Sign in to follow this  
Tim Allman

Some back of a fag packet thoughts on season ticket prices

Not surprised to see the announcement coming out now, City playing well and nicely linked in with a “Beat the VAT” – which is a dressed up as real incentive, but less of an incentive than first meets the eye.

Assuming a season ticket is £450, the price breaks down as £383.97 price + VAT @ 17.5% of £66.03. It will cost you another £10 if you do not pay early as the cost will be £383.97 x VAT @20% which comes to £460.76.

Happy to see that the kids prices have been frozen. For the U12’s, which include both my daughters, this is good news. Looking at this from a different angle doubling the price of these tickets would be bad PR and also not raise that much cash. (based on 1500 kids paying £37.5 = £56,000, so would only raise another £56,000)

Bases on 13000+ adult season tickets x 23 games x £1.50 increase, this raises around £500,000

I heard we have 1200 legacy concessions in the City and Jarrold Stands who pay around £280 per season as opposed to £450. The removal of these concessions appears not to have been addressed. If they were completely removed it would raise around £324,000. Maybe this will be addressed this season for the start of next season, perhaps phased over a couple of years.

I wonder how many season tickets are in the 60-65 category? That could catch maybe 500+ people at £150+ difference in concession and could raise nearly £100,000.

5600 sooper members – more than I thought, and makes the old membership worth much less in obtaining ticket terms.

I wonder what the casual prices will be next season?

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Not surprised to see the announcement coming out now, City playing well and nicely linked in with a “Beat the VAT” – which is a dressed up as real incentive, but less of an incentive than first meets the eye.

Assuming a season ticket is £450, the price breaks down as £383.97 price + VAT @ 17.5% of £66.03. It will cost you another £10 if you do not pay early as the cost will be £383.97 x VAT @20% which comes to £460.76.

Happy to see that the kids prices have been frozen. For the U12’s, which include both my daughters, this is good news. Looking at this from a different angle doubling the price of these tickets would be bad PR and also not raise that much cash. (based on 1500 kids paying £37.5 = £56,000, so would only raise another £56,000)

Bases on 13000+ adult season tickets x 23 games x £1.50 increase, this raises around £500,000

I heard we have 1200 legacy concessions in the City and Jarrold Stands who pay around £280 per season as opposed to £450. The removal of these concessions appears not to have been addressed. If they were completely removed it would raise around £324,000. Maybe this will be addressed this season for the start of next season, perhaps phased over a couple of years.

I wonder how many season tickets are in the 60-65 category? That could catch maybe 500+ people at £150+ difference in concession and could raise nearly £100,000.

5600 sooper members – more than I thought, and makes the old membership worth much less in obtaining ticket terms.

[/quote]

Well apart from the fact we were expecting a rise I think its a good price that I will be paying for my seat in the Lower barclay, Remember it said the price will be the same if we manage to go up, And like many others I pay by D/D so even it was £100 inrcease, the extra couple of quid won''t make blind bit of difference, Or would people want cheap seats and bad results and lower league football or a chance to climb back up to the Premiership I know what I want, and if that means higher prices then so be it, All the figures that are flying around proves we have enought fans to warrent a bigger stadium,it all costs money.     I''m 60 next season and was looking forward to the lower price, but what the hell, We have to live with it,    

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

Just read through the season ticket stuff and the legacy concessions in the City and Jarrold Stands are here for just next season and then removed from 2012/13