Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Thoughts on the game

Have to say i really enjoyed yesterday''s match. good atmosphere and a properly competitive game from the first to the last minute. Overall i think with the chances we had in the second half we probably should have taken the three points but there wasn;t much between the two teams and we can''t really complain too much at a point. Thoughts:

1. As said above, atmosphere was excellent. Lets hope next week is even better because (despite the fact some seem to have convinced themselves that we hate Leeds) Ipswich are our real rivals.

2. I know there are thread below about it so won''t dwell on it too much but once again  Ruddy cost us a goal and once agaion shows why he''s not good enough. yes he makes some good saves and yes he has some good games but i can''t remember having a first choice keeper who so regularly gifts the opposition goals. We were playing well before his mistake yesterday and it set the whole team back for the rest of the first half. We simply can''t afford to keep gifting teams goals like this.

3. Russell Martin was ripped to peices by Gravel yesterday. Hopefully just a one off rather than a return to last season''s displays.

4. Hoolahan made the real difference. He was immense and simply has to start against the sc*m.

5. Surman is class and once he''s fit the prospect of him linking up with Hoolahan and Crofts is mouth watering.

6. Barnett and Ward were excellent.

7. Can''t believe we got away with the foul for our goal. Martin''s foul was so blatant. Having said that Schmeical needs to stop whinging like a girl at every bit of physical contact.

8. Holt and Martin back on song is a big plus. I also thought Jackson looked a rwal threat when he came on.

All in all another ok result but we do need to pick up 3 points from a game soon. What better time to start than next Sunday!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

3. Russell Martin was ripped to peices by Gravel yesterday. Hopefully just a one off rather than a return to last season''s displays.

6. Barnett and Ward were excellent.

[/quote]

Firstly, that won''t be happening with Russell Martin because he was absolutely fine last season so it''s not applicable.

Secondly, Leon Barnett was excellent yesterday but Elliott Ward wasn''t.