Sign in to follow this  
supercol

Cody..

You can''t really say that Cody would have scored if it was pinging around the box.  When it''s ''pinging'' around the box it''s just luck whether it falls to a Norwich player or not, and then you need even more luck if it is going to fall to the feet of a striker and not a centre back like Barnett or Ward which is what usually happens for us.

I think Cody would offer something different. but then again, so would Johnson, and we haven''t seen anything of him yet....

Problem with Cody now, is i don''t see him making it here, its not his fault, but i don''t know if he''s a good enough ''footballer''.....

Id take Cody over Oli all day long.

Would be interesting to know what Lambert is thinking, maybe he thinks more of Cody, hence sending him out to toughen up and get some experience.

[quote user="Boyo''"]

You can''t really say that Cody would have scored if it was pinging around the box.  When it''s ''pinging'' around the box it''s just luck whether it falls to a Norwich player or not, and then you need even more luck if it is going to fall to the feet of a striker and not a centre back like Barnett or Ward which is what usually happens for us.

[/quote

I think that''s the point of the OP? If the ball were to fall at the feet of a striker like Cody he would surely bury it. Great players make their own luck...

[quote user="CDMullins"]Id take Cody over Oli all day long.

Would be interesting to know what Lambert is thinking, maybe he thinks more of Cody, hence sending him out to toughen up and get some experience.[/quote]I was having a conversation about that with someone a few weeks back and came to the same conclusion.

Likewise I''d have cody on the bench over oli any day. I thought last year he did ok when was asked to play. I''d like to think his loan has been arranged with a view to play for us next year as oli clearly isn''t going to judging on the season so far.

It''s an unknown, of course, but one thing is certain - we had far more chances than Leeds, but nearly half were off target, Whether Cody would score in the excitement of the moment, I don''t know.

Holt certainly put good chances over the top, as did Jackson when he came on. We need a little more steadiness in front of goal It is becoming clear, I think, that we need thr striker we can''t afford.

We are relying on goals from the midfield and defence (-two from the last four were by defenders, and Crofts is almost top scorer!)

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="CDMullins"]Id take Cody over Oli all day long.

Would be interesting to know what Lambert is thinking, maybe he thinks more of Cody, hence sending him out to toughen up and get some experience.[/quote]I was having a conversation about that with someone a few weeks back and came to the same conclusion.[/quote]

Just out of interest Harry, where did you get the burning scum logo from? I''ve been looking for it for ages!

I made it myself Jacko, if you go to my website (http://www.barclayendchoir.2fear.com/) go in "Photos Avatars and Wallpapers" in the folder marked "Gifs and Avatars" there are 3 different burning logos.

I''ve got a soft spot for Cody tbh and hope he suceeds at Norwich.I love his enthusiasm and team spirit, coupled with the fact hes so tenacious.Another reason I hang onto my Cody Mac goal keeper avatar :)I hope the Oli / Cody theory is correct as Oli really hasnt featured much this season and Cody seems to be getting some form. A seasons football will do him a lot of good and some people are late bloomers in football.