Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Tight League Getting Tighter

This league is truly tight with almost any side capable of beating another on the day. Infact, it is so tight four draws has seen Norwich sitting just of the shoulders of the top six sides.

Looking at the teams down the bottom I can only see the situation increasing as the season progresses. Christmas will be particularly interesting.

As a Norwich supporter I see some very narrow margins that have denied us an additional six points from the last three games. I also see how the spirit and attitude of the team has left us undefeated when in the past we would have lost the last two. Like others I am wondering just what the missing ingredient is. Luck is an issue but it seems we are close but not there as a winning side.

Perhaps, the return of Drury will turn things and to a lesser extent: Korey. Crofts needs to get back into the defensive role, take a booking if it comes but certainly get back to being combative. A fit Surman will also give us that final ball and set piece advantage.

Wes looked like a missing ingredient today and I would play him ahead of Fox any day.

We have just played some tough games with a depleted squad and I want to praise Simon Lappin for his efforts at left back. It isn''t his position but he has given it everything.

The fact is: if we can get a strong squad together soon and win back to back or ideally three in a row we will suddenly be right in the mix. The tightness of the league is to our advantage as we are becoming consistently hard to beat. We only need to fing the spark and a run and we will be right in there and, thanks to Lambert, continuing to punch well above our weight.

I would love to see us competing for a play off all season and get into the final mix because anything could happen.

So glad to be back in the Championship. It is a cracking league. As a match going fan, probably the most exciting in Europe and usually quality football as well.

We''ve suddenly become a tough side to beat under Lambert, if we''re not already, we''re really not that far from being serious contenders come May. Other than perhaps Cardiff i''ve not seen any sides that are particularly far ahead of us. Hopefully we can keep the stubborn streak going but turn a few of these recent draws into victories.