Sign in to follow this  
Felixfan

Keane attacking fans again!

ROY Keane has blasted Ipswich Town fans again!

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

ROY Keane has blasted Ipswich Town fans again!

Keane has today insisted that his Ipswich Town side, in the shape of the fans, do “NOT have a 12th man” at the moment.

Following on from his quotes after last month’s home defeat to Coventry, when he insisted that some fans “do not know too much about the game,” and that “a lot of people, particularly around this area, are probably set in their ways,” Keane again launched an attack on the home crowd’s reaction duirng last weekend’s 3-1 home defeat to Barnsley.

See tomorrow’s paper for full details on how Keane went on the attack today about the fans’ reaction to his substitutions last week, as well as their cheering of Barnsley players for passing the ball around during the 3-1 defeat.

“That’s the way it is at the moment, and I think it’s a benefit over the next few weeks that we are away from home,” insisted Keane.

- See tomorrow’s paper for the full story.

Tomorrows EADT could make interesing reading. Surely his days are numbered.

Yep, he''s doing a ''Roeder'' and will be on his way very soon IMO. No manager can get away for too long with such open disrespect of the paying public.  

no keane please dont go youve been the best manager weve ever had, in terms of ruining them, the longer he stays the more he gets them in debt to irish rejects by the way of the north east.

They have got Hull away on saturday which you would think is a winable game for them. But surely if they lose that will be it for him. He really is shooting himself in the foot with these comments he keeps making

How good would it be if it was City who put the final nail in his coffin with a big derby day victory live on national terrestrial tv?

Notwithstanding the fact that surely we don''t want him fired after this weekend so they come here the following week with a new manager to impress.

Simon Clegg''s last comment:

His contract is due to expire in the summer and Clegg says there is no rush to agree a new deal.

"We''re relaxed about it, he''s relaxed about it, let''s see where we get to," he continued.

"The owner [Marcus Evans] and I are speaking on a regular basis, Roy is aware of what his and our expectations are this season.

"At this particular moment in time there''s no defined line in the sand, it''s a fluid situation."

I think Clegg is suggesting Keane is on quicksand.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Simon Clegg''s last comment:

His contract is due to expire in the summer and Clegg says there is no rush to agree a new deal.

"We''re relaxed about it, he''s relaxed about it, let''s see where we get to," he continued.

"The owner [Marcus Evans] and I are speaking on a regular basis, Roy is aware of what his and our expectations are this season.

"At this particular moment in time there''s no defined line in the sand, it''s a fluid situation."

I think Clegg is suggesting Keane is on quicksand.

[/quote]

If they get beat tomorrow the headlines will be THE MANAGER HAS OUR FULL BACKING, then the sack follows on Monday,but we would all prefer to read this after the big day at Carra

Removing Keane now would be as much use as removing the captain of the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg.

A club that had to shed nearly 20 players over the summer and has replaced them with a couple of aged misfits and a bunch of short term loanes.

A club that has a further 16 players out of contract (along with it''s manager) who of them, Clegg has said they will need to accept what is going to be offered not what they were being paid.

A club that has lost a further £14m on top of a previous £10m loss. Losses that are in no part due to the excessive interest it''s owner is charging it.

A club where the income has been falling season on season, the season ticket numbers have been falling likewise and now the attendances are doing likewise.

Talk to any serious town fan and the football is dire. The squad is paper thin, the youth set up is failing and there is every likelihood that a couple more sales will happen in Jan as the club seeks to get some return on players that will leave for free in June.

If Keane is doing anything he is giving City fans a further reason to laugh at our impoverished neighbours - as if there was any need for that anyway.

It was nearly 100 years ago that the Titanic sunk, I wonder how much longer it will be before the suffolk ship HMS Shitetanic sinks.

Let''s hope Keano is still in the hot seat when the scum come to Carrow Road. I have a horrible feeling the Ipswich board will have fired him by then, which will galvanise that misfiring team into a good performance. It would be lovely to have a comfortable victory for once. SIX nil sounds rather good!

keane has been a fantastci appointment for us and it will be  sad day when he leaves.

but I am not confident of  a home victory,  the derby law of inverse form seems to apply - the team out of form seems to take a win so together with a non traditional kick off time and tv appearance has my (crystal) balls twitching nervously (and the doc says there is nothing he can do)  

Not read the article but if hes on about them booing - hes right. And loads on here love to boo our team!!

[quote user="City1st"]Removing Keane now would be as much use as removing the captain of the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg.

A club that had to shed nearly 20 players over the summer and has replaced them with a couple of aged misfits and a bunch of short term loanes.

A club that has a further 16 players out of contract (along with it''s manager) who of them, Clegg has said they will need to accept what is going to be offered not what they were being paid.

A club that has lost a further £14m on top of a previous £10m loss. Losses that are in no part due to the excessive interest it''s owner is charging it.

A club where the income has been falling season on season, the season ticket numbers have been falling likewise and now the attendances are doing likewise.

Talk to any serious town fan and the football is dire. The squad is paper thin, the youth set up is failing and there is every likelihood that a couple more sales will happen in Jan as the club seeks to get some return on players that will leave for free in June.

If Keane is doing anything he is giving City fans a further reason to laugh at our impoverished neighbours - as if there was any need for that anyway.

It was nearly 100 years ago that the Titanic sunk, I wonder how much longer it will be before the suffolk ship HMS Shitetanic sinks.[/quote]Oh you do make me laugh. Impoverished? Hahahahah. The youth set up is failing? HAhahahaha. Wickham, Murray, Hyam, Eastman, Smith, Brown, Clark.. I could go on. I''m not going to lie, the football is fairly poor at the moment, but the season is still too young and the league is still too tight to be trying to hound out a manager. We''re 3 points behind, 3 points - ONE GAME. Which players are you talking about concerning sales in January? I''ve heard nothing of the like; although you do seem to be strangely informed over all matters blue...

Cheer up Roy Keane,Oh what can it mean,to be a shit manager,of a crap football team

and when we are 5-0 up

Roy Keane is a f*cking genius !!!

Impoverished - remind us all who couldn''t make their debt payments last season and saw their club lose a further £15m (add that to the £35m you owed from the season before). Have falling income and falling ticket sales. Had to shed 20 players in the summer. Saw their ''star'' player sold to pay their debts - or was the income from Walters given to Keane ? err No. Have nearly 20 players out of contract next season with the Chief Executive saying that the those that stay (if any) will only do so if they take a pay cut. Cannot afford a new pitch.

Youth squad. Remind us how well the U18 and U16 binboys are doing. How with little money the first team is being padded out with underage no hopers. Wickham, who came through another club''s youth system is hardly setting the league alight either. No goals so far I believe.

''Football is fairly poor''. That''s a massive understatement. Talk to your own fans. It''s worse than dire. I don''t blame Keane. There''s not a pot to pee in so the team is patched up with those kids, a few unwanted codgers and any number of loanees. That ''fairly poor football'' is why the attendances are dropping at poorman road and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

As so many of your players are out of contract and unlikely to stay after June, It is not improbable that your club will seek to cash in where possible this January- more so, given howyou had to cash in this summer. "We’ve managed to hold on to important players like Connor, that was an important message to the supporters, but that might change in January " - Roy Keane

With regard to the one win, you are right " the season is still too young ". Take off the "3 points - ONE GAME" and then see where you are. Back where you were last season, bumping along amongst the relegation dross.

But this time there''ll be quite a few thousand less dimwitted farmhands having to endure the dross - but sadly, for him, one poor old manager having to put up with the dross that fills up the few seats that are still taken.

RIPswich