Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

just what will it take to keep Barnett here?

a goal and a man of the match performance from Leon today, with WBA doing better than thought in the premier league we have a chance of keeping him beyond January.McNally has said that funds will be limited, if any in the transfer window. Lambert knows what he has to work with and who he may have to sacrifice in order to bring people in.Has the sale of the land allowed us to free up funds for Barnett?How much will WBA want for a "reserve" player who is doing well and sure to have a few clubs enquiring as well?are we in a sell to buy situation and will we have to do this? how would fans react if Korey Smith, Wes Hoolahan or Chris Martin were sold off to finance a player and keep the wolves from the door?

Well it appears Lambo wants Barnett and after tonights interview it seems Barnett wants Norwich.I have a sneaking suspicion that the deal in reality is already done, just have to wait and see. I reckon WBA will want 1m- 1.5m considering his form that said if other clubs are sniffing then I think that could go to 2m maybe even 3m given the current financial situation and the calibre of sniffing clubs.Although that said with his contract expireing in the Summer we could get lucky and land him for a lot less.I feel best thing to do is get him on loan to the end of the season and pay a higher loan fee maybe even 500k ( if we can afford it ) then grab him on a free in the close season.As for letting a player go I do not see it viable to release Chrissy or Wes as both are to damn important. And please dont mention selling Korey as hes the brightest player at the club for me considering his ability and age.If we are going to release any first string players then we should be looking at waving farewell to Nelson or Gill or maybe even Oli Johnson or Cody McDonald.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Well it appears Lambo wants Barnett and after tonights interview it seems Barnett wants Norwich.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the deal in reality is already done, just have to wait and see. I reckon WBA will want 1m- 1.5m considering his form that said if other clubs are sniffing then I think that could go to 2m maybe even 3m given the current financial situation and the calibre of sniffing clubs.

Although that said with his contract expireing in the Summer we could get lucky and land him for a lot less.
I feel best thing to do is get him on loan to the end of the season and pay a higher loan fee maybe even 500k ( if we can afford it ) then grab him on a free in the close season.

As for letting a player go I do not see it viable to release Chrissy or Wes as both are to damn important. And please dont mention selling Korey as hes the brightest player at the club for me considering his ability and age.

If we are going to release any first string players then we should be looking at waving farewell to Nelson or Gill or maybe even Oli Johnson or Cody McDonald.
[/quote]

he wont go for anywhere near 2m, with just 6month left at WBA and pretty much no future id say we could get him for 500k. A snip of his true value wich probably is 2-3 million on a full contract.

How can WBA even ask for over £1 million for a player they don''t need/want who''s contract is going to expire in the summer, and even if offered a new one, i doubt he would take it....

And i have seen a few comments about all these other ''interested'' parties..who? I haven''t seen any other clubs come out and say they plan on buying Barnett in Jan...correct me if i''m wrong.

I think in this case, its as simple as, if he wants to join Norwich he will do.

Its more than possible we had a pre-aranged fee, and Lambert was planing on buying him all along. Or worst case, he refuses to sign for anyone else in Jan, so we get him back on loan for the rest of the season just so WBA don''t have to pay his wages...

I think it is a pretty safe bet that Barnett will stay here in January.  Whether it is a permanent deal or an extension on the loan is another matter though.  I doubt he will cost loads so I doubt we will be selling Korey, Martin or Hoolahan for him.

Maybe strap him to a chair and offer some magic beans, I would love to see him here on a full time basis but I fear another Tiny Taylor story may unfold.

If we''re to bring in Barnett, he shouldn''t cost any more than £500-700k what with his contract situation at WBA, i''m not sure we have that kind of money lying around as the club is still struggling to balance the books but if a couple of players were to be moved on and off the wage bill, eg. Askou and Tudor-Jones then we could go out and bring in a player of Barnett''s calibre.

[quote user="Gingerpele"] And i have seen a few comments about all these other ''interested'' parties..who? I haven''t seen any other clubs come out and say they plan on buying Barnett in Jan...correct me if i''m wrong. [/quote]i agree with all you said but the above comment is like the old "we cant sack him who do we replace him with?".. just because no ones come out and said they want him doesn''t mean no one does...we hadn''t actually said that either remember!?

I''d be surprised, especially given he is out of contract soon, that WBA would not accept a bid of half a million.

Barnett had a good game today, especially with his saving headers in his own penalty area in the second half.

I hope we sign him but I don''t expect this to be at any cost.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]He will sign a 3 year contract in Jan with us!![/quote]Any chance of the winner of the 2.10 at Newmarket lad.

[quote user="Twitchy"]I would love to see him here on a full time basis but I fear another Tiny Taylor story may unfold.
[/quote]

That sounds like a Wiz-ism[:P]