Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Anyone expecting a loan in?

Tough one to call.

He can either sit and wait for Smith + Gill to come back, or dip into the kitty just to be safe.

If he does get one in, the loanee sure as hell has to be fired up and willing to stick a foot in on Sunday.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Any Arsenal youngster is probably worth a shot!![/quote]

The fact their still in the Carling Cup though, think that has any significance? They do seem to be playing more first teamer''s in that this year though.

I think the problem with Arsenal now, is that half their squad (well i don''t know exactly) are under 21 it seems, even their captain pretty young...So these youth players, are getting more first team games, wether that be in the carling cup or league.

I''m not 100% on who their best youngsters are, and which ones are on the bench every now and then, but Wenger always seems to let a few go out on loan, as a few cup games/sub appearances probably isn''t giving them too much, while going out on loan, even to the championship will/should get them more first team experience...

Do you know what the player you suggested plays like? (I have heard of him, don''t think i''ve seen him play though...)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think the problem with Arsenal now, is that half their squad (well i don''t know exactly) are under 21 it seems, even their captain pretty young...So these youth players, are getting more first team games, wether that be in the carling cup or league. I''m not 100% on who their best youngsters are, and which ones are on the bench every now and then, but Wenger always seems to let a few go out on loan, as a few cup games/sub appearances probably isn''t giving them too much, while going out on loan, even to the championship will/should get them more first team experience... Do you know what the player you suggested plays like? (I have heard of him, don''t think i''ve seen him play though...)[/quote]

Jay is more of a striker these days, but can play pretty much anywhere on the pitch and has played as a left back, centre back, midfielder and striker whilst at the Arsenal Academy. He is a big unit (about 190cm) but has excellent technique. There is a youtube video of him around ghosting past two defenders and slamming a shot in. He went on loan to Doncaster last season scoring 5 goals in 14 games.

I doubt it will be him as he is trying to establish himself as a striker rather than a midfielder.

The best player Norwich could get from Arsenal at the moment is Henri Lansbury, excellent in midfield and can play on the right wing also.

PL will certainly try, - about this I have no doubt.

Whether he will find someone of some quality who can slot in quickly ( ie hasn''t been out with injury recently or warmed the bench often), and doesn''t cost too much, is another matter.

I hope he succeeds - Drury and Hughes seem some distance off returning, Korey is an unknown quantity and Stephen Smith also. The only one who could be back is "long--throw" Gill. Crofts is getting a large collection of yellow cards, and could be suspended soon, given his willingness to tackle, so we need cover badly. Significantly, midfielders seem more prone to injury, and any more and we are really in trouble.

Numbers don''t give the full story. Hooly and Macn. are technically midfielders but would you want them with, say, Fox as the midfield?

"The best player Norwich could get from Arsenal at the moment is Henri Lansbury, excellent in midfield and can play on the right wing also."

errrr, spot on