Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Training today

(stolen frpm wotb)

Just back from training

First things first, I said last week Koey wasn''t training on Friday but he still played as did Macnamee after missing a previous friday ergo attendance on friday is not a definite pointer to saturdays team.

Today, Drury Surman, Nelson all took full part in training. Zac Whitbread (calf) said he will be joining in next week.

Change from the usual friday routine with: ruddy, lappin, ward, barnett, Martin, Macnamee fox, crofts, Surman, Holt and Martin played a game against an academy team. Culverhouse stopped the game at regular intervals to talk positioning, also to re-run corners and free kicks etc.

Wessi (Is his non selection tactical or contract related?), Jackson, Drury, Nelson, JBA, Olly, Daley and a couple of youngsters did some other passing and shooting exercises.

First team squad came together to play a half pitch game at the end followed by some crossing and shooting.

Jacko is DOTW (again).

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I think Surman will play more of a part than is being let on tomorrow !![/quote]

lets hope thats the case!

would love to see Surman back soon, even more now with the injuries. Do the Donkey of the week still have to wear the bib thingy?

Really hope Surman can possibly start tomorrow. I was unsure about him after the first few games of the season, but before his injury he really was looking the real deal, after i think some fitness issues caused his lesser performances at the start of the season. His creativity i think  is the best in the squad, and his eye for a pass would give the whole squad a real boost i reckon.  Not to mention his brilliant deliveries from set pieces.

I think Surman is fitter than Lambert is letting on as well and despite the fact that maybe its a bit sooner than we would have liked I think Lambo may be tempted to play him tomorrow.

This guy off the wrath has been giving these updates every week and he''s said Surman has been training with the first team for several weeks now. His account has always been a couple of weeks ahead of Lambo''s statements so I think Lambert has been playing his fitness down.

I will be a bit disturbed if Wes does not play tomorrow. I hope he is not being frozen out in any way.

[quote user="city till i die"](stolen frpm wotb) Just back from training First things first, I said last week Koey wasn''t training on Friday but he still played as did Macnamee after missing a previous friday ergo attendance on friday is not a definite pointer to saturdays team. Today, Drury Surman, Nelson all took full part in training. Zac Whitbread (calf) said he will be joining in next week. Change from the usual friday routine with: ruddy, lappin, ward, barnett, Martin, Macnamee fox, crofts, Surman, Holt and Martin played a game against an academy team. Culverhouse stopped the game at regular intervals to talk positioning, also to re-run corners and free kicks etc. Wessi (Is his non selection tactical or contract related?), Jackson, Drury, Nelson, JBA, Olly, Daley and a couple of youngsters did some other passing and shooting exercises. First team squad came together to play a half pitch game at the end followed by some crossing and shooting. Jacko is DOTW (again).[/quote]

Just wonder if we will see Surman and Drury tomorrow?

Anyone want to guess what the line up will be?

I can''t wait for Surman to come back because I think he could be the equivalent of the January signing who is brought in to bolster our play off push.  However if he is fit enough to play against Leeds and Ipswich I would be reluctant to play him.  He has been out for some time so he is going to be that half a yard slower and in a game like Leeds and Ipswich which carry more of an importance this could be crucial and I would rather see Fox carry on playing so he can get a bit more ''stuck in''.  I wouldn''t be reluctant to bring him on as a sub though depending on the circumstances.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I thought fans were banned from Colney on Fridays?[/quote]No, I went to one of the forums when Lambert first took over and someone asked about access to Colney.He said that Friday was the only day they don''t train behind closed doors because, and his words were, " We don''t do much on Fridays ".A footballers equivalent of POETS maybe ?

[quote user="city till i die"](stolen frpm wotb) Just back from training First things first, I said last week Koey wasn''t training on Friday but he still played as did Macnamee after missing a previous friday ergo attendance on friday is not a definite pointer to saturdays team. Today, Drury Surman, Nelson all took full part in training. [/quote]

Well it was great to have Surman back and see Nelson on the bench as well.

Anyone got any updates on Drury or Korey ??