Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

We are backing City

[quote user="The Butler"]Anybody still doubt the wisdom of finding some money for at least Leon Barnett[:D][/quote]

Would be great if we could keep him, but for the fans to find even half of the £750k that WBA may want for him is a big ask in less than 2 months.

Think we have to reply on Mr Foulger, Delia & hubby to come up with the goods after Xmas if they want to keep him as much as us.

Still a good idea to raise money for a players fund but I think Leon is a project too soon.

---

Reading through this thread after a weekend away[au] was  a bit like watching one of those horror movies[6] that starts off with carefree[:D] children gambolling through sun-kissed meadows[ip] to the strains of lush music[8] and ends up with everyone dead or horribly mutilated...[6][U][6]

A single point to make. One poster said NCISA was "still in denial" over the rebate furore. That''s plainly not true. Indeed it''s obvious the opposite is the case. It''s not hard to work out that one of the motivations behind this politically-astute move is precisely to distance NCISA from that issue by moving on.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

---

Reading through this thread after a weekend away[au] was  a bit like watching one of those horror movies[6] that starts off with carefree[:D] children gambolling through sun-kissed meadows[ip] to the strains of lush music[8] and ends up with everyone dead or horribly mutilated...[6][U][6]

A single point to make. One poster said NCISA was "still in denial" over the rebate furore. That''s plainly not true. Indeed it''s obvious the opposite is the case. It''s not hard to work out that one of the motivations behind this politically-astute move is precisely to distance NCISA from that issue by moving on.

[/quote]

Thanks Purple. You know my views on moving forward and putting the past behind us, and hopefully this campaign, which the club are very pleased about, will bear sufficient fruit to help out in January.

As a matter of interest, I know that a number of regular posters took their rebate and I would be genuinely interested in their views on this subject, ( in general terms of course, I don''t expect people to be specific about what they intend to do, I''d just like to get some thoughts on the principle.)

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

---

[/quote]

I would gladly put my hand in my pocket, even stand on Carrow rd with a collection bucket, the club kept my rebate last season, and I would be very happy to donate the value of the rebate again, what would be great is every fan chip in a few quid, show the outside world what sort of fans we are,Who knows it might even attract some big investment,    

Thanks Purple. You know my views on moving forward and putting the past behind us, and hopefully this campaign, which the club are very pleased about, will bear sufficient fruit to help out in January.

As a matter of interest, I know that a number of regular posters took their rebate and I would be genuinely interested in their views on this subject, ( in general terms of course, I don''t expect people to be specific about what they intend to do, I''d just like to get some thoughts on the principle.)

[/quote]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

---

[/quote]

I would gladly put my hand in my pocket, even stand on Carrow rd with a collection bucket, the club kept my rebate last season, and I would be very happy to donate the value of the rebate again, what would be great is every fan chip in a few quid, show the outside world what sort of fans we are,Who knows it might even attract some big investment,    

[/quote][/quote]

Wish I knew how to work a pc,

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

---

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Wish I knew how to work a pc,

[/quote]

I think that''s the key to this, Pete. If everyone contributed a little, with the attendances we have (and the exiles) we could raise a very significant amount, and I agree that it could attract bigger backers.

Someone asked what guarantee anyone would have that the money raised would go to Paul Lamberts "players fund"

The official answer from the club is that they are very pleased with the initiative taken by NCISA but no guarantee can be given because of the legalities surrounding share purchase.

They have stated however that it is agreed that every available £1, not earmarked for other things, will be made available to Lambert.

As this would be "new money" and therefore should not have already been allocated, you can draw your own conclusions.

So lets try and make a difference[:D]

So, what do we do Chris?Whats the plan? Will there be something on the website telling us how we can purchase some shares?Do we have to meet in a layby with a suspicious looking brown paper bag stuffed full of fivers?Shall I just slip a couple of twenties in your back pocket next time I see you in the pub?[:D]

[quote user="morty"]So, what do we do Chris?

Whats the plan? Will there be something on the website telling us how we can purchase some shares?

Do we have to meet in a layby with a suspicious looking brown paper bag stuffed full of fivers?

Shall I just slip a couple of twenties in your back pocket next time I see you in the pub?

[:D]
[/quote]

Donate through the website and e-mail contact@ncisa.co.uk, if you want to do it through NCISA

We will make sure you get sent a receipt and all money will be put to buying shares however large or small the amount.

If you have enough funds to buy 4 x £30.00 yourself go straight to the club if you so wish.

Paying by cash to committee members will have the same result.

We don''t mind how or how much every little will help.[:)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Whats the plan? Will there be something on the website telling us how we can purchase some shares?

Do we have to meet in a layby with a suspicious looking brown paper bag stuffed full of fivers?

Shall I just slip a couple of twenties in your back pocket next time I see you in the pub?

[/quote]

Donate through the website and e-mail contact@ncisa.co.uk, if you want to do it through NCISA

We will make sure you get sent a receipt and all money will be put to buying shares however large or small the amount.

If you have enough funds to buy 4 x £30.00 yourself go straight to the club if you so wish.

[/quote]

Just to add to that, I''m a bit concerned that people may have be put off by the minimum four share purchase requirement. The whole point of what we''ve put together is intended to ensure that even someone who wants to donate a fiver (or even less) can feel that they have played a part in helping the club. NO donation is too small. If we all just give what we can afford we can make a huge difference, given that there are well over 26,000 of us!

I don''t think this is a particularly serious problem, and certainly not an immediate one, but at some point NCISA may have to think about whether or not it is going to vote its shares en bloc, and - if so - how it is going to decide which way to vote.

PC whilst that''s a valid point with the way voting works it''s immaterial really.

If Smith and Jones want to vote any particular way they will win no matter what. I guess the only time it could have an effect is if NCISA wanted to protest vote like I did a few times (via proxy) against the reappointment of Doomcaster. Obviously my tiny shareholding of 16 shares made no difference or any impact with the club.

Butler I asked for the guarantee and I confess I know nothing of the legality of buying/selling shares but I guess that''s the best I will get, thank you.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]PC whilst that''s a valid point with the way voting works it''s immaterial really. If Smith and Jones want to vote any particular way they will win no matter what. I guess the only time it could have an effect is if NCISA wanted to protest vote like I did a few times (via proxy) against the reappointment of Doomcaster. Obviously my tiny shareholding of 16 shares made no difference or any impact with the club. Butler I asked for the guarantee and I confess I know nothing of the legality of buying/selling shares but I guess that''s the best I will get, thank you. Davo[/quote]

---

Davo, of course Smith and Jones can win any shareholder vote. But there can, as you indicate, be occasions where casting a vote one way or another has at least symbolic force. It may be NCISA never again gets in the position where it feels the need to make a protest. However, given that these shares will have been paid for by all sorts of people (including non-members), I can see questions being raised as to what mandate NCISA has IF it ever decides to vote en bloc on a controversial issue.

One obvious solution would be always to abstain, or to vote only if a poll of NCISA members showed a clear majority one way or another.

I don''t think this is a particularly serious problem, and certainly not an immediate one, but at some point NCISA may have to think about whether or not it is going to vote its shares en bloc, and - if so - how it is going to decide which way to vote.

[/quote]Simple Purple... give the casting vote to Smudger, because we all know that he always proves to be right in the long run, don''t we??? [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Simple Purple... give the casting vote to Smudger, because we all know that he always proves to be right in the long run, don''t we??? [;)]
[/quote]

Absolutely, Smudger. That is, if you are going by the First Wizard definition of "always proves to be right in the long run" then you have indeed always proved to be right in the long run...[;)][:P][;)]

[quote user="Davo"]PC whilst that''s a valid point with the way voting works it''s immaterial really. If Smith and Jones want to vote any particular way they will win no matter what. I guess the only time it could have an effect is if NCISA wanted to protest vote like I did a few times (via proxy) against the reappointment of Doomcaster. Obviously my tiny shareholding of 16 shares made no difference or any impact with the club. Butler I asked for the guarantee and I confess I know nothing of the legality of buying/selling shares but I guess that''s the best I will get, thank you. Davo[/quote]

---

Davo, of course Smith and Jones can win any shareholder vote. But there can, as you indicate, be occasions where casting a vote one way or another has at least symbolic force. It may be NCISA never again gets in the position where it feels the need to make a protest. However, given that these shares will have been paid for by all sorts of people (including non-members), I can see questions being raised as to what mandate NCISA has IF it ever decides to vote en bloc on a controversial issue.

One obvious solution would be always to abstain, or to vote only if a poll of NCISA members showed a clear majority one way or another.

[/quote]

PC, given that non members may be contributing I would suggest ( and I stress that this is a personal view at this juncture) that the logical solution would be to always abstain. I certainly wouldn''t want this issue to be a dealbreaker in people''s decision as to whether or not they wish to support the club, which is the fundamental issue here, not Ncisa as a shareholder.

Can I ask whether this is a concern for people, in which case I will obtain a definitive decision?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

---

[/quote]

PC, given that non members may be contributing I would suggest ( and I stress that this is a personal view at this juncture) that the logical solution would be to always abstain. I certainly wouldn''t want this issue to be a dealbreaker in people''s decision as to whether or not they wish to support the club, which is the fundamental issue here, not Ncisa as a shareholder.

Can I ask whether this is a concern for people, in which case I will obtain a definitive decision?

[/quote]

Beau, this is in part why I raised the question. I do think permanent abstention would be the safest course of action, so that people don''t feel the money they''ve contributed is helping to create a block vote (albeit an ineffective one) over which they then have little or no control and which might be cast the wrong way as far as they are concerned.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beau, this is in part why I raised the question. I do think permanent abstention would be the safest course of action, so that people don''t feel the money they''ve contributed is helping to create a block vote (albeit an ineffective one) over which they then have little or no control and which might be cast the wrong way as far as they are concerned.

[/quote]

Thank you for raising this issue PC, one I must admit I had not considered, as raising the money was our first and primary concern.

As you say, unless far more money than we expect comes in,any vote would be a token gesture against such a large holding of shares owned by Smith and Jones,

We are first and foremost a democratic committee and I have e-mailed ALL members for their views.

My suggestion to them is that we should obstain from voting with any shares purchased by donations or new memberships taken during this period.

Knowing the reasonableness(if thats a word) of mind of the present members I do not envisage a problem.(4 have already replied in agreement)

[quote user="Smudger"]

Simple Purple... give the casting vote to Smudger, because we all know that he always proves to be right in the long run, don''t we??? [;)]

[/quote]Were you right when you said this about Wes eighteen months ago smudger?

"Not the brightest spark in the book and a crap footballer too!"

And on the same page........

"Hoolihan is crap!!!!"

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/1672654/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="The Butler"]Anybody still doubt the wisdom of finding some money for at least Leon Barnett[:D][/quote]

Would be great if we could keep him, but for the fans to find even half of the £750k that WBA may want for him is a big ask in less than 2 months.

Think we have to reply on Mr Foulger, Delia & hubby to come up with the goods after Xmas if they want to keep him as much as us.

Still a good idea to raise money for a players fund but I think Leon is a project too soon.

[/quote]Think you''re looking at under 500k to sign Barnett ca, players nearly out of contract go for a fraction of their true worth.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]
Think you''re looking at under 500k to sign Barnett ca, players nearly out of contract go for a fraction of their true worth.
[/quote]

Plus his wages and he must be on a fair whack [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Think you''re looking at under 500k to sign Barnett ca, players nearly out of contract go for a fraction of their true worth.[/quote]

Plus his wages and he must be on a fair whack [:)]

[/quote]If we can get Whitbread fit we could sell Nelson to free up money to pay his wages, mind you pigs are more likely to fly than Whitbread ever getting fit.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"]So, what do we do Chris?Whats the plan? Will there be something on the website telling us how we can purchase some shares?Do we have to meet in a layby with a suspicious looking brown paper bag stuffed full of fivers?Shall I just slip a couple of twenties in your back pocket next time I see you in the pub?[:D][/quote]

[/quote]Thanks.What I''m thinking is buying my kids a £30 share each as a stocking filler. Would they get any kind of certificate to certify that they are a (albeit small) shareholder in their football club?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks.

What I''m thinking is buying my kids a £30 share each as a stocking filler. Would they get any kind of certificate to certify that they are a (albeit small) shareholder in their football club?
[/quote]

Thanks Morty.

It would be another tie that linked them to the club.

Having met the juniors I must say they are a credit to you (but don''t tell them I said so)[;)]

FAO Morty.

As the Junior Mortys are under 18 years of age the share certificates will have to be in your name with their full initials beside your name.You hold them on their behalf until they reach the age of 18.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

FAO Morty.

As the Junior Mortys are under 18 years of age the share certificates will have to be in your name with their full initials beside your name.You hold them on their behalf until they reach the age of 18.

[/quote]Nice one, cheers John.And thank you for your kind comments Chris.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

FAO Morty.

[/quote]

Nice one, cheers John.

And thank you for your kind comments Chris.

[:)]
[/quote]

I''d second The Butler''s comment. They''re lovely lads and good lunch companions (and boy can they demolish a burger!)

Buy shares and re-invest your rebate.Both excellent ideas - great move.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

FAO Morty.

[/quote]Nice one, cheers John.And thank you for your kind comments Chris.[:)][/quote]

I''d second The Butler''s comment. They''re lovely lads and good lunch companions (and boy can they demolish a burger!)

[/quote]Why thank you. To be fair they were fantastic burgers, and it won''t be the last time I have one in the Nelson!