Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

We are backing City

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

I am happy to see that NCISA are finally offering their support to fans who were prepared to give the club money to ensure the signing of Barnett if indeed that is what Lambert requires. This I see as a positive move as our tens of thousands can now become a much larger amount.

I must say however that I am quite concerned at some of Beausants replies on here, not everybody agrees with any decision and you cant just go around knocking people that dont agree with you as anger often brings out comments that show your true colours. Personally I am not happy at the comment Beausant has made regarding how much he is giving and indicating therefore that he is some sort of hero. You must remember that a large number of us did not take the rebate and had we have followed NCISA reccomendations we would probably have not signed Grant Holt would probably still be in league 1 or worse administration. I have never and will never ask for a pat on the back for letting the club keep mine and my families money ( at the time this was at great financial hardship ) but you will recall we faced the ridicule of the NCISA. So if you were asking me the same question as you have asked Yankee I would have to answer a lot more than you mate and because I ignored your instructions not only was my money doubled but it was given when the club was in great need. I also read your response as saying that now you have changed your mind those who dont now give will be ridiculed ad considered not real fans.

I fear from your responses that to get membership you will champion the thought of the week instead of looking at the bigger picture, a good example of this being on the one hand you think people should hand over money on the other hand you are championing cheap football for certain groups, even though this could effect the clubs finances.  

Times have changed at our football club and the most trusted person in our club is Mr McNally. If McNally would have come to the fans explaining that Lambert needed Barnett 20000 + people would get behind him. NCISA should be advising the club this and giving it every bit of support neccessary not looking to be the saviours of our club. McNally is the leader of everything to do with this club.    

[/quote]To be fair, NCISA could find a cure for cancer, and some people would still have a dig. There are some people here who feel the need to be idiots, based on past experiences, rather than actually seeing this for what it is.

[quote user="morty"]

To be fair, NCISA could find a cure for cancer, and some people would still have a dig. There are some people here who feel the need to be idiots, based on past experiences, rather than actually seeing this for what it is.
[/quote]

I totally disagree with that Morty. Just because they don''t see things the way you do doesn''t mean they don''t see things for what they are.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]

To be fair, NCISA could find a cure for cancer, and some people would still have a dig. There are some people here who feel the need to be idiots, based on past experiences, rather than actually seeing this for what it is.[/quote]

I totally disagree with that Morty. Just because they don''t see things the way you do doesn''t mean they don''t see things for what they are.

[/quote]And I disagree with your point. Its the same old faces who would swear the sky was green if the NCISA policy said otherwise. And that isn''t directed at you in any way, its a generalisation, based on my observations of several posters.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Thank you again YC for your valiant attempt to derail yet another positive NCISA thread.

We will accept that the only contribution from your good self will be a verbal one.

That will save me the effort of asking Michael to double nothing.

[/quote]

Excuse me Butler. With respect to de-railing I think you have me confused with your fellow committee member. I made a perfectly sensible and, I think, positive suggestion. It seems to me you thanked me for it on Page 3. Beauseant decided to self-derail the thread on Page 4 by asking me what I think is a totally inappropriate question, obviously because he has not quite overcome the last thread where he decided ( unprovoked ) to attack me only to have it backfire on him. Butler, please point out to me where I de-railed the thread. Surely I''m entitled to ask Beauseant what possessed him to ask a crass question such as he did? Which is precisely what I did, politely If I may say so. I''m not calling Beauseant or you bad names, which is quite the opposite of what is being cast in my direction. Do you think this reflects well on NCISA? You say ( indeed Beauseant stated again on this very thread ) that you are open to ideas. Pray tell me what is wrong with the idea that I posted on this thread? However, even if you think there is something wrong with it it is no excuse for the kind of reaction being demonstrated by committee members of the new NCISA.

Lambert is King rather than repeat again your post and make this thread even longer I will try and answer your points,if I can.

At a free vote in St Andrews Hall of 500+  fans a % stated that they would  take their rebate. This was not a sole NCISA meeting and indeed many many non members attended. The % reflected what actually happened, as ticket holders across the spectrum of fans reclaimed their money. This followed relegation and the re appointment of Gunn as manager remember.

I cannot recall NCISA mocking anybody over this as it was always a "free choice" and based on the individuals feelings at the time.

No we will not be comparing who gives what or if they give at all. Again that is a free choice left to all fans,season ticket holding does NOT enter into it.

All NCISA are trying to do is act as a catalyst , as has been suggested in many quarters,to bring together help from the fans in a tangible way.

If you feel offended by that action then I am sorry but no offence to ANYONE is intended.

YC I answered your post yet you persisted in your usual patronizing manor. I have got used to it and ignore the tone and try and look for the intent.

Therefore I will repeat, we are in touch with the club and I am waiting on a statement from them ,that I can post on here, rather than a verbal one.

Perhaps the question "are you contributing financialy" rather that how much would have been better.Therfore giving you a chance of a simple YES or NO.

The last thing needed is for this thread to "be taken off course" like so many about NCISA.

One small point YC remember the time difference, we are posting after a very long day, you,I assume, are fresh as a daisy. So I will wish you good night as I start another long day.

Get real folks,

There are players earming thousands of pounds a week who tell us that they dream of playing in the premiership. What are they donating to the cause? when I see commitment from them i''ll consider giving some of my earmings until then sorry I''m out. I bought shares after the ITV collapse as I thought this might help the clubs realise the real problem it obviously didn''t.

The club(s) need to get real and start addressing the "real" problem.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Get real folks,

There are players earming thousands of pounds a week who tell us that they dream of playing in the premiership. What are they donating to the cause? when I see commitment from them i''ll consider giving some of my earmings until then sorry I''m out. I bought shares after the ITV collapse as I thought this might help the clubs realise the real problem it obviously didn''t.

The club(s) need to get real and start addressing the "real" problem.

[/quote]

Thank you for giving your time to post your thoughts

I hope you enjoy the game this afternoon and those players can bring us the three points.

Plenty of really good ideas here but as usual personalties start getting in the way and clouding people judgements around an inititiative that can only be positive!  Leave the squabbling guys but take out what has been a range of positive reaction and suggestions on how we as a set of fans can support our clubs. 

• it is an excellent initiative from NCISA
    • it enables the financially restricted fan, like myself, to make an affordable contribution without the worry its a waste of cash - its the power of the collective over the individual.
    • no - its not a long term financial solution,  buts its an way for fans to come together and feel that they can make a difference.  We are realistic enough to recognise that players wages and transfer fees are extortionate,  but if it tips the balance of securing Barnett for the rest of the season whats not to like?
    • however I do feel that what people choose to give is a personal matter;  and individuals being challenged on how they will support is not appropriate. 

• Cluck is right - NCISA should be about pulling the fans together at all levels - but I see this initiative as just one way that meets those objectives;  if it is the sole activity then NCISA has not moved on - keep a mix of activities aimed across the board and the concerns Cluck has raised can also be met and suggestions from several posters meet those aims, as do some of the more recent events. NCISA should aim at both big and small initiatives. 
  • To those that state the finances are the clubs issue to addess - yes you are right, but it is also their responsibility  to generate a sustainable fan base - so if NCISA can legitimately support that aim why not finances as well.  They need not be mutually exclusive.
  • Yankees question is a reasonable one.   Have the club been approached to see whether there is anyway to raise the profile of this further and potentially increase the funds raised? It does not have to be Foulger but every little helps. And the answer of "we are talking" should be a sufficient answer. 

Keep up the good work all. 

I applaud what NCISA are trying to do,but the Great Drinkell also makes a good point to which The Butler has made an (unnecessary) sarcastic response. This is the sort of thing that gets up peoples noses where NCISA are concerned.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Plenty of really good ideas here but as usual personalties start getting in the way and clouding people judgements around an inititiative that can only be positive!  Leave the squabbling guys but take out what has been a range of positive reaction and suggestions on how we as a set of fans can support our clubs. 

• it is an excellent initiative from NCISA

• it enables the financially restricted fan, like myself, to make an affordable contribution without the worry its a waste of cash - its the power of the collective over the individual.

• no - its not a long term financial solution,  buts its an way for fans to come together and feel that they can make a difference.  We are realistic enough to recognise that players wages and transfer fees are extortionate,  but if it tips the balance of securing Barnett for the rest of the season whats not to like?

• however I do feel that what people choose to give is a personal matter;  and individuals being challenged on how they will support is not appropriate. 

• Cluck is right - NCISA should be about pulling the fans together at all levels - but I see this initiative as just one way that meets those objectives;  if it is the sole activity then NCISA has not moved on - keep a mix of activities aimed across the board and the concerns Cluck has raised can also be met and suggestions from several posters meet those aims, as do some of the more recent events. NCISA should aim at both big and small initiatives. 

• To those that state the finances are the clubs issue to addess - yes you are right, but it is also their responsibility  to generate a sustainable fan base - so if NCISA can legitimately support that aim why not finances as well.  They need not be mutually exclusive.

• Yankees question is a reasonable one.   Have the club been approached to see whether there is anyway to raise the profile of this further and potentially increase the funds raised? It does not have to be Foulger but every little helps. And the answer of "we are talking" should be a sufficient answer. 

Keep up the good work all. 

[/quote]

Thanks for an excellent post Zipper. I agree that amounts are irrelevant, and shouldn''t have been introduced. The only reason they were was that I was trying to ensure that this didn''t turn into pages and pages of irrelevant argument and diatribe from someone who I knew wouldn''t support anything that Ncisa had touched. As it''s now crystal clear that that''s the case we can move on to making this campaign work and hopefully help the club get further ahead of schedule.

To say that Ncisa is abuzz with ideas would be an understatement. We are currently having to put some things on the back burner to avoid overstretching ourselves. We are, after all, just 11(currently) enthusiastic volunteers but I can assure you that we''re putting in big shifts and that we are listening to every single suggestion.

Merely a suggestion,but how about getting all the other Canaries groups on board,Capitals,Northern etc etc etc.Strength in numbers and all that.

After 5 pages I''ll just say this, cheer up, we''ve still got Delia and Fry and their collective multi millions to fall back on, er, hang on..........[:S]

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]I applaud what NCISA are trying to do,but the Great Drinkell also makes a good point to which The Butler has made an (unnecessary) sarcastic response. This is the sort of thing that gets up peoples noses where NCISA are concerned.[/quote]

Sorry if you thought that was sarcastic I thought I was being polite to someone who goes out of his way to knock everything NCISA tries to do.

Next Fridays forum with, funnily enough, Kevin Drinkell being an excellent example.

It''s another case of if we reply we are wrong if we don''t reply we are ignoring people.

NCISA is made up of ordinary people giving their time to try and make a difference for Norwich City Football Club and it''s fans.

If you cut us do we not bleed, if you insult does it not hurt.(or something)

Every idea put forward, I promise you is considered and as Beau rightly states, the problem is not ideas but time to get them all going.

This one was,in our opinion, a priority as we need all the time we can get before the Jan window.

No hidden agendas, no "self gratification" just a wish to try and make a difference.

[quote user="Herman "]Merely a suggestion,but how about getting all the other Canaries groups on board,Capitals,Northern etc etc etc.Strength in numbers and all that.[/quote]

Good point, Herman, and one we are acting on. As I''ve said, while we''ve launched the initiative, this isn''t all about Ncisa, and we hope that the other groups will back what is a campaign to help the club.

[quote user="Herman "]Merely a suggestion,but how about getting all the other Canaries groups on board,Capitals,Northern etc etc etc.Strength in numbers and all that.[/quote]

Thanks Herman that is on going.(via our lovelly Kathy)

They like us have priorities and getting everyone together is not easy.

Thank heaven for e-mail!!

OK wasn''t aware of previous - just reading this page alone for a bit of catch up that''s how it came across. I do applaud what you are trying to do, it''s just that when clubs can actually go out of busines for the same amount as a top players wage for a week then something is fundamentally wrong.

[quote user="First Wizard"]After 5 pages I''ll just say this, cheer up, we''ve still got Delia and Fry and their collective multi millions to fall back on, er, hang on..........[:S][/quote]

I''m not a big Delia fan but hasn''t she just bankrolled us with the Waitrose deal?

No benefit of hindight was required to see that the owners were already taking action to change  the club after relegation. No hindsight was required to see that the NCISA was more interesting in protesting than finding ways to support the club. No hindsight is required to see that the NCISA actively participated in trying to prevent increased funding of the promotion bid when the club was down. No words can justify this shameful action. That the NCISA is still in denial is clear. A true friend, a true supporter supports you in the bad times as well as the good times. However, I fully support the current iniative. All that is required is that supporters so inclined contact the club at the email address on the club website and the club will provide  share application details. The  minimum share application is  4 shares of 30 pounds each. The club is legally prevented from actively seeking to sell shares though.

As another poster mentioned though increased share funding will not address the problems in football. What the NCISA should be actively doing is supporting the owners and UEFA in pushing for player wages to be limited to a proportion of revenue as in league two for a fairer positon for all clubs and fans. Using money that you can''t afford is cheating plain and simply and like other sports those who are found to be cheating by going into administration should be banned from competition and excluded from the league and have to start from scratch.

I''m grateful for T to raising an important point, ie the minimum share purchase. This really is a major part of our initiative, in that many people will not have £120 to spare, so by being able to pool their funds with those of others via bulk purchase they can still play a part in helping the club without overstretching themselves.

But T,does a true friend/supporter constantly sit back and watch the same mistakes being made time and time again,without saying something.There comes a time when you have to kick up a fuss.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]I applaud what NCISA are trying to do,but the Great Drinkell also makes a good point to which The Butler has made an (unnecessary) sarcastic response. This is the sort of thing that gets up peoples noses where NCISA are concerned.[/quote]

Sorry if you thought that was sarcastic I thought I was being polite to someone who goes out of his way to knock everything NCISA tries to do.

Next Fridays forum with, funnily enough, Kevin Drinkell being an excellent example.

It''s another case of if we reply we are wrong if we don''t reply we are ignoring people.

NCISA is made up of ordinary people giving their time to try and make a difference for Norwich City Football Club and it''s fans.

Every idea put forward, I promise you is considered and as Beau rightly states, the problem is not ideas but time to get them all going.

This one was,in our opinion, a priority as we need all the time we can get before the Jan window.

No hidden agendas, no "self gratification" just a wish to try and make a difference.

[/quote]

Far from It Butler, I know very little about what Nicsa do. I have not in my memory ever been anti (I will happily with draw this if you can proof differently. The Drinkell forum I hope is a great success for the great man. I also hope the players who turn out today also do the business and get 3 points.

I''m simply trying to make the point that as fans we are never happy. when we got the chance to pay off our debts the fans demanded that we spent money to try and stay up. therefore we were relegated and skint. until these overpaid players (and I''m talking generally here) realise they are raping the clubs there will be no cure,

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote] Far from It Butler, I know very little about what Nicsa do. I have not in my memory ever been anti (I will happily with draw this if you can proof differently. The Drinkell forum I hope is a great success for the great man. I also hope the players who turn out today also do the business and get 3 points. I''m simply trying to make the point that as fans we are never happy. when we got the chance to pay off our debts the fans demanded that we spent money to try and stay up. therefore we were relegated and skint. until these overpaid players (and I''m talking generally here) realise they are raping the clubs there will be no cure,[/quote]

If that is the case then please accept my apologies.

I agree about the players as all true fans of football will.

I very much doubt however that NCISA would hold much sway with FIFA![:)]

Our efforts must be directed to our small part of the world and try and make a difference here and that is truly what we are trying to do, IF people let us.

Have a good afternoon (3points please)

No doubt - good luck to NCISA with this idea - a very positive move which I hope goes well.

[quote user="T"]

No benefit of hindight was required to see that the owners were already taking action to change  the club after relegation. No hindsight was required to see that the NCISA was more interesting in protesting than finding ways to support the club. No hindsight is required to see that the NCISA actively participated in trying to prevent increased funding of the promotion bid when the club was down. No words can justify this shameful action. That the NCISA is still in denial is clear. A true friend, a true supporter supports you in the bad times as well as the good times. However, I fully support the current iniative. All that is required is that supporters so inclined contact the club at the email address on the club website and the club will provide  share application details. The  minimum share application is  4 shares of 30 pounds each. The club is legally prevented from actively seeking to sell shares though.

As another poster mentioned though increased share funding will not address the problems in football. What the NCISA should be actively doing is supporting the owners and UEFA in pushing for player wages to be limited to a proportion of revenue as in league two for a fairer positon for all clubs and fans. Using money that you can''t afford is cheating plain and simply and like other sports those who are found to be cheating by going into administration should be banned from competition and excluded from the league and have to start from scratch.

[/quote]What utter tosh from Mr T. The offer of a rebate subject to relegation WAS MADE BY THE CLUB to attract season ticket renewals before the club''s fate would be known. If they couldn''t afford to make this offer THEY SHOULDN''T HAVE MADE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. It''s like betting, only wager what you can afford to lose. Having been made the offer how is it disloyal to accept it? The idea that this was a NCISA initiative is urban fokelore. NCISA''s membership at the time (and probably even now) was far less than those who attended the St Andrew''s Hall meeting. The taking of the rebate was a freedom of choice decision taken by many fans for a variety of reasons including a sign of protest at the owners mismanagement of the club and the reasonable view that a lower standard of football should cost less than a higher standard. If we hadn''t been humiliated by Colchester United on the opening day of the season would anything have changed? I may be wrong but I seem to recall Delia supporting Fester even after this debacle. I have often wondered if the two fans who invaded the pitch and threw their season tickets at Gunn was the catalyst for his removal based on the fear that many other fans might walk away from the joke that the club had become.Fortunately the club now seems to be run by a chairman and CEO who have an idea of what they are doing. Let''s hope that the majority share holders don''t try to interfere with their progress and repeat the mistakes of the past.

Unfortunately, some people are more concerned with there own self righteousness than the good of the club and therefore completely miss the point. I have never said that people were not entitled to take the rebate. I have never said that the NCISA were alone in actively calling to reduce the funding available for promotion.  The lack of literacy and logic are quite disturbing: Before saying something is utter tosh trying reading it, understanding it and responding to the points made rather than the usual irrelevant rant.

[quote user="T"]No doubt - good luck to NCISA with this idea - a very positive move which I hope goes well.[/quote]

Thanks T all we need is some positive results from the supporters to match the teams efforts.

[quote user="T"]

Unfortunately, some people are more concerned with there own self righteousness than the good of the club and therefore completely miss the point. I have never said that people were not entitled to take the rebate. I have never said that the NCISA were alone in actively calling to reduce the funding available for promotion.  The lack of literacy and logic are quite disturbing: Before saying something is utter tosh trying reading it, understanding it and responding to the points made rather than the usual irrelevant rant.

[/quote]T wrote:"No hindsight was required to see that the NCISA was more interesting in

protesting than finding ways to support the club. No hindsight is

required to see that the NCISA actively participated in trying to

prevent increased funding of the promotion bid when the club was down.

No words can justify this shameful action. That the NCISA is still in

denial is clear."Just what is it I have failed to understand?