Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

We are backing City

Both  the CEO and Manager of Norwich City Football Club have publicly stated that there is very little in the kitty to supplement our playing squad.

We are in a strong position to push for at least the playoffs and therefore, we, the fans, need to HELP our club as we have before.

Last year following a disastrous relegation and boardroom upheaval the fans voted to take back their promised rebates. We backed that decision based on the facts as they were at that time.

Hindsight is an exact science, but viewing the situation as it is now we are backing a campaign to additional monies to give Lambert a fighting fund, including, if people chose to do so, the return of some or all of the rebate that was reclaimed.

We have established that the club has shares that are available to purchase and this would be a simple way of instantly supplementing whatever the Directors can find.

NCISA will kick off this campaign by immediately buying £1000.00 of shares for its members.

We also promise that, in respect of every new membership received from now until the end of January, the full membership joining fee will be utilised to buy even more shares without any reduction in membership benefits.

Any donations received will also be used in this way, so if you took your rebate BUT  feel that, having made your point, now is the time to “give some back” in order to help the club, then we will be glad to coordinate this for you (if you so wish).

We are proud of our financial independence but also delighted that we can help our Club financially when they need it.

I didn''t claim my rebate, but now times are slightly better for me I would be willing to help in some way.How would I go about buying some shares?

[quote user="morty"]I didn''t claim my rebate, but now times are slightly better for me I would be willing to help in some way.

How would I go about buying some shares?
[/quote]

Either through Ncisa or you could apply direct to the club. Will give you more details when I see you tomorrow.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"]I didn''t claim my rebate, but now times are slightly better for me I would be willing to help in some way.How would I go about buying some shares?[/quote]

Either through Ncisa or you could apply direct to the club. Will give you more details when I see you tomorrow.

[/quote]Okie doke mate. I would probably do it through NCISA, as not going to invest millions (unless the lotto comes in for me).

A very good idea hopefully you raise a lot of money. I do have a couple of questions though.

1) Have you agreed with the club that any monies riased by NCISA through these shares will be given to Lambert?

2) Whose name will the shares be held under or can NCISA hold shares under it''s own name?

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]

A very good idea hopefully you raise a lot of money. I do have a couple of questions though.

1) Have you agreed with the club that any monies riased by NCISA through these shares will be given to Lambert?

2) Whose name will the shares be held under or can NCISA hold shares under it''s own name?

Davo

[/quote]

Obviously we can''t tell the club what to do, but the intent is pretty clear and very public!

Shares can either be held by Ncisa or by individuals. All we''re interested in doing is raising funds for Lambert, so we''ve offered to coordinate the purchase of shares, but if people want to buy direct that''s absolutely fine as well.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Davo"]

Davo

[/quote]

Obviously we can''t tell the club what to do, but the intent is pretty clear and very public!

Shares can either be held by Ncisa or by individuals. All we''re interested in doing is raising funds for Lambert, so we''ve offered to coordinate the purchase of shares, but if people want to buy direct that''s absolutely fine as well.

[/quote]

Just to supplement Beaus answer NCISA already holds shares in NCISA''s name for the benefit of it''s members.

Commendable... but for me winning the ''hearts and minds'' of the general fan base should be the priority of the discredited NCISA. Talking shares and providing a small level of funding for Paul Lambert goes way over the heads of most of the fans you need to attract.... whereas a Chistmas party for the members'' kids among other things would create the camaraderie such a supporters group will need to be successful.Again... putting down carpets before you''ve fixed the roof. Forget about pushing around such highbrow pieces of paper in the short term and try to remember what would have attracted you as a youngster..... as I doubt very much discussing shares would have been top of your priority.Feet on the ground lads.... feet on the ground.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Commendable... but for me winning the ''hearts and minds'' of the general fan base should be the priority of the discredited NCISA.

Talking shares and providing a small level of funding for Paul Lambert goes way over the heads of most of the fans you need to attract.... whereas a Chistmas party for the members'' kids among other things would create the camaraderie such a supporters group will need to be successful.

Again... putting down carpets before you''ve fixed the roof. Forget about pushing around such highbrow pieces of paper in the short term and try to remember what would have attracted you as a youngster..... as I doubt very much discussing shares would have been top of your priority.

Feet on the ground lads.... feet on the ground.
[/quote]

Simple logic Cluck. Lambert needs every penny in January. This is a way to help out, so everything else can wait. If every season ticket holder put in £30 we could raise over £600,000 for him to spend. This isn''t about Ncisa it''s about NCFC. We''re just the ones who got off our arse and tried to initiate some positive action.

Cluck, I normally find you very amusing, but urinating on this just because of who it is doing it isn''t very good form old chap.

[quote user="morty"]Cluck, I normally find you very amusing, but urinating on this just because of who it is doing it isn''t very good form old chap.

[/quote]Just interested in public backslapping Mort?..... or interested in diverse opinion?The NCISA is not NCFC. It is the job of NCFC to fund their manager not a fan''s group which should be concentrating on rebuilding it''s contact with the grassroot fan. If NCFC fail to provide funds for their manager... then it becomes the job of NCFC to ask why not.Perfectly reasonable thinking.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"]Cluck, I normally find you very amusing, but urinating on this just because of who it is doing it isn''t very good form old chap.

[/quote]Just interested in public backslapping Mort?..... or interested in diverse opinion?The NCISA is not NCFC. It is the job of NCFC to fund their manager not a fan''s group which should be concentrating on rebuilding it''s contact with the grassroot fan. If NCFC fail to provide funds for their manager... then it becomes the job of NCFC to ask why not.Perfectly reasonable thinking.

[/quote]No, not backslapping at all.A bunch of people trying to co-ordinate the raising of money to benefit the team.I really can''t see how you can pluck negatives from that. We all know the club is short of money, if we could put our hands in our pockets and make a difference, surely thats a good thing? We, as fans already very much fund the team through our support in the form of tickets, merchandising and any other money we put through the till anyway.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"]Cluck, I normally find you very amusing, but urinating on this just because of who it is doing it isn''t very good form old chap.

[/quote]No, not backslapping at all.A bunch of people trying to co-ordinate the raising of money to benefit the team.I really can''t see how you can pluck negatives from that. We all know the club is short of money, if we could put our hands in our pockets and make a difference, surely thats a good thing? We, as fans already very much fund the team through our support in the form of tickets, merchandising and any other money we put through the till anyway.[/quote]I would thought that after so many years of New Labour throwing money at problems rather than solving the issue you would realise that that is not the answer....The club is consolidating nicely in Division Two and the current squad is perefectly capable of holding it''s own as things are. It is the job of the board to provide funds for team building.... not fringe groups. We are not Accrington Stanley and this is not the 1960''s when coins were tossed into a blanket at half time to buy yet another crocked donkey.If you want to build a successful supporters group.... get out of ''business thinking'' mode and switch into ''grassroot'' mode. A pound thrown at NCFC today will last a mere moment..... a new young supporter attracted to the club will last a lifetime.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"]Cluck, I normally find you very amusing, but urinating on this just because of who it is doing it isn''t very good form old chap.

[/quote]No, not backslapping at all.A bunch of people trying to co-ordinate the raising of money to benefit the team.I really can''t see how you can pluck negatives from that. We all know the club is short of money, if we could put our hands in our pockets and make a difference, surely thats a good thing? We, as fans already very much fund the team through our support in the form of tickets, merchandising and any other money we put through the till anyway.[/quote]I would thought that after so many years of New Labour throwing money at problems rather than solving the issue you would realise that that is not the answer....The club is consolidating nicely in Division Two and the current squad is perefectly capable of holding it''s own as things are. It is the job of the board to provide funds for team building.... not fringe groups. We are not Accrington Stanley and this is not the 1960''s when coins were tossed into a blanket at half time to buy yet another crocked donkey.If you want to build a successful supporters group.... get out of ''business thinking'' mode and switch into ''grassroot'' mode. A pound thrown at NCFC today will last a mere moment..... a new young supporter attracted to the club will last a lifetime.

[/quote]I do take your points, and on the whole agree with at least some of them. But imagine this :- We put our hands in our pockets - Lambert takes us up through the play offs, and as the club has matched his ambition he decides to stick around - the extremely financially astute McNally wipes our debts and still manages to give the manager enough cash to stay up - Before you know it we''re established in the top flight of football again - The city stand is redeveloped and Carrow road holds 35,000 supporters.Well worth 30 quid of my hard earned, just in case.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]But imagine this :- We put our hands in our pockets - Lambert takes us up through the play offs, and as the club has matched his ambition he decides to stick around - the extremely financially astute McNally wipes our debts and still manages to give the manager enough cash to stay up - Before you know it we''re established in the top flight of football again - The city stand is redeveloped and Carrow road holds 35,000 supporters.

Well worth 30 quid of my hard earned, just in case.

[:)]
[/quote]

Blimey Morty, all that for 30 quid! If I chuck in another tenner that should get us the European Cup as well! [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"]Cluck, I normally find you very amusing, but urinating on this just because of who it is doing it isn''t very good form old chap.

[/quote]

Just interested in public backslapping Mort?..... or interested in diverse opinion?

The NCISA is not NCFC. It is the job of NCFC to fund their manager not a fan''s group which should be concentrating on rebuilding it''s contact with the grassroot fan. If NCFC fail to provide funds for their manager... then it becomes the job of NCFC to ask why not.

Perfectly reasonable thinking.

[/quote]

No, not backslapping at all.

A bunch of people trying to co-ordinate the raising of money to benefit the team.

I really can''t see how you can pluck negatives from that. We all know the club is short of money, if we could put our hands in our pockets and make a difference, surely thats a good thing? We, as fans already very much fund the team through our support in the form of tickets, merchandising and any other money we put through the till anyway.
[/quote]

I would thought that after so many years of New Labour throwing money at problems rather than solving the issue you would realise that that is not the answer....

The club is consolidating nicely in Division Two and the current squad is perefectly capable of holding it''s own as things are. It is the job of the board to provide funds for team building.... not fringe groups. We are not Accrington Stanley and this is not the 1960''s when coins were tossed into a blanket at half time to buy yet another crocked donkey.

If you want to build a successful supporters group.... get out of ''business thinking'' mode and switch into ''grassroot'' mode. A pound thrown at NCFC today will last a mere moment..... a new young supporter attracted to the club will last a lifetime.

[/quote]

I do take your points, and on the whole agree with at least some of them.

But imagine this :- We put our hands in our pockets - Lambert takes us up through the play offs, and as the club has matched his ambition he decides to stick around - the extremely financially astute McNally wipes our debts and still manages to give the manager enough cash to stay up - Before you know it we''re established in the top flight of football again - The city stand is redeveloped and Carrow road holds 35,000 supporters.

Well worth 30 quid of my hard earned, just in case.

[:)]
[/quote]

I would gladly put £30 in the pot, but not all S/T holders can donate, like my 12year old grandson, but the idea is good and can see most of the fans dipping in, We won''t find out until its on the move.  

On the topic of donating money to the club, I''d be more than happy to donate £50 odd quid to the club.

If NCISA are serious about this (and I dont doubt their great intentions) I''d rather give them the money to give to the club.

Would I have to join NCISA to donate to them?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="morty"]But imagine this :- We put our hands in our pockets - Lambert takes us up through the play offs, and as the club has matched his ambition he decides to stick around - the extremely financially astute McNally wipes our debts and still manages to give the manager enough cash to stay up - Before you know it we''re established in the top flight of football again - The city stand is redeveloped and Carrow road holds 35,000 supporters.Well worth 30 quid of my hard earned, just in case.[:)][/quote]

Blimey Morty, all that for 30 quid! If I chuck in another tenner that should get us the European Cup as well! [;)]

[/quote]40 quid it is then![;)]

Unfortunately I deal with realism Morty as my days of dreaming are far behind me.The truth is, Paul Lambert will be quite happy to consolidate our position at this level..... as will the rest of the club hierarchy. One more player brought in at this stage of re-construction will simply add to the pay-roll cost and not secure anything. Based on cost... work out logically what a small sum from the NCISA would buy these days?Also....based on past performance in the Premiership... do you honestly believe Smith and Co. would spend big rather than pay down debt? It would simply be the same old same old... a stable full of cheap foreign imports and a good manager walking away out of frustration. Should this happen then the plunge down the leagues which would follow would be catastrophic.Pushing a few shares around has nothing to do with wanting the best for NCFC.... but getting disenfranchised young fans back on board is

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Unfortunately I deal with realism Morty as my days of dreaming are far behind me.The truth is, Paul Lambert will be quite happy to consolidate our position at this level..... as will the rest of the club hierarchy. One more player brought in at this stage of re-construction will simply add to the pay-roll cost and not secure anything. Based on cost... work out logically what a small sum from the NCISA would buy these days?Also....based on past performance in the Premiership... do you honestly believe Smith and Co. would spend big rather than pay down debt? It would simply be the same old same old... a stable full of cheap foreign imports and a good manager walking away out of frustration. Should this happen then the plunge down the leagues which would follow would be catastrophic.Pushing a few shares around has nothing to do with wanting the best for NCFC.... but getting disenfranchised young fans back on board is

[/quote]Blimey, hide the razor blades!!Who are these disenfranchised fans exactly, by the way? The ground is packed to the rafters with kids!

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Unfortunately I deal with realism Morty as my days of dreaming are far behind me.

The truth is, Paul Lambert will be quite happy to consolidate our position at this level..... as will the rest of the club hierarchy. One more player brought in at this stage of re-construction will simply add to the pay-roll cost and not secure anything. Based on cost... work out logically what a small sum from the NCISA would buy these days?

Also....based on past performance in the Premiership... do you honestly believe Smith and Co. would spend big rather than pay down debt? It would simply be the same old same old... a stable full of cheap foreign imports and a good manager walking away out of frustration. Should this happen then the plunge down the leagues which would follow would be catastrophic.

Pushing a few shares around has nothing to do with wanting the best for NCFC.... but getting disenfranchised young fans back on board is

[/quote]

My little brother (13 by the way) has caught the Norwich City bug well and truly. All it takes is cheapish tickets for attractive games, a few good performances and you''ve caught them.

Norwich is a unique city in that we have a massive catchment area, it shouldnt be be hard to attract new young fans.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Beau - Good idea, if I join NCISA can I also make a donation to the cause?.[/quote]

In answer to CT and SOB , there is no requirement to join Ncisa in order to join the campaign  (although we obviously hope that many will), but we have agreed that all subscriptions and donations received before the end of January will go straight to the share purchase, although full member benefits will still be provided.

In response to Pete, I agree that some STs can''t afford £30, but others, myself included, will contribute more. It doesn''t matter how it''s made up, it''s getting money in, and, of course, I''m sure that some casual ticket holders will want to help.

Finally, to Cluck, I know what you''re saying but if we go up now and come straight down we will have enhanced the overall position immensely for a proper, permanet stay in the top flight. Stop worrying about Ncisa membership (that''s my job) and look at the bigger picture. It''s players, not happy kids with enamel badges that will get us up.

For all those interested there is a "shop" on our website.

If you pay through paypal and e-mail us on contact@ncisa.co.uk then we will tie the payment to the contributor. So don''t worry to much which category you use.[:D]

Membership forms (if you want them) are also downloadable(love that word) or can be filled in and e-mailed to us in the same way.

You don''t have to join BUT if you are donating, the whole donation goes into the fund, and you could still get the full benefits of a membership.It''s your choice.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Beau - Good idea, if I join NCISA can I also make a donation to the cause?.[/quote]

In answer to CT and SOB , there is no requirement to join Ncisa in order to join the campaign  (although we obviously hope that many will), but we have agreed that all subscriptions and donations received before the end of January will go straight to the share purchase, although full member benefits will still be provided.

In response to Pete, I agree that some STs can''t afford £30, but others, myself included, will contribute more. It doesn''t matter how it''s made up, it''s getting money in, and, of course, I''m sure that some casual ticket holders will want to help.

Finally, to Cluck, I know what you''re saying but if we go up now and come straight down we will have enhanced the overall position immensely for a proper, permanet stay in the top flight. Stop worrying about Ncisa membership (that''s my job) and look at the bigger picture. It''s players, not happy kids with enamel badges that will get us up.

[/quote]

Get the club to agree,and set it up, I will gladly chip in, although I''m speaking for myself  here and know many will chip in more but how would the money be collected,? I would suggest Payal   

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Get the club to agree,and set it up, I will gladly chip in, although I''m speaking for myself  here and know many will chip in more but how would the money be collected,? I would suggest Payal   

[/quote]

bloody keyboard (PAYPAL)

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

bloody keyboard (PAYPAL)

[/quote]

Lol! I have the same problem. If you refer to the Butler''s post above, I think it answers your question.