Sign in to follow this  
Cj

Police

So you bring your 2yr old son to a game against Leeds and your complaining about the Police presence?

Are you mad???? Why would you bring your kid to such a game. Especially with what happened last season.

Who is the idiot here?

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]So you bring your 2yr old son to a game against Leeds and your complaining about the Police presence?

Are you mad???? Why would you bring your kid to such a game. Especially with what happened last season.

Who is the idiot here?[/quote]

so Carrow rd is no longer a family club, cause leeds come to town....get a grip! jesus!

If you''re so upset about it, stand there next week and try to stop it. Or stand there and watch while idiots still try and get through when its obvious they can''t.

No one got hurt, Leeds obeyed the police controls and you got upset.

Tilly has enough knowledge on procedures to be the authority on this - you''re just making a tw@t of yourself

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

yawn yawn, As much as it pains me to say I''m going to have agree with our deluded Leeds friend on this occasion.

People moaned last season when there wasn''t any police in sight after the Leeds match, now when they do something about it they still moan. As for having to duck under a barrier surrounding the car park...well its hardly the ''Krypton Factor assault course'' now is it?!?!.......some times I wonder how the people of this country managed to win two world wars !!!!, obviously made of sterner stuff in thoses days??

[/quote]

Spot on.Last season this messageboard was in meltdown about how Leeds fans were allowed to run amok all around the ground threatening and intimidating Norwich fans because the Police presence was virtually zilch so this season everybody gets home safely and no arrests were made and hey guess what? the Police got it wrong again. To those who are moaning may i be so bold as to say i must have missed your tenure as Chief Constable[;)]

[/quote]

However much it pains me to say so, methinks ex-WPC Tilly is spot on. [Y]
[/quote]

Til.....what a stupid and sarcastic response, i guess you didnt have to crawl over cars to get out with your 2 year old son! the barricade the police formed only stoped city fans walking past the leeds entrance, however the leeds fans bundled the police out the way and felt the need to confront the fans from the family and jarrold sections!

i guess in your book this is good policing! idiot!
[/quote]

I think if i had a 2 yr old with me and bearing in mind want went on last season i would have stayed well clear of anywhere where there was a good chance of bumping into 2,300 Leeds fans, that being the rear of the visiting turnstiles at the end of the game,If you think i am an idiot i think you made a bad error of judgement in entering such an area.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

yawn yawn, As much as it pains me to say I''m going to have agree with our deluded Leeds friend on this occasion.

People moaned last season when there wasn''t any police in sight after the Leeds match, now when they do something about it they still moan. As for having to duck under a barrier surrounding the car park...well its hardly the ''Krypton Factor assault course'' now is it?!?!.......some times I wonder how the people of this country managed to win two world wars !!!!, obviously made of sterner stuff in thoses days??

[/quote]

Spot on.Last season this messageboard was in meltdown about how Leeds fans were allowed to run amok all around the ground threatening and intimidating Norwich fans because the Police presence was virtually zilch so this season everybody gets home safely and no arrests were made and hey guess what? the Police got it wrong again. To those who are moaning may i be so bold as to say i must have missed your tenure as Chief Constable[;)]

[/quote]However much it pains me to say so, methinks ex-WPC Tilly is spot on. [Y][/quote]

Til.....what a stupid and sarcastic response, i guess you didnt have to crawl over cars to get out with your 2 year old son! the barricade the police formed only stoped city fans walking past the leeds entrance, however the leeds fans bundled the police out the way and felt the need to confront the fans from the family and jarrold sections! i guess in your book this is good policing! idiot! [/quote]

I think if i had a 2 yr old with me and bearing in mind want went on last season i would have stayed well clear of anywhere where there was a good chance of bumping into 2,300 Leeds fans, that being the rear of the visiting turnstiles at the end of the game,If you think i am an idiot i think you made a bad error of judgement in entering such an area.

[/quote]

Bad error of judgement yes! but we had to get home and as i park on yarmouth rd, its a long way round the other way! And of cause  u can say no arrest equals good policing, but after the game i saw people getting punched and police getting charge out of the way, in my book both are arrestable offenses........the error in my book is solely on the shoulders of the police, away fans expect to be held in... but no norwfolk police couldnt do it..again.Roll on next week and see what pantomime they have in-store for us! 

Mr Tilson, I dont know why you think my opinion of what I witness is over critical?

Did you witness what was going on? If you did, did you think it was handle properly?

It could have EASILY been sorted out by directing home fans AWAY from the blockade.

There was a massive police presence (rightly or wrongly) and surely with all those minds of Norfolks finest, it would''nt have taken to many brain cells to workout that telling fans before they got to the blockade would have aleviated any potential problem.

Mind you having read your comments I can now understand the mentailty of our police if you are anything to go by.

Another gem there Mr Tilson eh? tell me with all your experience, which way would you have gone to get to yarmouth road?

come on now, with all your knowledge, how would you have ''avoided'' the Leeds fans?

They were parked at county hall, they came by train, they came by coach and they were also locals, which way round then eh tilly old mate?

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

However much it pains me to say so, methinks ex-WPC Tilly is spot on. [Y]
[/quote]

Til.....what a stupid and sarcastic response, i guess you didnt have to crawl over cars to get out with your 2 year old son! the barricade the police formed only stoped city fans walking past the leeds entrance, however the leeds fans bundled the police out the way and felt the need to confront the fans from the family and jarrold sections!

i guess in your book this is good policing! idiot!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bad error of judgement yes! but we had to get home and as i park on yarmouth rd, its a long way round the other way!
And of cause  u can say no arrest equals good policing, but after the game i saw people getting punched and police getting charge out of the way, in my book both are arrestable offenses........
the error in my book is solely on the shoulders of the police, away fans expect to be held in... but no norwfolk police couldnt do it..again.
Roll on next week and see what pantomime they have in-store for us! 
[/quote]

Christ a live !, will all you wet blankets ''man up'' !!, I have absolutely no reason to side with the police on any subject...far from it, but as I previously stated earlier in this thread as far as I could see they took on board there shortcomings last season and acted upon it this.

You''ve all got brains ,you can all think for yourself , do you REALLY need to be told where to go and what to do around Carrow Road.....I''m sure we all know the surrounding area well enough to be able to use our own initiative to know where to go/ not to go to avoid potential crowd trouble??

We''re all in danger of sounding a little bit pathetic now aren''t we??, no wonder some Leeds fans are laughing at our apparant panic when a big away following comes to town!.

[quote user="mtv"]Another gem there Mr Tilson eh? tell me with all your experience, which way would you have gone to get to yarmouth road? come on now, with all your knowledge, how would you have ''avoided'' the Leeds fans? They were parked at county hall, they came by train, they came by coach and they were also locals, which way round then eh tilly old mate?[/quote]

Wait for 10 mins until the crowd was clearing enjoying a burger and fag. You can now call me Einstein.

not you inch high! actually that was quitea good idea...I could have then walked back to the car with all my leeds fans freinds!

wings...if you want to ''move on'' why reply thus keeping the ''offending (in your eyes) alive?

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]There are two answers cityangel. Penning people inside grounds is now considered more inflammatory and dangerous for all concerned - its a confined area and letting them out under control eases some of the problem. They were ripping out seats in block F yesterday and it could have gone wrong quickly. Secondly, from what I saw, no one had to walk very far to avoid the problem of the police containment, just use the carpark[/quote]

Thats fair enough didn''t realise seats were ripped out. To be honest I was pleased to see such a high police presence, it made me feel safe.

I walked back to the car on Thorpe Rd about 5 mins after the final whistle and didn''t see any trouble, good that there weren''t any arrests.

[quote user="mtv"]not you inch high! actually that was quitea good idea...I could have then walked back to the car with all my leeds fans freinds![/quote]

I think we''re all having trouble understanding exactly what you do mean.

[quote user="mtv"]Another gem there Mr Tilson eh? tell me with all your experience, which way would you have gone to get to yarmouth road? come on now, with all your knowledge, how would you have ''avoided'' the Leeds fans? They were parked at county hall, they came by train, they came by coach and they were also locals, which way round then eh tilly old mate?[/quote]

I left the ground at the final whistle and walked through Riverside toThorpe Station thenleft to the Nelson Hotel and did not encounter any Leeds fans nor did i see a sniff of bother.Once at Thorpe Station you could have turned right and walked up Thorpe Road and been in Yarmouth Road where you wanted to be.

Ok Whittle,I''ll take what you say on board! I''ll chew it over! I''ll even sit and think about it for a while..................And then I know I''ll come to the same conclusion............fluck off!

[quote user="mtv"]Ok Whittle,I''ll take what you say on board! I''ll chew it over! I''ll even sit and think about it for a while..................And then I know I''ll come to the same conclusion............fluck off![/quote]

...and these are your words I''m quoting....

oh really intelligent response that.........really impressed! Oh dear!

Stop being pathetic by ganging up on mtv trying to be witty and get laughs off other posters, everyones entitled to their opinions but dont start criticising us for stating our opinions, im not a woman and have actually visited Elland road, have any of you? (honestly)

from whats been posted on here i take it you wont be coming to ER,i think if mtv ever went to a football game away from carrow road she would have a  mental breakdown.by the way....................is it true that the south stand has steiner stair lifts, a tartan blankie on each seat and a flask of horlicks.

OK the problem I have with this thread is that I really don''t understand all the pant-wetting about how big an inconvenience it was to just return the way you''ve come go round the back of the River End and up past the City Stand - at most a detour of 5 minutes?

Agreed there could/should have been some sort of Stewarding or prior warning even a tannoy anoucement at half-time or at the final whistle after all we all know the anoying chimes preceding a safety announcement.

I am taking with a pinch of salt the story of an old man recovering from an operation was made to crawl under the barriers.

[quote user="norwichwhite"]from whats been posted on here i take it you wont be coming to ER,i think if mtv ever went to a football game away from carrow road she would have a  mental breakdown.by the way....................is it true that the south stand has steiner stair lifts, a tartan blankie on each seat and a flask of horlicks. [/quote]Yes i will be actually, im sure yorkshire police will do a jolly good job too, no the south stand does not have steiner stair lifts or a tartan blankie and a flask of horlicks is down to whether you bring one or not, hope thats answered your question

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

OK the problem I have with this thread is that I really don''t understand all the pant-wetting about how big an inconvenience it was to just return the way you''ve come go round the back of the River End and up past the City Stand - at most a detour of 5 minutes?

Agreed there could/should have been some sort of Stewarding or prior warning even a tannoy anoucement at half-time or at the final whistle after all we all know the anoying chimes preceding a safety announcement.

I am taking with a pinch of salt the story of an old man recovering from an operation was made to crawl under the barriers.

[/quote]Exactly, the most ridiculous thing about the whole thread, almost as ridiculous as all the people running scared of the nasty Leeds fans.