Sign in to follow this  
Heresyourfathersgun

Its all going wrong, or not

One win in eight, mini injury crisis, the toughest run of fixtures you would want; yet we''re 6 points off third, have come very close to taking maximum points in several recent games and not looked like caving in to anyone.

I''m more than happy all things considered

Agreed - we are doing well considering the injury toll and the recent set of tougher fixtures, not to mention the Holt red card farce.

When Surman is fully match fit, Korey returns and Drury back, plus useful stand-ins in Hughes and Smith S, we shall be a much stronger proposition.

With steadier finishing against Leeds, and no stupid red car for Holt, we could have had four more points and be much closer to the top.

have to agree with this

if we can start putting that round thing in the netty thing than we could possible start to thrash a few teams,

somebody''s got a beaten coming, maybe sunday...

''if we can start putting that round thing in the netty thing than we could possible start to thrash a few teams''

Thats easier said than done though isn''t it?

Why didn''t we win yesterday?

Last week we could (and can) blame the ref, but what about the other draws we have had in the last 10 games...and two of our last 3 wins weren''t at all convincing (Leicester and Boro).

I''m normally very positive about our results and future, but i''m finding it very hard, yes we are still in a great position at the moment, but how long can we stay there in out current form?

I said/thought before the Leeds game, we really need to win these next two, and we couldn''t do it yesterday, can we do it next sunday?

I really hope so...

Its funny how you can use statistics to look at it both ways

on the one hand thats only 1 win in 8 or alternatively we are on a 4 match unbeaten run!!

Overall, the way I see it is - if at the start of the season I was told this is where we would be at this stage Id have taken it

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]One win in eight, mini injury crisis, the toughest run of fixtures you would want; yet we''re 6 points off third, have come very close to taking maximum points in several recent games and not looked like caving in to anyone. I''m more than happy all things considered[/quote]

Totally agree. Just cast your mind back to two seasons ago when we were getting relegated. This football is a world away from the dire, loan based rubbish that we watched that ,and previous, season(s). Yesterday we could have had two or three more, looked good going forward, loaded the box and I believe that we were thoroughly entertained. We should have beaten Reading, and Millwall , could have won yesterday, and against Burnley. Look at the stats yesterday - 10 attempts on target, 6 off target and 14 corners. Remember the Gunn and Roeder days? Or the Grant fiasco? Hamilton?   Full houses, attacking substitutions; I''ll take this all day long.