Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Why does Crofts get a 2 match ban if he gets another yellow?

Is it because of his previous suspension or it it just a mistake in the article on the front page?

Seems very harsh if correct.

That makes no sense at all to me. Surely that means he''s being punished twice for the same thing?

First punishment - a one game ban for two bookings in a match and the susbsequent red card

Second punishment - staying on 4 yellows and then getting a two game ban for accumulating 5.

A fair result would surely be either a two game ban for getting 6 yellows, or 1 game ban for the red and 1 game ban for 5 yellows?

Stoooopid.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]It''s not a mistake. It''s because of his red card.
[/quote]

Pete

I am perfectly happy to be proven wrong (or perhaps happy is the wrong phrase given i would not want Crofts to be suspended for 2 games) on this but I am not sure that is correct having looked at the FA Rules.

You get an extra game if you get sent off and you''ve already served a suspension for being sent off (or for something missed by the ref but caught on video etc) or if you get 5 more yellow cards and you''ve already served one game suspension for 5 yellow cards but as far as i can see (FA Rulebook page 330) 5 yellows is simply a 1 game suspension and there is no mention of an extra game for having had a red previously?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]It''s not a mistake. It''s because of his red card.[/quote]

Pete

I am perfectly happy to be proven wrong (or perhaps happy is the wrong phrase given i would not want Crofts to be suspended for 2 games) on this but I am not sure that is correct having looked at the FA Rules.

You get an extra game if you get sent off and you''ve already served a suspension for being sent off (or for something missed by the ref but caught on video etc) or if you get 5 more yellow cards and you''ve already served one game suspension for 5 yellow cards but as far as i can see (FA Rulebook page 330) 5 yellows is simply a 1 game suspension and there is no mention of an extra game for having had a red previously?

[/quote]That''s what we were told by the football club...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]It''s not a mistake. It''s because of his red card.
[/quote]

Pete

[/quote]

That''s what we were told by the football club...
[/quote]

Well I would guess the club should know these things. If only we knew some journalists who are trained to look into these things who could find out eh!

I too have been taking a look at the rulebook and I''m with

Jim on this.

If a player is sent off for two yellows having already been suspended under the

totting up process, then they would be subject to a two match ban, but from my interpretation

of the laws reaching 5 yellow cards irrespective of the number of reds a player

has received is only a one match ban.Maybe Archant should do some research and inform the club...

[quote user="Matt Juler"]

I too have been taking a look at the rulebook and I''m with

Jim on this.

If a player is sent off for two yellows having already been suspended under the

totting up process, then they would be subject to a two match ban, but from my interpretation

of the laws reaching 5 yellow cards irrespective of the number of reds a player

has received is only a one match ban.Maybe Archant should do some research and inform the club...

[/quote]Just spoke to the FA. It''s just the one game if he does get booked. Best inform the club....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Matt Juler"]

I too have been taking a look at the rulebook and I''m with Jim on this.

If a player is sent off for two yellows having already been suspended under the totting up process, then they would be subject to a two match ban, but from my interpretation of the laws reaching 5 yellow cards irrespective of the number of reds a player has received is only a one match ban.

Maybe Archant should do some research and inform the club...

[/quote]

Just spoke to the FA. It''s just the one game if he does get booked. Best inform the club....
[/quote]

Thanks Pete - good work! Good to know I can still make sense of a rule book (although it does seem unecessarily complicated!)

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Matt Juler"]

I too have been taking a look at the rulebook and I''m with Jim on this. If a player is sent off for two yellows having already been suspended under the totting up process, then they would be subject to a two match ban, but from my interpretation of the laws reaching 5 yellow cards irrespective of the number of reds a player has received is only a one match ban.Maybe Archant should do some research and inform the club...

[/quote]Just spoke to the FA. It''s just the one game if he does get booked. Best inform the club....[/quote]

Thanks Pete - good work! Good to know I can still make sense of a rule book (although it does seem unecessarily complicated!)

[/quote]The FA Handbook is essential reading if you have trouble sleeping.

Well I dont want him to miss the Ipswich game so would rather he got himself a yellow card against reading and missed Leeds.

Its a certainity that he wont go uncarded for both Reading and Leeds, he''s tough tackler.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Well I dont want him to miss the Ipswich game so would rather he got himself a yellow card against reading and missed Leeds.

Its a certainity that he wont go uncarded for both Reading and Leeds, he''s tough tackler.

[/quote]

I think I agree. Whilst any game is only worth 3 points I think Ipswich are a better side than Leeds and I really want us to be at full strength for that one and give a good account of ourselves. Leeds are decent away but i still think we could get something from that game without him.

You never know. I agree its unlikely but maybe he won''t get booked in either

I think it''s perfectly feasible that he''ll avoid bookings against Reading and Leeds - he''s only been booked 5 (or 6) times in 18 matches. So on the assumption of 1 booking every 3 games he''ll get one against Ipswich...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Matt Juler"]

I too have been taking a look at the rulebook and I''m with Jim on this.

If a player is sent off for two yellows having already been suspended under the totting up process, then they would be subject to a two match ban, but from my interpretation of the laws reaching 5 yellow cards irrespective of the number of reds a player has received is only a one match ban.

Maybe Archant should do some research and inform the club...

[/quote]

Just spoke to the FA. It''s just the one game if he does get booked. Best inform the club....
[/quote]

[/quote]

The FA Handbook is essential reading if you have trouble sleeping.
[/quote]

I''ll give that a try then, my sleeping pills don''t work

Be a good boy today Crofts, no yellow card please as we need you for next week [:)]