Sign in to follow this  
Mollie250

The Keane ultimatum rumour gathers momentum

Surely the result of the most eager anticipated derby in years will have a great impact on the final decision Marcus Evans makes in respect of Roy Keane. With rumours of just ''three matches to turn it around'' it will make for compulsive viewing for fans and neutrals alike. With journalists starting to smell blood it will be interesting if Keane selects a side less likely to lose rather than one which he believes could win.  

Roll on next Sunday and lets hope we can help bring the curtain down on Keane''s tenure.

OTBC

I don''t you have quite grasped what is going on at poorman road Mollie. Yours is the first airing of this so called 3 match rumour.

The paupers are cutting back their playing squad. Fair play to keane he has spoke out about this numerous times pointing out where players have been identified yet the funds have not been fortcoming. Clegg stated yesyerday that virtually the whole squad can go unless they fit into the club''s perception of their worth when it comes to signing new contacts.

setting aside that the binners are not the most brightest of loyal fans Keane''s recent expressed frustration is with a fanbase that still appear not to have a clue about what is going on. A few injuries and a suspension and the squad is down to the bare bones with the taem patched up with kids and aged loanees.

Sure the finger can be pointed at him with regard to some of the dross he has signed but having to turf out nearly 20 players in the summer, seeing your standby striker being the boy blunder, a clumsy oaf that has found it''s not so easy to shove senior professionals out of your way as it is with underdeveloped 16 year olds, is not anyway to build a squad.

The one fear Evans must now have is how tight is the confidentiality clause in Keane''s contract. Keane is not skint and will do as he sees fit. That could mean telling the real story - something that the recent accounts point towards.

Whether he leaves now, after the derby or at the end of the season is not that important a matter for City fans.

A grubby little club where not only the manager, but now players have expressed their dislike of their fans, is something that we have to hold our nose and tolerate stinking out our ground for a few hours.

Roll on next sunday when the club can get out the CillitBin and remove the stench of stale manure and bullsh!t from the away end part of the South stand.

Isn''t this such fun ?I''m really surprised that Keane''s still hanging in there. He''s got more money than he knows what to do with so I can''t fathom out his motivation in taking the job on in the first place. It''s also surprising to hear that they''re pulling in the purse strings at Portman Road. The shadowy figure of Marcus Evans is alledgedly

( note to self : don''t press '' send '' until message is typed....)..........worth a king''s ransom so it''s all very puzzling trying to work out exactly what is going on.One good thing is that with all this disarray in their camp we must have one of our best chances in recent years of a comfortable 90 minutes on the 28th. I''m far more confident of the three points then than I am tomorrow.

I would hold off on the confidence.  Whenever we seem to think we will have a good Derby we manage to get beat.  A Derby win would certainly feel good, but in no way should we be expecting those wins at this point, especially at home.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I would hold off on the confidence.  Whenever we seem to think we will have a good Derby we manage to get beat.  A Derby win would certainly feel good, but in no way should we be expecting those wins at this point, especially at home. [/quote]Point taken NYC but anyone who knows me would tell you that I''m normally less than confident almost everytime City take to the field ( Glass half empty theory : expect the worst then you may be pleasantly surprised ? )That said I''m feeling good about the 28th......( Cue : It all goes Pete Tong )

[quote user="City1st"]I don''t you have quite grasped what is going on at poorman road Mollie. Yours is the first airing of this so called 3 match rumour.

The paupers are cutting back their playing squad. Fair play to keane he has spoke out about this numerous times pointing out where players have been identified yet the funds have not been fortcoming. Clegg stated yesyerday that virtually the whole squad can go unless they fit into the club''s perception of their worth when it comes to signing new contacts.

setting aside that the binners are not the most brightest of loyal fans Keane''s recent expressed frustration is with a fanbase that still appear not to have a clue about what is going on. A few injuries and a suspension and the squad is down to the bare bones with the taem patched up with kids and aged loanees.

Sure the finger can be pointed at him with regard to some of the dross he has signed but having to turf out nearly 20 players in the summer, seeing your standby striker being the boy blunder, a clumsy oaf that has found it''s not so easy to shove senior professionals out of your way as it is with underdeveloped 16 year olds, is not anyway to build a squad.

The one fear Evans must now have is how tight is the confidentiality clause in Keane''s contract. Keane is not skint and will do as he sees fit. That could mean telling the real story - something that the recent accounts point towards.

Whether he leaves now, after the derby or at the end of the season is not that important a matter for City fans.

A grubby little club where not only the manager, but now players have expressed their dislike of their fans, is something that we have to hold our nose and tolerate stinking out our ground for a few hours.

Roll on next sunday when the club can get out the CillitBin and remove the stench of stale manure and bullsh!t from the away end part of the South stand.[/quote]Well said.  I ♥ this post.And let''s hope we send them packing with zero points and their trousers round their ankles.

[quote]it''s all very puzzling trying to work out exactly what is going on.[/quote]ME moving the assets out of ITFC, into ME plc, and leaving the debts to administrate again, or to sell on to a mug who wants to "save the club", probably.If ME wants promotion, he''s not trying very hard financially to get it.

[quote user="City1st"]I don''t you have quite grasped what is going on at poorman road Mollie. Yours is the first airing of this so called 3 match rumour. The paupers are cutting back their playing squad. Fair play to keane he has spoke out about this numerous times pointing out where players have been identified yet the funds have not been fortcoming. Clegg stated yesyerday that virtually the whole squad can go unless they fit into the club''s perception of their worth when it comes to signing new contacts. setting aside that the binners are not the most brightest of loyal fans Keane''s recent expressed frustration is with a fanbase that still appear not to have a clue about what is going on. A few injuries and a suspension and the squad is down to the bare bones with the taem patched up with kids and aged loanees. Sure the finger can be pointed at him with regard to some of the dross he has signed but having to turf out nearly 20 players in the summer, seeing your standby striker being the boy blunder, a clumsy oaf that has found it''s not so easy to shove senior professionals out of your way as it is with underdeveloped 16 year olds, is not anyway to build a squad. The one fear Evans must now have is how tight is the confidentiality clause in Keane''s contract. Keane is not skint and will do as he sees fit. That could mean telling the real story - something that the recent accounts point towards. Whether he leaves now, after the derby or at the end of the season is not that important a matter for City fans. A grubby little club where not only the manager, but now players have expressed their dislike of their fans, is something that we have to hold our nose and tolerate stinking out our ground for a few hours. Roll on next sunday when the club can get out the CillitBin and remove the stench of stale manure and bullsh!t from the away end part of the South stand.[/quote]

I have to say City1st that you take hatred of our Heathen Brothers to another level. I salute you Sir.

"it''s all very puzzling trying to work out exactly what is going on"

Not really. A division pf Marcus Evans (Marcus Evans Investments) own 87.5 % of Ipswich Town football Club Company. ITFC Plc own the other 12.5% of the company.

ITFC Plc is all the previous shareholders reduced to that little bit of the club

MEI paid

- £3.9m to buy that 87.5 % of the club

it then lent another

- £8.1m to meet ingoing debt payments

MEI paid an unknown sum to Norwich Union to takeover their £25M debt

Currently MEI is charging interest on

the £8.1m loan and

the £25m former NU debt (not the sum he paid!)

It is not unlikely that at some point assets held by Ipswich Town football Club Company could be transfered to MEI in lieu of dent payments.ie Playford Road.

What is not unknown is that 20 players were got rid of this summer. Incoming money was not used to strengthen the squad. That was patched up with cheap loanees and short tem codgers.

Virtually all the remaing squad are out of contract next June as are the loanees, only earlier in their case. This is not coincidence, it suggests a prior intent that certainly doesn''t bode well for our impoverished neighbours. It further suggests that things could look pretty bleak come next May. Keane has said that he has no imput in contract negotiations and also stated that he was not only suprised by who he could not sign but who were sold.

So with both him and the remaing 20 or so players not knowing their future it is no way to plan for the future unless it is to be year zero where the paupers start from scratch and see if they can completely rebuild not only a team but a squad.

Expect a few to either jump ship or be sold in January. Undoubtedly this will see season ticket sales plummet further.

Perhaps we should get one of these ''hinvestors'' - might be a lot easier to get tickets at Carrow Road and the dimished crowd could then cheer to their hearts content - albeit the other team as it passes the ball around.

RIPswich

Why do people want to see the end of Keanes reign at Ipswich, it makes no sense to me because i would have thought it better he stay in his job and continue to make Ipswich inconsistant thus keeping them mid-table or lower so opening the way for City to push on for the play offs or higher.

City since 1966

OTBC

[quote user="spm2866"]Why do people want to see the end of Keanes reign at Ipswich, [/quote]For me, it''s the optimistic belief that they''d turn to an unemployed football manager, currently living in Stowmarket, to turn things round.

Ipsswich wont sack Keane1. they cant afford to.2. they are scared to, Ipswich are deluded into seeing themselves as a "Big" club and need a profile manager... Keane is just that, a player who won things under the best manager in the business and speaks his mind.The binners know if they give Keane the elbow then the fans are going to demand a big name... a Gordon Strachan, a Martin O Neill, Ipswich neither have the financial pull or the infrastructure to attract such a manager.a name will want backing... the binners have none... On the other hand if they appoint another "jim Magilton" virtual unknown the fans will never give him a chance, they now feel with Marcus Evans "bankrolling" them (he isn''t.. we all already know this) that they should be a premiership side...a clueless manager, a weak board and an owner that doesnt care as he bleeds more in interest payments out of the club...Enjoy Rochdale next season Ipswich...