Sign in to follow this  
Lord Horn

Men in Jackets and Plod

Anyone know whether the Club makes a decision in advance on whether or not to keep the slobbering Yorkshire hoards behind gates whilst we all exit in safety on Saturday or do they make a snap decision on the day and then let the Jackets and Plod leave them to their evil doings whilst cowering in fear?

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Anyone know whether the Club makes a decision in advance on whether or not to keep the slobbering Yorkshire hoards behind gates whilst we all exit in safety on Saturday or do they make a snap decision on the day and then let the Jackets and Plod leave them to their evil doings whilst cowering in fear?[/quote]

Whatever the police decide I do hope they aren''t going to let some of they coaches stop in Dereham town centre this year after last years fiasco there.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Anyone know whether the Club makes a decision in advance on whether or not to keep the slobbering Yorkshire hoards behind gates whilst we all exit in safety on Saturday or do they make a snap decision on the day and then let the Jackets and Plod leave them to their evil doings whilst cowering in fear?[/quote]

Whatever the police decide I do hope they aren''t going to let some of they coaches stop in Dereham town centre this year after last years fiasco there.

[/quote]

Yes CA, I''m sure they would be unpleasant wherever they stop off!  You''d hope that lessons would have been learnt from last season but somehow I doubt it!

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]The full works apparently[/quote]

That''ll be the armed response unit as well then....[:D]

Why are Leeds fans such scum?

There must be some decent ones, but tbh, i think they are a lot worse than the Ipswich fans, more chance of violence etc against Leeds than the derby....

[quote user="Pied As A Mattress"]I can confirm that Police Horses have been sent for as there are extremely strong suggestions from Leeds that some of the "Old School" are coming down[/quote]

Where are the police horses coming from then?  As AFAIK Norfolk doesn''t have police horses, and haven''t had them for a while.  Could be very costly

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Pied As A Mattress"]I can confirm that Police Horses have been sent for as there are extremely strong suggestions from Leeds that some of the "Old School" are coming down[/quote]

Where are the police horses coming from then?  As AFAIK Norfolk doesn''t have police horses, and haven''t had them for a while.  Could be very costly

[/quote]

Previously, haven''t they trotted over from Nottingham or somewhere?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why are Leeds fans such scum? There must be some decent ones, but tbh, i think they are a lot worse than the Ipswich fans, more chance of violence etc against Leeds than the derby....[/quote]

Hmmmm, interesting point and we now have something in common with our Ipswich ''friends'' in our dislike of the Yorkshire filth.  But as my 9 year old daughter reminds me ''Always sit on the old Blue and White'' - she hasn''t quite sussed the proper words yet. [:D]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why are Leeds fans such scum?

There must be some decent ones, but tbh, i think they are a lot worse than the Ipswich fans, more chance of violence etc against Leeds than the derby....[/quote]

*Puts hand up*

Decent Leeds fan here (living in Norwich).

I think the reason is passion...expressed in the wrong way by some fans, especially after a few drinks.

Most of my family support Leeds as do a few friends and they''re some of the most decent people I know (I may be slightly biased though). The passion I feel from these guys, especially the older ones is not matched by any supporter of any other team I know.

Hopefully, the game on Saturday will have a more relaxed atmosphere than the game last season at Carrow Road. That game had the added spark because you''d taken advantage of our woeful form and a lot of our fans probably took out their frustrations (at Leeds) on Norwich.

As far as I''m concerned there''s never been any hate/rivalry between Leeds and Norwich, so there''s really no reason for an all-round bad atmosphere, but as with any club Leeds have their mindless idiots that might try to spoil it for the rest.

Here''s hoping for a good game (and a Leeds win ;-))

Hopefully, the game on Saturday will have a more relaxed atmosphere than the game last season at Carrow Road. That game had the added spark because you''d taken advantage of our woeful form and a lot of our fans probably took out their frustrations (at Leeds) on Norwich.

Yeah right, 5,6 and 7 year old kids you mean there were plenty of Leeds supporters brave enough to be threatening the kids and that was before the game when they thought they were going to win. I do hope I am wrong but I just have a feeling on Saturday we are going to see scenes from the 80s.

Lambert Is King

If that happened then it''s completely wrong, I agree. Not that it makes it any better, but I witnessed my mates lad (Leeds fan, about 14) getting started on by an adult Norwich fan, he actually asked the kid if he wanted a fight, and this kid was completely minding his own business. This was before the game.

Afterwards, me and the old man were followed from the ground by a bunch of idiots (who were Norwich fans) threatening us and trying to spit on us, until we reached the Compleat Angler, at which point they quickly scuttled away.

The point is, all fans have their idiots. Leeds maybe more so, the stats are out there to prove that, but don''t tar us all with the same brush.

Like I said, Leeds and Norwich have no historic rivalry to speak of, so I can''t see why there should be much trouble on Saturday, except for the few isolated incidents.

SDP, is there anyway you could find out from the club and Police what measures will be taken, after the debacle of last seasons match being declared a Policing success I would feel alot happier if I knew the away fans were being kept in after the match.

[quote user="Mattress"]I can confirm that Police Horses have been sent for as there are extremely strong suggestions from Leeds that some of the "Old School" are coming down[/quote]

I''ve heard that Tilly has been having riding lessons and is hoping to make a comeback for this game.

He is though having problems finding a well trained filly to ride.........

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mattress"]I can confirm that Police Horses have been sent for as there are extremely strong suggestions from Leeds that some of the "Old School" are coming down[/quote]

I''ve heard that Tilly has been having riding lessons and is hoping to make a comeback for this game.

[/quote]

...I heard he''s looking for one that takes a bit in the mouth with no problems [:P]

[/quote]As self-proclaimed '' fanny magnet '' and Norfolk''s answer to Barry White he''ll be trampled underfoot in the stampede surely ?

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Anyone know whether the Club makes a decision in advance on whether or not to keep the slobbering Yorkshire hoards behind gates whilst we all exit in safety on Saturday or do they make a snap decision on the day and then let the Jackets and Plod leave them to their evil doings whilst cowering in fear?[/quote]After last season''s enbarrassing cock-up at the end of the Leeds game I''ll be surprised if the Old Bill don''t come down heavy on this one to try and get back some credibility.It was only by luck that there wasn''t serious disorder outside the ground last time. Plod won''t want to look so stupid on Saturday.

[quote user="LFD"] *Puts hand up* Decent Leeds fan here (living in Norwich). I think the reason is passion...expressed in the wrong way by some fans, especially after a few drinks. Most of my family support Leeds as do a few friends and they''re some of the most decent people I know (I may be slightly biased though). The passion I feel from these guys, especially the older ones is not matched by any supporter of any other team I know. Hopefully, the game on Saturday will have a more relaxed atmosphere than the game last season at Carrow Road. That game had the added spark because you''d taken advantage of our woeful form and a lot of our fans probably took out their frustrations (at Leeds) on Norwich. As far as I''m concerned there''s never been any hate/rivalry between Leeds and Norwich, so there''s really no reason for an all-round bad atmosphere, but as with any club Leeds have their mindless idiots that might try to spoil it for the rest. Here''s hoping for a good game (and a Leeds win ;-))[/quote]

There is a big difference between being a passionate fan and a hooligan.  A passionate fan is someone who gets behind their team, supports them home and away and creates a good atmosphere, these ''passionate'' Leeds fans you go on about are hooligans.  I''m sure there are a lot of passionate fans like I have described but you have a lot of hooligans aswell.  If you want a good example of passionate fans then look no further than Norwich City (or Newcastle and Sunderland if you want to look a bit closer to home!).

I have a feeling that there is going to be quite a lot of trouble before and after the game and I doubt it will be started from Norwich fans.

[/quote]

Nasty images in my head now lol

Boyo.....

Bloody hell,if you think the Geordies and Mckams are a "great bunch" than you havent had the pleasure of having darts thrown at you by them!!

Also i''m not sticking up for the dirty Leeds but we did have a fair few out ourselfs last season down riverside and P.O.Ws

[/quote]

The fillies that i ride do not get taken down to Carrow Road,they get taken to heaven and back[;)]

Anyway the days of me having a sweaty old nag between my legs are still some way off Lapp being the Fanny Magnet that i am.[:D]

[quote user="Slightly Askou"]Tilly, did you ever get any answers to the problems with Leeds last season?
[/quote]

I had several conversations with PC Andy King which would only go over old ground if i even tried to sum up what went on but i think you will see a far stronger Police presence this Saturday more along the lines of what we expect is the norm for Ipswich games.

Idiots like you make me laugh.Norwich has its fair share of old school hooligans. Who were out in numbers last year.Outside the complete angler I saw two lads who were involved in the trouble in leicester(but you dont have hooligans) and on bans after a spell.We were having a drink and a bit of banter when we were confronted by the norwich lads who had been drinking further up POW road. One of the lads(norwich) has some lovely scars on his arm were he got attached to a police dogI have known most of these lads for over 25 yrs but these are not the ones that are doing the complaining. Its the little fookin idiots who give it the billy big bollocks and then cry like babies when someone goes BOO.I saw plenty of shirts giving it the throat slash and "galatasaray". if you give it be prepared to take it.

IF, and that''s a big if, any Norwich fans were giving out the rumoured Galatasaray chants, then they are as much scum as the fans who acted violently last year. All teams have their ''hooligans'' but, for one reason or another Leeds seem to have more than most. I''m just hoping theres minimal trouble on Saturday but a cracking atmosphere in and around the ground. What a week we have with Leeds and Ipsh*t at home in 8 days! Can''t wait! OTBC. Lets enjoy the footy and not let the immature thugs ruin it for the majority!