Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Stewarding...The N&P

I recently made a thread about the use of language in the football ground. Today went one step further.When Leeds No.8 was arguing constantly with the ref, most of the n&p were chanting W*nker at him. Fair play. Not for the stewards however.They managed to handpick about 30 people (apparently) and tell them if they said it again they were out. Complete over-reaction and everyone around me including myself looked completely stunned and baffled.The biggest irony is they threatened to take us out, yet we had Leeds fans in the N&P who CELEBRATED when they scored! I''ve never come across such a piss take in my whole life. At the very least they should have removed the Leeds fans who were clearly making more trouble than an entire stand actually making some noise for once.

The Stewards in the Snake Pit yesterday actually used common sense and didn''t even attempt to get people to sit in their seats as long as the gangways were kept clear.

That''s how it should be Harry. A bit of common sense from both sides. Fans keep the walkways clear, Stewards let people stand. I wonder if this common sense will be allowed for games after Ipsh!t.

Davo

[quote user="hogesar"]I recently made a thread about the use of language in the football ground. Today went one step further.When Leeds No.8 was arguing constantly with the ref, most of the n&p were chanting W*nker at him. Fair play. Not for the stewards however.They managed to handpick about 30 people (apparently) and tell them if they said it again they were out. Complete over-reaction and everyone around me including myself looked completely stunned and baffled.The biggest irony is they threatened to take us out, yet we had Leeds fans in the N&P who CELEBRATED when they scored! I''ve never come across such a piss take in my whole life. At the very least they should have removed the Leeds fans who were clearly making more trouble than an entire stand actually making some noise for once.[/quote]Your exactly right hogesar, I like to sing and join in with the fans and i know its the family area & i will be moving to the barclay next year, But they were just pathetic, i was surrounded by 6 friendly enough leeds fans but they were cheering and chanting leeds songs yet when i gester to that player in the heat of the moment, i get shouted at by an old steward saying that if i did one more thing i was out! Stupid, they need to get a grip and realise things like that are going to happen at a football match!