are for suggesting such a thing.

Anyway my computer is faster than your computer[/quote]There''s the irony - I could respond to a faster computer, yours just sits there like an impatient 5 year old waiting for you to catch up ! [;)]

Can someone confirm if the book will be available to purchase on the night and if its cash only?

Thanks!

[quote user="cityangel"]I meant to say that its a good move to open it up to anyone, as people''s partners and friends might like to go but they might not want to join ncisa so like this everyone is happy.[/quote]

Not to speak of husbands and wives!

Or is that now old-fashioned and politically incorrect?

[{] There we are. There''s an argument for you all just waiting to happen.

OTBC

[quote user="Ren"]Can someone confirm if the book will be available to purchase on the night and if its cash only? Thanks![/quote]

Yes very much so and that, as they say "is the important bit" from Kevins point of view.

Cash or cheques only(with bankers card)

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Ren"]Can someone confirm if the book will be available to purchase on the night and if its cash only? Thanks![/quote]

Yes very much so and that, as they say "is the important bit" from Kevins point of view.

Cash or cheques only(with bankers card)

[/quote]

I thought that would be the case but I could not see it mentioned anywhere. Thanks for confirming.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]This thread keeps slipping down the page - what we need is an argument in here, to keep the thread near the top !

Any volunteers ?
[/quote]

I`m up for it for old times sake blah- what`s the topic? [:P]

Work evenings so can`t be there but good luck with the evening and i`ll try and get hold of the book.  Drinkell was a superb player and regarded as a top bloke.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Any volunteers ?
[/quote]

Work evenings so can`t be there but good luck with the evening and i`ll try and get hold of the book.  Drinkell was a superb player and regarded as a top bloke.

[/quote]

If you want to get a book from the evening (wink wink) then I am sure we can arrange something for you via website.

Let me know

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Any volunteers ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you want to get a book from the evening (wink wink) then I am sure we can arrange something for you via website.

Let me know

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Any volunteers ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Let me know

[/quote]

That damned short term memory problem again.....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]Given the thread title, it could be quite difficult to get an argument started and stick to the subject - I mean both Drinks and Brown were great servants of the club, and gave us old enough to remember, and young enough not to forget, some great memories.Could NCISA take orders for the book through the website Mr Butler sir ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Given the thread title, it could be quite difficult to get an argument started and stick to the subject - I mean both Drinks and Brown were great servants of the club, and gave us old enough to remember, and young enough not to forget, some great memories.

Could NCISA take orders for the book through the website Mr Butler sir ?
[/quote]

Mr Blah sir I will see what we can do.

I am waiting a reply from the man himself then I can post a definative answer.

Watch this space as they say.

The double post was because I was faster than my computer. The ants and the sheeps heads have just been updated.[;)]

Far be it from me to help you guys start an argument whilst sticking to the subject. But if you put me on the spot I''d have to say the thing both guests have in common is that they were forced out by Robert Chase!

There you go boys, don''t shoot the messenger[;)]

Actually, buying the book through NCISA website would be a good option for those who can''t go. Rather like the Canary Challenge it would give exiled fans the chance to be included.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Given the thread title, it could be quite difficult to get an argument started and stick to the subject - I mean both Drinks and Brown were great servants of the club, and gave us old enough to remember, and young enough not to forget, some great memories.

[/quote]

Mr Blah sir I will see what we can do.

I am waiting a reply from the man himself then I can post a definative answer.

Watch this space as they say.

The double post was because I was faster than my computer. The ants and the sheeps heads have just been updated.[;)]

[/quote]

Good to see that Ponder Stibbons has been putting a shift in!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]He is also at waterstones on the derby day [y] for those who cant make the meeting.[/quote]

Thank you for that Nana but just ask your Dad why our meeting is better BEFORE you post next time.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just heard from Kevin, they will be on sale on the night and I will setup something on our website.

As we are limited on what we have it may have to be a signed book postage and packing and a book of raffle tickets for £20.00 (2x£10)

Still a great offer.

Anyone wants then let me know through contact@ncisa.co.uk

[quote user="cityangel"]

How much will the book be on the evening please?

[/quote]

Retail £14.99 but £12 on the night direct from the man himself

[quote user="cityangel"]

As the other thread got hi-jacked, thought it was worth reminding everyone again about this social event. [:)]

Following on from the story recently in the EDP about Kevin Drinkell''s autobiography, it seems an appropriate time to announce that Kevin, along with Ken Brown will be taking part in a fan''s forum ( organised by ncisa) with Kevin signing copies of his book and both being available to chat to about all things Norwich City and football in general.

The event is on Friday 26th November at 7.30pm and will take place at the No 10 Bowling Centre, Bowthorpe, Norwich 

Entry will be free to ncisa members, but non members can join via the website (www.ncisa.co.uk) or on the night at the door.

The cost on the night for non members is £5 which includes a year''s subscription plus once you''ve joined you can take advantage of other forums ncisa are hoping to organise in the near future ,plus take advantage of any special offers which become available for their members.

By the way Grimsby Town are organising a similar evening and charging £20 a head.

So ''''lets be aving you'''' wouldn''t it be good  to make the evening a success for our Kevin [:)]

[/quote]

City Angel I will be there awaiting the purchase of the raffle tickets you promised to buy off me & of course your company for the evening!

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

City Angel I will be there awaiting the purchase of the raffle tickets you promised to buy off me & of course your company for the evening!

[/quote]

Hands off, I saw her first![;)]