Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Will PLs absence from pitchside for the derby matter?

I have to say i''m a little bit concerned about this. We have to assume he''s going to be banned from the touchline at the very least. Some managers do more harm than good from pitchside (Roeder!?) but Lambo is such a massive figure for this team. Just like O''Neill i think his pitchside presence is a big part of Paul Lambert the manager.When the younger players look up and see he''s not there, will this affect them? Just a little?

I guess only time will tell, but I would think not. We will probably cheer his name more than normal to show him solidarity, and I suspect that the atmosphere itself will spur the players on.

He will presumably be fairly prominent in the directors'' box? As a member of the crowd he can gesticulate. I presume that Culverhouse will be his proxy on the touchline.

Assuming that they have made plans, and can send messages between each other in some way, especially if substitutions are needed, I am not concerned. He will still be able to talk before the match and at half time, I assume. It''s not as if he is sent into some sort of isolation.

Of more concern is that he may receive more than a one match ban. He has "form", he has shown up the etsbalishment in the rescinding of Holt''s red card and they are not afraid to walk right over Norwich. Unlike ''with Arry Rednapp, I doubt if any threat to boycott the press will cut much ice.

I think he can expect a hefty fine, and perhaps more than one week in the stand, and all because of the incompetent Mr. Oliver, but he did evidently challenge authority, and that is forbidden to any manager outside the Premiership!

In a blood-and-thunder derby match, this might actually play to his advantage.    He''ll be slightly divorced from proceedings, and might be able to pick out tactical changes a little easier.

I am going to ask a really stupid question, here goes: when someone is sent to the stands, is it stipulated as to how far from the dug-out the offender has to sit? I mean could Lambert sit in Row A, to one side of the dug-out, or is it more about his direct involement in giving instructions etc...?

I expect to see Culverhouse wearing a woolly hat covering his ears and Lambert wearing a scarf covering his mouth in the stands for the ban....

Well  that''s just daft Pete, how is Lambert going to send any messages to Culverhouse like that ?

Oh.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I expect to see Culverhouse wearing a woolly hat covering his ears and Lambert wearing a scarf covering his mouth in the stands for the ban....[/quote]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I expect to see Culverhouse wearing a woolly hat covering his ears and Lambert wearing a scarf covering his mouth in the stands for the ban....[/quote]Are there actually any rules against communication devices, walkie talkies or anything? Is there a need to be subtle?

I was going to say the same as wacky. I''m sure when other manager''s have had to sit in the stands for a few games they''ve been shown in communicado with the bench. Are they not allowed to communicate even Pete?

I liked it when Arsene Wenger was sent to the stands and stood in a really prominent position above one of the ower entry gates!!!

They should have Lambert in the commentary seat above the tunnel!

I see on one of those tweet things it says that it''s a dressing room ban too, can this be true, if so I''m not as confident as I would have been should we need one of Mr Lambert''s magic moments at half time.

Correct me if i am wrong but do we know if PL has even appealed against the charge let alone an appeal date set if that turns out the case?.He had until last Friday (19th) to appeal and i for one have not read a word since.

[quote user="Twitchy"]I see on one of those tweet things it says that it''s a dressing room ban too, can this be true, if so I''m not as confident as I would have been should we need one of Mr Lambert''s magic moments at half time.
[/quote]

He could use video link though

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Correct me if i am wrong but do we know if PL has even appealed against the charge let alone an appeal date set if that turns out the case?.He had until last Friday (19th) to appeal and i for one have not read a word since.[/quote]The Canaries boss has asked for a personal hearing before the FA’s Regulatory Commission at their Wembley Stadium headquarters.And it is the timing of that hearing which will determine whether Lambert is in the dug-out or in the stands for Sunday’s clash against Ipswich Town.A date has yet to be set, but, with the FA’s new fast track system now in place, it must be held before close of play next Monday. The punishment is expected to be announced immediately after the hearing.If the hearing is this week, then Lambert will miss the Ipswich game – the standards sanction for a first offence is a one-match ban and a fine, but there is no standard sanction for offences where the respondent has previous offences on his record.Lambert was charged following incidents at the end of the controversial 3-3 draw at Reading on November 13. Having already seen striker Grant Holt shown a straight red card – which was rescinded on appeal – just before half-time, with the Canaries leading 3-1, Lambert was sent to the stands in the final moments after leaving his technical area and walking alongside the pitch to check on young midfielder Korey Smith, who was receiving treatment after a hefty challenge, which went unpunished by referee Michael Oliver.When Lambert returned to the City dugout the official sent him to the stands. And while Lambert was scathing in his post-match criticism of Mr Oliver, it was actually his conduct and language after the final whistle, when he spoke to the official in the tunnel area, that landed him in hot water.The Regulatory Commission will take into account Lambert’s disciplinary history, which will have a bearing on the punishment meted out. Lambert was fined £750 and warned as to his future conduct after being sent to the stands in his last game as Colchester boss before moving to Norwich in August last year.He was also fined £1,000 and incurred a one-game touchline ban last April after comments he made to referee Eddie Ilderton following a controversial defeat at Tranmere.

The personal hearing he has requested has to take place by Monday afternoon according to the EDP today so if its not held until Monday he''ll be ok for Sunday.

Sorry Harry, took me ages and 3 attempts to get my post submitted and yours wasn''t there when I started typing.