Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

We are backing City

The thoughts behind the NCISA iniative as well as the positive part of the suggestion by Cluck both have merit and, are not mutually exclusive. However, if all season ticket holders had not claimed their rebate on that past occasion then Mr. Foulger would have been matching that money pound for pound to add to player strengthening. As we know, that would have amounted to just over a million pounds, or 200,000 additional members of NCISA. Kind of puts things into perspective doesn''t it.  

Beauseant, you say hindsight is an exact science. I suspect Mr. Foulger, however, was dealing with insight as a member of the NCFC Board. I wonder if a better initiative by NCISA might have been to approach Mr. Foulger first and see if he was up to matching a fan initiative this time around?         

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

The thoughts behind the NCISA iniative as well as the positive part of the suggestion by Cluck both have merit and, are not mutually exclusive. However, if all season ticket holders had not claimed their rebate on that past occasion then Mr. Foulger would have been matching that money pound for pound to add to player strengthening. As we know, that would have amounted to just over a million pounds, or 200,000 additional members of NCISA. Kind of puts things into perspective doesn''t it.  

Beauseant, you say hindsight is an exact science. I suspect Mr. Foulger, however, was dealing with insight as a member of the NCFC Board. I wonder if a better initiative by NCISA might have been to approach Mr. Foulger first and see if he was up to matching a fan initiative this time around?         

[/quote]

Thanks for your thoughts YC.

We are in touch with the club of course.

No doubt if Michael still has the spare cash around he will be using it to it''s best advantage for the club.

Lets hope that NCISA has as much influence this time round as we were supposed to have last time.[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Unfortunately I deal with realism Morty as my days of dreaming are far behind me.The truth is, Paul Lambert will be quite happy to consolidate our position at this level..... as will the rest of the club hierarchy. One more player brought in at this stage of re-construction will simply add to the pay-roll cost and not secure anything. Based on cost... work out logically what a small sum from the NCISA would buy these days?Also....based on past performance in the Premiership... do you honestly believe Smith and Co. would spend big rather than pay down debt? It would simply be the same old same old... a stable full of cheap foreign imports and a good manager walking away out of frustration. Should this happen then the plunge down the leagues which would follow would be catastrophic.Pushing a few shares around has nothing to do with wanting the best for NCFC.... but getting disenfranchised young fans back on board is

[/quote]Blimey, hide the razor blades!!Who are these disenfranchised fans exactly, by the way? The ground is packed to the rafters with kids![/quote]They are the local kids who''s parents can no longer afford the price of a ticket.... or play the cynical season ticket holder scam game....There may well be a shed load of Deliarite luvvies bringing their spoiled brats along to watch the soccer (as opposed to rugger)... but like Cluedo....it all gets sooooooo very boring for them after a while.Then what will Mary do for lambs?

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Unfortunately I deal with realism Morty as my days of dreaming are far behind me.The truth is, Paul Lambert will be quite happy to consolidate our position at this level..... as will the rest of the club hierarchy. One more player brought in at this stage of re-construction will simply add to the pay-roll cost and not secure anything. Based on cost... work out logically what a small sum from the NCISA would buy these days?Also....based on past performance in the Premiership... do you honestly believe Smith and Co. would spend big rather than pay down debt? It would simply be the same old same old... a stable full of cheap foreign imports and a good manager walking away out of frustration. Should this happen then the plunge down the leagues which would follow would be catastrophic.Pushing a few shares around has nothing to do with wanting the best for NCFC.... but getting disenfranchised young fans back on board is

[/quote]Blimey, hide the razor blades!!Who are these disenfranchised fans exactly, by the way? The ground is packed to the rafters with kids![/quote]They are the local kids who''s parents can no longer afford the price of a ticket.... or play the cynical season ticket holder scam game....There may well be a shed load of Deliarite luvvies bringing their spoiled brats along to watch the soccer (as opposed to rugger)... but like Cluedo....it all gets sooooooo very boring for them after a while.Then what will Mary do for lambs?[/quote]So what about "kids for a quid"? And my youngest lad''s season ticket actually works out about six quid for a game, I don''t think you can even take kids to the cinema for that kind of money.I put to to you sir, that you are talking out of your flue.[:)]

Well I think thats a great idea ncisa and together with the other benefits members are now going to enjoy I''ve decided to get off the fence and rejoin at the Keven Drinkell night.

To me there is some good stuff happening but you know me [:)], if I think you''re going off course I''ll let you know [:)]

Sorry guys but I''m with Cluck on this one.  The investment of NCISA will be a mere spit in the wind for the gallons of cash that will be required for even a third rate squad player.  The funds you are raising initially should be used to generate more cash first before handing over to the club.  Much better to develop an income generating idea that multiplies NCISA members investments so that when it is eventually handed over it will really make a difference (rather than just pay for a hour of the player''s agents time to attend the signing on ceremony).  I recognise that such efforts will miss the boat for this transfer window but Cluck is not far off track by suggesting some kind of members event that actually generates further cash.

Surely the creative nouse within NCISA can get their heads together to use the money currently being asked for to invest in a number of events etc that can then generate even more money.  Now that would be better approach and one many charities adopt.

Not poo-poohing this just seems a wasted opportunity for NCISA to start a new significant income generating source for the club.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Unfortunately I deal with realism Morty as my days of dreaming are far behind me.The truth is, Paul Lambert will be quite happy to consolidate our position at this level..... as will the rest of the club hierarchy. One more player brought in at this stage of re-construction will simply add to the pay-roll cost and not secure anything. Based on cost... work out logically what a small sum from the NCISA would buy these days?Also....based on past performance in the Premiership... do you honestly believe Smith and Co. would spend big rather than pay down debt? It would simply be the same old same old... a stable full of cheap foreign imports and a good manager walking away out of frustration. Should this happen then the plunge down the leagues which would follow would be catastrophic.Pushing a few shares around has nothing to do with wanting the best for NCFC.... but getting disenfranchised young fans back on board is

[/quote]Blimey, hide the razor blades!!Who are these disenfranchised fans exactly, by the way? The ground is packed to the rafters with kids![/quote]They are the local kids who''s parents can no longer afford the price of a ticket.... or play the cynical season ticket holder scam game....There may well be a shed load of Deliarite luvvies bringing their spoiled brats along to watch the soccer (as opposed to rugger)... but like Cluedo....it all gets sooooooo very boring for them after a while.Then what will Mary do for lambs?[/quote]So what about "kids for a quid"? And my youngest lad''s season ticket actually works out about six quid for a game, I don''t think you can even take kids to the cinema for that kind of money.I put to to you sir, that you are talking out of your flue.[:)][/quote]I think you slot nicely into the ''I''m alright Jack'' catagory. I too could readily afford it and my kids are now grown up.... but I know for a fact that my father could not have done so when I was small at current cost.  I fear for the future of NCFC when the overpriced ''soccer'' bubble bursts ..... and you lose the local support and the grassroot fanbase at your peril. It should be kids for 2 quid every week... and it''s buy one, get one in free at most cinemas if you choose the right day to go. The club knows there are hundreds of cinemas to choose from.... but only one NCFC ..... and so there you have it.Delia''s Monopoly game goes on.... and she''s now got out of jail and bought a hotel.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Unfortunately I deal with realism Morty as my days of dreaming are far behind me.The truth is, Paul Lambert will be quite happy to consolidate our position at this level..... as will the rest of the club hierarchy. One more player brought in at this stage of re-construction will simply add to the pay-roll cost and not secure anything. Based on cost... work out logically what a small sum from the NCISA would buy these days?Also....based on past performance in the Premiership... do you honestly believe Smith and Co. would spend big rather than pay down debt? It would simply be the same old same old... a stable full of cheap foreign imports and a good manager walking away out of frustration. Should this happen then the plunge down the leagues which would follow would be catastrophic.Pushing a few shares around has nothing to do with wanting the best for NCFC.... but getting disenfranchised young fans back on board is

[/quote]Blimey, hide the razor blades!!Who are these disenfranchised fans exactly, by the way? The ground is packed to the rafters with kids![/quote]They are the local kids who''s parents can no longer afford the price of a ticket.... or play the cynical season ticket holder scam game....There may well be a shed load of Deliarite luvvies bringing their spoiled brats along to watch the soccer (as opposed to rugger)... but like Cluedo....it all gets sooooooo very boring for them after a while.Then what will Mary do for lambs?[/quote]So what about "kids for a quid"? And my youngest lad''s season ticket actually works out about six quid for a game, I don''t think you can even take kids to the cinema for that kind of money.I put to to you sir, that you are talking out of your flue.[:)][/quote]I think you slot nicely into the ''I''m alright Jack'' catagory. I too could readily afford it and my kids are now grown up.... but I know for a fact that my father could not have done so when I was small at current cost.  I fear for the future of NCFC when the overpriced ''soccer'' bubble bursts ..... and you lose the local support and the grassroot fanbase at your peril. It should be kids for 2 quid every week... and it''s buy one, get one in free at most cinemas if you choose the right day to go. The club knows there are hundreds of cinemas to choose from.... but only one NCFC ..... and so there you have it.Delia''s Monopoly game goes on.... and she''s now got out of jail and bought a hotel.[/quote]I think you are confusing the business of football with some kind of charity.Its no longer the 1950''s where you can but a car for threepence hapenny.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Unfortunately I deal with realism Morty as my days of dreaming are far behind me.The truth is, Paul Lambert will be quite happy to consolidate our position at this level..... as will the rest of the club hierarchy. One more player brought in at this stage of re-construction will simply add to the pay-roll cost and not secure anything. Based on cost... work out logically what a small sum from the NCISA would buy these days?Also....based on past performance in the Premiership... do you honestly believe Smith and Co. would spend big rather than pay down debt? It would simply be the same old same old... a stable full of cheap foreign imports and a good manager walking away out of frustration. Should this happen then the plunge down the leagues which would follow would be catastrophic.Pushing a few shares around has nothing to do with wanting the best for NCFC.... but getting disenfranchised young fans back on board is

[/quote]Blimey, hide the razor blades!!Who are these disenfranchised fans exactly, by the way? The ground is packed to the rafters with kids![/quote]They are the local kids who''s parents can no longer afford the price of a ticket.... or play the cynical season ticket holder scam game....There may well be a shed load of Deliarite luvvies bringing their spoiled brats along to watch the soccer (as opposed to rugger)... but like Cluedo....it all gets sooooooo very boring for them after a while.Then what will Mary do for lambs?[/quote]So what about "kids for a quid"? And my youngest lad''s season ticket actually works out about six quid for a game, I don''t think you can even take kids to the cinema for that kind of money.I put to to you sir, that you are talking out of your flue.[:)][/quote]I think you slot nicely into the ''I''m alright Jack'' catagory. I too could readily afford it and my kids are now grown up.... but I know for a fact that my father could not have done so when I was small at current cost.  I fear for the future of NCFC when the overpriced ''soccer'' bubble bursts ..... and you lose the local support and the grassroot fanbase at your peril. It should be kids for 2 quid every week... and it''s buy one, get one in free at most cinemas if you choose the right day to go. The club knows there are hundreds of cinemas to choose from.... but only one NCFC ..... and so there you have it.Delia''s Monopoly game goes on.... and she''s now got out of jail and bought a hotel.[/quote]I think you are confusing the business of football with some kind of charity.Its no longer the 1950''s where you can but a car for threepence hapenny.[:)][/quote]At that point I disappear........

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Sorry guys but I''m with Cluck on this one.  The investment of NCISA will be a mere spit in the wind for the gallons of cash that will be required for even a third rate squad player.  The funds you are raising initially should be used to generate more cash first before handing over to the club.  Much better to develop an income generating idea that multiplies NCISA members investments so that when it is eventually handed over it will really make a difference (rather than just pay for a hour of the player''s agents time to attend the signing on ceremony).  I recognise that such efforts will miss the boat for this transfer window but Cluck is not far off track by suggesting some kind of members event that actually generates further cash.

Surely the creative nouse within NCISA can get their heads together to use the money currently being asked for to invest in a number of events etc that can then generate even more money.  Now that would be better approach and one many charities adopt.

Not poo-poohing this just seems a wasted opportunity for NCISA to start a new significant income generating source for the club.

[/quote]

Always open to any new ideas shef so e-mail me with your thoughts.

We are already organising further fund raising/members events and competitions.

I hope that the investment from NCISA will be added to by all those supporters who are keen for City''s success.

Then it will be a much bigger "a drop in the ocean"

Thanks Butler - something like a Race Night - small beer maybe but my sons Schools HSA raised over £3K at one of these recently for an initial investment of about £200!  That''s a multiple of 15 and everyone had a good time too!  Some even left slightly richer than they enterred the room.

If I have any more I''ll let you know.

Great stuff. Lots of input, good ideas and generally people have been positive. We are, as the Butler has said, open to ideas, so keep them coming.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

No doubt if Michael still has the spare cash around he will be using it to it''s best advantage for the club.

Lets hope that NCISA has as much influence this time round as we were supposed to have last time.[:D]

[/quote]

Butler, I''m sure you are in touch with the club but, specifically, did NCISA give consideration to asking Michael Foulger if he would consider supporting a "fan drive" on financial support this time, placing particular emphasis on the fact that the idea was his to begin with. Every man or woman that is prepared to do good appreciates a little extra recognition. Of course, he can do as you suggest, and choose to use his own cash to its best advantage to help the club, but it''s not quite the same as his cash having a doubling up incentive effect, is it?

Beau I guess I was hoping that you had agreed some kind of deal with the club much along the line of the share issue we did a few years back so that we could sign Hucks.

Still it''s a good idea. Ok it will only be a drop in the ocean but if that drop make the difference between signing and not signing Barnett then it will be worth it.

Still it''s worth thinking about once all the Christmas presents have been brought and paid for.

Davo

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Butler, I''m sure you are in touch with the club but, specifically, did NCISA give consideration to asking Michael Foulger if he would consider supporting a "fan drive" on financial support this time, placing particular emphasis on the fact that the idea was his to begin with. Every man or woman that is prepared to do good appreciates a little extra recognition. Of course, he can do as you suggest, and choose to use his own cash to its best advantage to help the club, but it''s not quite the same as his cash having a doubling up incentive effect, is it?

[/quote]

How much are you going to contribute?

[quote user="Davo"]Beau I guess I was hoping that you had agreed some kind of deal with the club much along the line of the share issue we did a few years back so that we could sign Hucks. Still it''s a good idea. Ok it will only be a drop in the ocean but if that drop make the difference between signing and not signing Barnett then it will be worth it. Still it''s worth thinking about once all the Christmas presents have been brought and paid for. Davo[/quote]

I am waiting on a definitive reply from the club which I will post as soon as I have it.

At present the general discussion is that every available pound NOT already earmarked will be available to Lambert.

Watch this space as they say.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beau, if you are open-minded, I''ve just provided a contribution. Why don''t you allow yourself to  react positively to that. Of course, that would require you to demonstrate maturity and get over your previous little outburst.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beau, if you are open-minded, I''ve just provided a contribution. Why don''t you allow yourself to  react positively to that. Of course, that would require you to demonstrate maturity and get over your previous little outburst.

[/quote]

I''m personally putting £100 towards the cause. I ask again, what are you going to contribute monetary terms to help your club?

Words, particularly of the weasel variety, won''t buy players.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m personally putting £100 towards the cause. I ask again, what are you going to contribute monetary terms to help your club?

[/quote]

Good gracious, you really are smarting from that previous exchange. What you put forward to help the cause is your business, not mine or that of anyone else. Now, given that you are not simply operating as an "individual poster" but have used this forum to conduct NCISA business are you making this intrusion on everyone''s level of financial support so as to make assessment on how each individual stacks up against your contribution? If so, is this official NCISA policy, or are you simply getting letting your "smarting" get in the way of good judgment. Either way, you are demonstrating very little class. These are things that people who have been well raised understand from an early age.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Well I think thats a great idea ncisa and together with the other benefits members are now going to enjoy I''ve decided to get off the fence and rejoin at the Keven Drinkell night.

To me there is some good stuff happening but you know me [:)], if I think you''re going off course I''ll let you know [:)]

[/quote]Well said City Angel, I will be re-joining next Friday too... [Y]If I get the good news that I am hoping for over the coming week then NCISA are also welcome to another £25.00 from me to put in to their little Kitty for Mr Lambert''s January spending too.

Thank you again YC for your valiant attempt to derail yet another positive NCISA thread.

We will accept that the only contribution from your good self will be a verbal one.

That will save me the effort of asking Michael to double nothing.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Well said City Angel, I will be re-joining next Friday too... [Y]

If I get the good news that I am hoping for over the coming week then NCISA are also welcome to another £25.00 from me to put in to their little Kitty for Mr Lambert''s January spending too.
[/quote]

Thanks Smudger for that very positive response. I also hope you get that good news[:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good gracious, you really are smarting from that previous exchange. What you put forward to help the cause is your business, not mine or that of anyone else. Now, given that you are not simply operating as an "individual poster" but have used this forum to conduct NCISA business are you making this intrusion on everyone''s level of financial support so as to make assessment on how each individual stacks up against your contribution? If so, is this official NCISA policy, or are you simply getting letting your "smarting" get in the way of good judgment. Either way, you are demonstrating very little class. These are things that people who have been well raised understand from an early age.

[/quote]

I''m going to ignore the usual condescension as I only worry about criticism from people that I have even an iota of respect for rather than frauds like you. A man who claims not to have a chip on his shoulder about Ncisa who just happens to be the only negative poster on this thread. Strange also that this is the only thread in the history of the world involving Ncisa that Nutty hasn''t crawled all over.

Let''s make it a little simpler for you. Will you be making a financial contribution to help the club that you purport to support. I don''t need to know an amount, just a simple yes or no will do. Anything else is irrelevant and will, quite rightly, be seen by everyone who reads this as a diversionary tactic.

No lectures, just a straight answer.Who knows, people might actually respect you for a little honesty.

So, Yankee, yes or no? I''m off to bed now, so I''ll look forward to picking up your answer in the morning. Nighty night.

Thank you Mr Butler, I may even be able to get a full round of drinks in before the season is out - fingers crossed???Take it easy on Yankee though you too.  I don''t quite believe it, but I can actually see the point that Crankee is trying to make on this thread! [:|]Blimey, who would''ve thought that I would ever say that???He may well be just on the wind up, or it could be genuine concern that he is showing with a rather guarded way of going about it.  Either way it does you two fellas and NCISA no favours by reacting to it.  Don''t let criticism from any individual posters ruin the good PR and finances that this could create.  State whatever facts you can when talking about it on here, but try not to engage in any poiut scoring.Keep up the good work!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Strange also that this is the only thread in the history of the world involving Ncisa that Nutty hasn''t crawled all over.

[/quote]

Is that an invitation?

If so why? And if not then keep me out of your personal gripe with Yankee. He is a poster that I have had enormous respect for during my entire time on this board. Yes even when he pulls me up about my style of posting. I see his criticisms as constructive.

I am happy to see that NCISA are finally offering their support to fans who were prepared to give the club money to ensure the signing of Barnett if indeed that is what Lambert requires. This I see as a positive move as our tens of thousands can now become a much larger amount.

I must say however that I am quite concerned at some of Beausants replies on here, not everybody agrees with any decision and you cant just go around knocking people that dont agree with you as anger often brings out comments that show your true colours. Personally I am not happy at the comment Beausant has made regarding how much he is giving and indicating therefore that he is some sort of hero. You must remember that a large number of us did not take the rebate and had we have followed NCISA reccomendations we would probably have not signed Grant Holt would probably still be in league 1 or worse administration. I have never and will never ask for a pat on the back for letting the club keep mine and my families money ( at the time this was at great financial hardship ) but you will recall we faced the ridicule of the NCISA. So if you were asking me the same question as you have asked Yankee I would have to answer a lot more than you mate and because I ignored your instructions not only was my money doubled but it was given when the club was in great need. I also read your response as saying that now you have changed your mind those who dont now give will be ridiculed ad considered not real fans.

I fear from your responses that to get membership you will champion the thought of the week instead of looking at the bigger picture, a good example of this being on the one hand you think people should hand over money on the other hand you are championing cheap football for certain groups, even though this could effect the clubs finances.  

Times have changed at our football club and the most trusted person in our club is Mr McNally. If McNally would have come to the fans explaining that Lambert needed Barnett 20000 + people would get behind him. NCISA should be advising the club this and giving it every bit of support neccessary not looking to be the saviours of our club. McNally is the leader of everything to do with this club.