Sign in to follow this  
OzCanary

Just not aggressive enough

I cannot believe that after all the permanent and loan signings during the window all we get is Stuart. Now, before you all jump up and down, yes, Ashton''s signing was a coup and should be applauded but it seems like after the board and Worthy orchestrated the deal they went back to sleep.

Survival in the premiership is paramount and we pick up a 34 year old reserve team player from Charlton.

Just look at some of the deals completed late in the window period:

• Olivier Bernard - $400,000 to Southampton
  • Walter Pandiani - $500,000/6 month deal to Birmingham
  • Henri Camara - loan deal to Southampton
  • Eric Djemba Djemba - loan deal sold to Villa for less than $2m.
  • Jermaine Pennant - loan deal to Birmingham

All of the above players would be a welcome addition to our squad and would assist in our survival attempts and they are at prices we could afford.

BUT, we just do not seem to be able be aggressive enough in our negotiations or maybe even not thinking outside the box enough to get these things done.

Every player that comes into the squad from other parts of the country or from abroad love Norwich and Norfolk in general yet still we struggle to get the sort of players that will really make a difference.

I would be interested in your opinions.

I am keeping the faith.

OTBC

[quote]I cannot believe that after all the permanent and loan signings during the window all we get is Stuart. Now, before you all jump up and down, yes, Ashton''s signing was a coup and should be applauded b...[/quote]

the reason we didn''t buy any of them is cause they''re all rubbish, not matter what the price

p.s. - don''t you have a £ sign on your keyboard

So in your mind Graeme Stuart is a better signing than everybody on that list.

What a joke!!

I left Bellamy off that list also, we could have afforded that loan deal Celtic got him for. I suppose he''s rubbish as well.

Blindness optimism at it''s best.

ozcanary how do u now we did''nt go for these players, for all we know they may have turned us down so get your facts before you shout your mouth off.

Pennant apart, I think the other four players you mentioned are players that I''m rather glad we didn''t buy. IMO these players offer little other than headaches;

• Olivier Bernard - a pants player IMO
  • Walter Pandiani - a troublemaker who blatantly doesn''t want to be in the UK, scored for Birmingham though
  • Henri Camara - troublemaker AND a pants player IMO although he has just scored for the Saints.
  • Eric Djemba Djemba - another pants player FACT!
  • Jermaine Pennant - the only class player you mentioned but realistically I don''t think we stood any chance, plus he has his off-field problems.
  • So in response, I don''t think that Graham Stuart is that bad a choice; at least he''s got experience and was a class player in his heyday. Class players don''t become donkeys overnight...

[quote]I cannot believe that after all the permanent and loan signings during the window all we get is Stuart. Now, before you all jump up and down, yes, Ashton''s signing was a coup and should be applauded b...[/quote]

Not another Norwich City fan without a clue

Bernard: We already have two/three left backs at the club, we didn''t need him. Decent player nonetheless but he''d choose Southampton over us if we were interested.

Pandiani: This guy is a great player on his day, way too good for us at this moment in time. Even if we wanted him, we cannot compete financially with Birmingham. Already said he''d rather be at Fiorentina.

Camara: Trouble-maker, not welcome at our stable club. Wages would be high too, not exactly the greatest team player, which is what we need.

Djemba-Djemba - Too good for us at this moment in time, hence him going to a mid-table side. Also we don''t have a spare few million.

Pennant: Another high-profile risk. Any point in signing a player who faces a potential jail term? Overrated in my opinion, will be released by Arsenal at the end of the season.

There you go...stop whinging!

Barclayendboy - whose to say that we did go in for them.

We will probably never know because it''s all cloke and dagger stuff.

It comes back to my original statement, we are just not aggressive enough. If we did go in for all of them, why wouldn''t they want to at least come on loan. NCFC is generally acknowledged as one of the best run and best football clubs to play at but we cannot get any of note to assist us in our survival battle.

Oh, btw, here you go "Making plans for" £.

Campbell, we have the equal worst defence in the league tied with West Brom and we don''t need a quality defender like Bernard.

Pandiani who is only on loan may not be happy but he has already scored for Birmingham. Wouldn''t have been a bad addition to our squad as we need as many goals aswe can get I would have thought.

Camara, well, take your point about possibly being troublsome but he is a proven goalscorer and as a loan player would again have been IMO well worth the risk.

Djemba-Djemba, we couldn''t afford Ashton either.

Pennant who again on loan would have been well worth the risk, personal issues aside. If he goes to jail he goes to jail, the loan deal ceases. Would have been worth the risk.

Our squad would be better off with everyone of these players. The squad we have at present particlaury backline does not have alot of quality, apart from Geeno of course.

[quote]Campbell, we have the equal worst defence in the league tied with West Brom and we don''t need a quality defender like Bernard. Pandiani who is only on loan may not be happy but he has already scored...[/quote]

Simon Charlton is as good a left back Bernard, if not better.

Pandiani would be too expensive...what don''t you understand about that?

Camara not worth touching, even if on loan.

Djemba Djemba...we spent £3m on Ashton, do you really think we''ve got £1.5m more to buy a player who wouldn''t even come to us anyway?!

Pennant is overrated and too much of a risk with a possible jail term, like I''ve already said.

It''s not just as simple as saying "Yeah, let''s get him..." -there are lots of factors into signing a player, whether permanently or on loan, that you cant seem to comprehend.

Well, as we can all see, we have lost again, alot of opportunities created but no one to finish them.

Campbell, interestingly both Pandiani and Camara scored for their respective teams. And FYI, Pandiani will cost Brimingham £500,000 for the 6 month loan. Since you seem to know all about the clubs financial issues, I am pretty sure we could have afforded that.

[quote]Well, as we can all see, we have lost again, alot of opportunities created but no one to finish them. Campbell, interestingly both Pandiani and Camara scored for their respective teams. And FYI, Pand...[/quote]

Thats correct Oz  .....  we had plenty of action around  Evertons box  .... just a bit more composure  before   shooting  is whats needed !   .....  we were certainly not second best in that match  .....   and  the last thing we need  at this point is more new faces in the team !!   ..... we DON`T have the time  for them to bed in  , AND  it  creates division in the team   ...  As  was proved in the M`bro match in the last ten minutes , we already have  the potential  to  beat the teams  directly above us   , just hope Worthy  replays ,again and again  ,that bit of action   on his screen  ...... something went right there  , reproduce that sort of play   over 90 minutes  , and who knows   .......

I''m with you on this Oz Canary. I don''t think Stuart looked as though he could offer us anything that McKenzie or McVeigh can''t give us.

May be left back is the one position at the club we have a few options but Bernard would boost those options and with Charlton injured and Drury looking very out of sorts this season and now injured he would have been a welcome addition to the club.

Either Camara or Pandiani would have been excellent signings because they score goals. That is what this club needs. Who gives a damn if they aren''t ''team players'', any player who could come in short term to keep us up would be worth the investment.

We could go on about why we didn''t buy this player or that player all day but we have to now deal with what we''ve got so lets hope Charlton gets fit pronto and McKenzie starts up front with Ashton. And why oh why is Shackell not given a go in central defence!!!!!