Sign in to follow this  
ca

Empty Seats against Leeds

I believe the attendance was about 26,300 yesterday which means there were about 800 empty seats. I  roughly counted about 100 for the segregation, and saw a block of about 10 empty seats opposite me in the Jarrold Stand so where were the rest ?

Well quick maths here...

I think they net per about 6 seats per row, plus they leave a couple of seats per row in the away end for police etc...so say 8 seats per row. From memory the Jarrold goes upto something like row MM (someone else can confirm!) so that''s 41 rows altogether (or so) so that''s about 300-350 seats for segregation.

The first four or five rows at the front of the away section were also netted off which doesn''t usually happen, so will account for more of the unused seats.

[quote user="Largey"]Well quick maths here... I think they net per about 6 seats per row, plus they leave a couple of seats per row in the away end for police etc...so say 8 seats per row. From memory the Jarrold goes upto something like row MM (someone else can confirm!) so that''s 41 rows altogether (or so) so that''s about 300-350 seats for segregation.[/quote]

I counted about 40 rows and saw stewards/police sitting in what I thought was only  3 seats per row, but maybe I need to go to Specsavers ??

Clubs also get a reduced allocation if their fans have a history of not sitting down, I believe that was why the first 5 or 6 rows of the away section was not used against Leeds.

According to a head steward I know, extra segregation was given for Leeds because:

a) they have a history of pitch incursions - recent problems at Middlesbrough & Scunthorpe - hence the netting on the front

b) Ipswich are ''better behaved'' so get 2400 tickets with less need for segregation. Normal segregation costs about 200 seats.

Apparently Leeds would have taken over 4000 tickets if we wanted to sell them.