Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Come back please Adam!

Once again Drury''s absence has coincided with a tricky patch that only Lambert has been able to minimise through intelligent reshuffling of the formations and squad rotation. We always seem to suffer in his absence. I don''t agree with the Martin slating but i will say that in a one on one Drury is far superior. And how we''ve got by with Lappin at left back without getting tanked is a minor miracle.

Very much agree - though have to commend Lappin, who for someone playing out of position has been pretty good and consistent.. I thought he played well against a tricky customer in SnodgrassI think equally (especially for the scum game on saturday) we need Korey back too. Fox is alright, good on the ball and can pick a pass but I think we miss Korey''s bite and energy in midfield. With Surman now coming back in (thought he looked class on saturday despite obviously being a bit rusty) I feel that we need another ball winner to go with Crofts. Sounds like the scum are going to come for the draw on sunday and maybe try and nick one late on.. I think if we could have Drury and K.Smith back then we''ll win.. Hoolahan has to start instead McNamee for me, as he''s done nothing to show me that he''s anything more than an impact sub. Ideally I think our midfield needs Korey in it to add balance to the craft and guile that Surman and Hoolahan provide..With all fit I think this team gives us the right balance between winning the midfield and helping supply Martin and Holt up frontMy team for Ipswich (fingers crossed everyone fit)RuddyR.Martin Ward Barnett DruryCroftsK.Smith SurmanHoolahanHolt C.MartinLets get into them early.. and score an early goal for once - if we can do that then I can see a comfortable (ish!) afternoon and a good win against the binners.. otbc

[quote user="rondy"]Very much agree - though have to commend Lappin, who for someone playing out of position has been pretty good and consistent.. I thought he played well against a tricky customer in SnodgrassI think equally (especially for the scum game on saturday) we need Korey back too. Fox is alright, good on the ball and can pick a pass but I think we miss Korey''s bite and energy in midfield. With Surman now coming back in (thought he looked class on saturday despite obviously being a bit rusty) I feel that we need another ball winner to go with Crofts. Sounds like the scum are going to come for the draw on sunday and maybe try and nick one late on.. I think if we could have Drury and K.Smith back then we''ll win.. Hoolahan has to start instead McNamee for me, as he''s done nothing to show me that he''s anything more than an impact sub. Ideally I think our midfield needs Korey in it to add balance to the craft and guile that Surman and Hoolahan provide..With all fit I think this team gives us the right balance between winning the midfield and helping supply Martin and Holt up frontMy team for Ipswich (fingers crossed everyone fit)RuddyR.Martin Ward Barnett DruryCroftsK.Smith SurmanHoolahanHolt C.MartinLets get into them early.. and score an early goal for once - if we can do that then I can see a comfortable (ish!) afternoon and a good win against the binners.. otbc[/quote]I really wasnt expecting Lappin to struggle, he is left footed and has played there before!! Apart from that i agree with everything else you said.