Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Date set for Lambert's FA hearing

Pete just read the report and it says that he could be banned from touchline and dressing room.

I didn''t think managers were banned from the dressing room in this country, I thought that was just a European thing.

Have the rules changed?

Would be about right. The FA could easily wait until Monday to have the hearing, but that''s far too helpful. Typically north Korean style dictatorship (at least that''s how it seems). He reacted angrily to poor decisions, that they''ve since admitted were incorrect. Straight to the headmasters office... If he''s banned from the dressing room, they should reserve morrisons cafe or half time.

From Wikipedia:

Team officials such as managers and coaches may not be cautioned or sent from the technical area in the above manner. However, according to Law 5 the referee "takes action against team officials who fail to conduct themselves in a responsible manner and may, at his discretion, expel them from the field of play and its immediate surroundings."

The league sanction for a sent-off coach or manager is normally a ban from being in the dugout or in the changing-room for a certain number of matches thereafter. The particular football association determines the length of the ban.

As someone who''s been there, I can confirm that this is what happens!