Sign in to follow this  
Kojak

Ruddy is not up to it!

He has been at fault for many of the goals we have conceded recently, indecisive and error prone. Surely Decland is a worth a go?

[quote user="Kojak"]He has been at fault for many of the goals we have conceded recently, indecisive and error prone. Surely Decland is a worth a go?[/quote]

How many more posts are there going to be about John you load of moaners  

[quote user="judderman"]I''ve never been to Decland.

Is it like Disneyland?
[/quote]

With the subtle difference that the central figure is a talented by unproven 19 year old who is being turned into a hybrid of Gordon Banks, Lev Yashin and Gianluigi Buffon in the fevered imagination of some posters.In addition, the pantomime villain is a 24 year old who''s helped his side to the verge of the play offs but has committed the iunforgiveable sin of not coming through the Academy or being Fraser Forster.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="judderman"]I''ve never been to Decland.

Is it like Disneyland?
[/quote]

With the subtle difference that the central figure is a talented by unproven 19 year old who is being turned into a hybrid of Gordon Banks, Lev Yashin and Gianluigi Buffon in the fevered imagination of some posters.In addition, the pantomime villain is a 24 year old who''s helped his side to the verge of the play offs but has committed the iunforgiveable sin of not coming through the Academy or being Fraser Forster.

[/quote]

Well, all I can say, Beau, is that having seen Banks (who was a combination of Banks, Yashin and Buffon) twice and Rudd (who is a combination of Rudd, Rudd and Rudd) three times and Ruddy once, I know in which order I would place those three, irrespective of their provenance. But perhaps Ruddy will improve on further inspection and look less like a combination of Ruddy, Buffon and The Great Buffoni clown act - pratfalls a speciality.[;)][:O][;)]

Quite unfair, of course, to judge on one sighting, when he only had two saves to make (both regulation) and managed one and not the other. However for a big man he seemed very uncommanding, while also having a big man''s lack of easy mobility. Positional sense (and the ability to get to where your positional sense tells to you be) is everything in goalkeeping. Anyone can makes saves. The trick is to make those saves as easy as possible. A goalkeeper who is always having to make spectacular saves is probably doing something wrong. Depending on what kind of defence he is playing behind...