Sign in to follow this  
rondy

Afternoon peeps. Does anyone know if the Derby will be on iPlayer?

Am gutted, as now due to a ''work weekend away'' in Bath I cant a) be at Carrow Roadb) probably watch it live as will be in a pub near Bath, that either wont have a TV or more likely, will be showing Toon vs Chelsea..I wont get back to london til the evening and would (hopefully!) like to watch the whole match, but can i rely on it being on the beeb, or do I need to dust down the old VHS?cheers

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]Where in Bath will you be?[/quote]

Apparently we''re having lunch in the Hope and Anchor in Midford, about

10 miles outside of Bath..  have just rung them and they dont show sport

there.. bugger!

I remember seeing the Doncaster vs Sheffield United game on the iPlayer home page (although didn''t actually click the link). I imagine the Norwich v Ipswich game will also be available, if it will be possibly to watch it the next day (like the Football League Show) or if you will have to wait a few days (like Match of the Day 2 and the internet highlights of Football League games) I couldn''t say. If you don''t mind knowing the score before you watch then you''ll have no problem I''m sure, otherwise you may have to stay indoors with the curtains drawn for a couple of days.

I''d invest in a PVR with Freeview if I were you. Best £80 I''ve ever spent. ( Had to spend another £50 on a decent aerial though).

The full game including pre and post match coverage will definitely be on the iPlayer. Only for a week though, so I''ll be recording it on my freeview box to keep forever (or, if we lose, delete immediately...)

Thanks guys,

No chance of not finding out/being told the score/result at the time but

am looking forward to watching it in full (depending on result obviously!) when get back to London.. s10 - you dont when it would be up on iPlayer do you, sunday night? or will I have to wait til next day/tues morning as with Champ highlights?

[quote user="rondy"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]Where in Bath will you be?[/quote]

Apparently we''re having lunch in the Hope and Anchor in Midford, about 10 miles outside of Bath..  have just rung them and they dont show sport there.. bugger!

[/quote]

I grew up no more than 2 miles from there. It''s about 3 miles south of Bath City centre and only a mile from the edge of the suberbs. The nearest pub that might show the game is called the Cross Keys, http://www.crosskeysbath.co.uk/ . Going nearer to Bath, there''s the Devonshire Arms and The Bear, they both might show it.

I''m guessing though that if you''re in Midford for lunch, you''re probably not going to be able to get to any of these in any case! If it''s any consolation to you, the Hope and Anchor is very nice, and if you want some trivia to impress your colleagues, Nicolas Cage owned Midford Castle until quite recently...

[quote user="rondy"]Thanks guys,

No chance of not finding out/being told the score/result at the time but

am looking forward to watching it in full (depending on result obviously!) when get back to London.. s10 - you dont when it would be up on iPlayer do you, sunday night? or will I have to wait til next day/tues morning as with Champ highlights?

[/quote]I can''t say for certain - but I think it might be Sunday evening, yeah. Don''t think the highlights restrictions apply when they''ve already shown the game in full.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

I''d invest in a PVR with Freeview if I were you. Best £80 I''ve ever spent. ( Had to spend another £50 on a decent aerial though).

[/quote]

I hope that £50 includes fitting.

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]I''d invest in a PVR with Freeview if I were you. Best £80 I''ve ever spent. ( Had to spend another £50 on a decent aerial though).

[/quote]

I hope that £50 includes fitting.

[/quote]Nah, loft job.