Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Strangest match report ...

... I''ve ever read!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/8149041/Norwich-City-1-Leeds-United-1-match-report.htmlLooking at NewsNow''s round up of match reports, I was just thinking how boring it was that all the nationals must get their Champ. reports from the same source,when I came across the above.Hilarious!Where do you think the reporter comes from? It certainly doesn''t read as if English is his first language. The last sentence is particularly wonderful!

biggest load of drivel I''ve read in a long time, even the editor looks like he had had enough by cutting him off at the end. I hope they didn''t actually pay him for that.

Does it stop in full flow so you will rush out and buy the paper?

Anyway,a rather biased review,but a cracking photo of Barnett[Y]

[quote user="ron obvious"]

... I''ve ever read!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/8149041/Norwich-City-1-Leeds-United-1-match-report.html

Looking at NewsNow''s round up of match reports, I was just thinking how boring it was that all the nationals must get their Champ. reports from the same source,when I came across the above.
Hilarious!
Where do you think the reporter comes from? It certainly doesn''t read as if English is his first language. The last sentence is particularly wonderful!

[/quote]

Brilliant! Made my sunday complete.

"The pressure exerted on their goal in the second half by a rejuvenated Norwich City would have seen flimsier sides baulk but the visitors failed to stem that onslaught by occupying their opponents at the other end."

I''ve read it over and over again and it still makes me chuckle. And this is in the Telegraph? He must get paid by the word... and then suddenly it stops!  Great spot Ron.

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

Biased, but well written.

None of the usual sub-GCSE, ex-pro, cliche ridden drivel.

The sad thing is that most Leeds fans wouldn''t understand it so would ''Bang ''im'' anyway.

[/quote]

Well writen?? I.m sorry but I have to disagree. Odd choices of word conjunction, which can work, but here just look clumsy:

"Championship matches involving them have racked 64 goals and that volatility

was illustrated by a performance which produced conflicting signals."

"They are well-placed in fifth but their display was constructed by an

unadulterated fortitude
on the back foot and an increasing anaemia going

forward"

.........."A largest crowd at Carrow Road for 18 years could not roar any incisiveness

i
nto their football" ..............My guess is the guy was last employed at an Indian call centre.

That''s hilarious Ron. It does sound like GCSE if you ask me! Like a 15 year old has been given English homework to write a match report in the style of Stuart Hall! The ending is genius - "...Fox''s corner was headed."

Definitely comes across like a work experience kid trying too hard. Will check back to see if he does the Telegraph''s report for the derby as well - I''m hoping it will be in the form of a haiku.